What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Modern avionics with 1950s airframe,3.5 gen at best !!

Modern avionics with new airframe, engine, radar ,,, 4th gen at best !!!

Upcoming F-7BGI radar...

F-7BGI Radar: KLJ-6F Fire control radar
------------------------------------------------

581100_268782879896500_219416307_n.jpg

KLJ-6F Fire control radar: The dimention of the radar is same as KLJ-6E but search, track and attack range has been improoved heavily. KLJ-6F is a BVR capable radar with a range of 86+km and it can track upto 6 and engage 2.

Many have contradicted a BVR option for F-7BGI by saying its nose is too small to install one. So, is it correct or should we trust your statement that it is BVR capable that can see multiple targets 85-95 km away and shoot at two targets simultaneously (probably when these are little closer, say 60 or 70 km away).
60 km away, The air frame remains the same. In fact it is based on latest J-7G2.

Upcoming F-7BGI engine...

F-7BGI engine: WP-14C Kunlun 3: 8,360 kg (82 kN) thrust
--------------------------------------------------------------------

317979_268782989896489_906819202_n.jpg

WP-14C Kunlun 3 engines have a thrust of 8,360kg. It is almost same as the thrust of JF-17 at 8,700kgf. However JF achieves this thrust at the take off stage when the air is thick. So, It's thrust of 8,360 kg achieved when in thick air at take off stage.
WP-14C engines are proven to be very capable.

[ courtesy: Major Shaheb / http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...e-proposed-defence-budget-2.html#post3036957]

- MHJ ...

I highly doubt it'll have new airframe,i think it'll look like the BGs with some minor changes.

I highly doubt it'll have new airframe,i think it'll look like the BGs with some minor changes.

However, if BGI is BVR capable, its small nose has to be modified to a longer one. This may require other body changes. In such a case BGI may look a little different from its other cousines, although, I belive the changes will be minor.

However, if BGI is BVR capable, its small nose has to be modified to a longer one. This may require other body changes. In such a case BGI may look a little different from its other cousines, although, I belive the changes will be minor.

You are getting it wrong my friend. F-7BGI will have the same airframe as J-7G2. Its basically the same airframe as F-7BG with a little change in its double delta wing design and tail section. The new KLJ-6F radar is of same size as KLJ-6E but with greater range of 86+ km. So, there will be no change in the intake or the nose section.

J-7G2:
post-131-1245445344.jpg

You are getting it wrong my friend. F-7BGI will have the same airframe as J-7G2. Its basically the same airframe as F-7BG with a little change in its double delta wing design and tail section. The new KLJ-6F radar is of same size as KLJ-6E but with greater range of 86+ km. So, there will be no change in the intake or the nose section.

J-7G2:
post-131-1245445344.jpg

How many hardpoints the BGI will have, seven including one below the fuselege? For other matters, as far as I understand Mig-21 is the only plane in the world that is still in demand. It is a proved platform. However, it cannot probably be improved any further. So, my question is how capable this BGI will be in terms of its basic function as a bomber as well as its probable role as a multifunction plane?

J-7G2:

My honest opinion is that ... its better to have no air force at all instead of operating these WW-2 class fighters.

My honest opinion is that ... its better to have no air force at all instead of operating these WW-2 class fighters.

Ankur i think that you are not here to discuss about bangladesh defence rather belittle everything without any prior knowledge.

India operates about 250 of these "WW2 class fighters", higest number of fighter planes in their inventory. And only in the near future they will be phased out. These planes are interceptor fighters, that means they will intercept any enemy planes in our teritory, bangladesh military adopts a defensive strategy thus we bought this plane. Also these planes will act as stop gap till we get buy 4th gen ighter planes

I believe, instead of buying 3.5 generation F-7BGI or wish to be 4th generation HAL Tejas & JF-17, BAF should procure someting like 4+/4.5 generation Mig-29SMT/M/M2 or Mig-35 or F-16E/F or JAS-39NG or Su-30MK2/3/B and make proper use of the $130million they are spending on BGI.

I really would have hated it more if the govt. didn't use the phrase "Stop Gap".

How many hardpoints the BGI will have, seven including one below the fuselege? For other matters, as far as I understand Mig-21 is the only plane in the world that is still in demand. It is a proved platform. However, it cannot probably be improved any further. So, my question is how capable this BGI will be in terms of its basic function as a bomber as well as its probable role as a multifunction plane?

BGI will have 5 hardpoints in total (though rumor suggest J-7G2 has an extra wingtip hardpoint [i highly doubt] but I believe that is for smoke pod). However the centerline hardpoint is not only for fuel tank anymore. The centerline hardpoint along with the two inner wing hardpoints can be used for BVR missiles, or LGBs or Anti runway bombs or AShMs etc. The KLJ-6F radar is capable enough to track a frigate sized ship from 100 km away, a tank from 20km.
Not the best ground attack aircraft arround.

After specific flight hour BAF used to send aircrafts to china for overhauling purpose..... Now Bangladesh have started overhauling of its training Aircrafts inside Bangladesh which saves 4/5th of the Money! BAF is now working ON F7 overhauling plant with Help from China.........

After specific flight hour BAF used to send aircrafts to china for overhauling purpose..... Now Bangladesh have started overhauling of its training Aircrafts inside Bangladesh which saves 4/5th of the Money! BAF is now working ON F7 overhauling plant with Help from China.........
I've also heard that BAF gonna overhaul SLAF F-7s.

Since BAF ground troops exist, i think its about time we should consider creating a commando unit for the BAF. It will significantly increase the strengths of our military

Back
Top Bottom