What's new

Bangladesh Air Force sends pilots for training on F-18 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i think ghreb is right we see hundereds of images where our poilets are on board or with many fighters in friendly nations so its not mean we are going to buy we need proper gov link.if link is from DSN of US defence ministry its mean matter is done.

[/IMG]

Come on Imran what stops USA to give BAF a squadron of mothballed F 18's to checkmate China and Burma thru FMS ?

Have they not done the same with PN with the Oliver Perry's ?

BAF has a moderate pro West Govt and has a threat from Burma so why can't the US Government be as generous as they have been to Pakistan?

Lets watch the fun.

:coffee:

^^^^

I agree with you.
Besides Burma has already placed order for Mig-29s,so BAF wanting to counter it, is a logical and natural move.
But I still think its too early to state we are ordering F-18,unless a solid confirmation is given.

As you said earlier,lets watch the fun :coffee:

imo SU-35 would have been a better option for obvious reasons.....but again its their call ....plus an american plane to counter a russian one is also a good idea...
way to go bangladesh....:cheers:

every thing is posible .i don't say us bnever sold or some thing fishy i just say these images not enugh to proove BD go for hernets.if officaly some thing come out i will congs BD

every thing is posible .i don't say us bnever sold or some thing fishy i just say these images not enugh to proove BD go for hernets.if officaly some thing come out i will congs BD

Dear IK,

Agreed but to add to that, while US AF or Marines are more than happy to give a visiting CNS, CAS a free joy ride, something seems strange when you have 10 youngsters flying an F 18 Hornet in the USA from BAF. As some one in the know, on such things I would not be suprised if this was not a test exercise to see if the BAF can handle such hardware in general. In real terms talent check.

Something is brewing and we should wait and watch and also praise the BAF of being competent enough to be invited for such missions.

Regards

Ps : If history is right one of your best aces came from erstwhile Pakistan and lives happily in Pakistan.

@ AN,

Is it possible to be neutral always?
BTW, even u r a British but it seems u r well interested to BD. That's good.

*off topic.

@ AN,

Is it possible to be neutral always?
BTW, even u r a British but it seems u r well interested to BD. That's good.

*off topic.

Well if the best Ace PAF produced was from Bangladesh origin whats wrong in mentioning it ?

I am intrigued and appreciative that BAF has 10 good young men capable flying F 18's and I don't appreciate anyone calling their experience as a paid joy ride.

Regards

its no problim every air force has pilots for evry air crafts so what if they send guys for hornet training?

Yes, you are right. But, for some unknown reasons, Indian posters do not like the news that BD pilots are taking traing on hornet in the USA. They want all kinds of proofs as if BD posters here are military intelligence officers. Moreover, neither BD govt nor its military publishes security related news. Newspapers also refrain from publishing unauthorized military news.

By the way, someone has already posted the photograph of one unit of hornet that has been gifted by the USA to Bangladesh. Purpose was certainly to get used to and become fond of this machine. And now, since BD pilots like it, therefore, some of them have been sent to the USA for training that will open the way to make future purchase.

Why the Indians have to contest this news, do they feel threatened by it or do they think because they have signed a kind of deal with the USA, therefore, the latter cannot sell any weapons to BD?

Yes, you are right. But, for some unknown reasons, Indian posters do not like the news that BD pilots are taking traing on hornet in the USA. They want all kinds of proofs as if BD posters here are military intelligence officers. Moreover, neither BD govt nor its military publishes security related news. Newspapers also refrain from publishing unauthorized military news.

QUOTE]

Sorry to blow your bubble but (a minority of them) both Indians and Pakistanis think the BAF went for a charity ride.

Don't be so blind.

Regards

QUOTE]

Sorry to blow your bubble but (a minority of them) both Indians and Pakistanis think the BAF went for a charity ride.

Don't be so blind.

Regards

Yes, you are right with your assessment about both PK and Indian posters. I have read some PK posters saying that their JF-17 jets are off-limit to BD, although some of them shed cocodiles tears time to time with regard to the security of BD.

BD does not need handouts from these two cousins. BD is striving to build its economy and it is on right track. Our money can buy us whatever we need to defend us. JF-17 is certainly not one of such items.

again i say we pakistani don't have any negative think abut you yaar.just one qes if BD hva 50 or 100 super hornets why we have problim? are they going to use against us???????? never ever so why the hell we have any problim?we congs you to standup and defencd your borders.not we sale you before many times? ask to sir murad abut gifts from PAF to BAF in past he delever that.i just try to clear this news only if you guys think i say BAF went for a charity ride i am so sorry.

Bangladesh Military forum reporting not me.

http://www.***************/
That forum is a pure lie factory when it comes to showing off BD MIL's capability, it does no favor to the country or the humanity by disseminating lie of that type. In fact, when Burmese-BD word of war reached at pick, BD-MIL's imbecility/fakeness got out. Many concerned people told me that the owner was warned and frired from different sites for his compulsive lies hardly it worked.

Who else would offer americans would have asked to try it out i won't doubt but at the same time i don't know and we don't have a super authentic source to confirm the offer rest assured US can establish some sort of funds under which Bangladesh can buy them but I would still prefer BD to upgrade Mig-29s and procure more meanwhile add FC-1 to its inventory with western radar, radar is on offer that is Selex Vixen is on offer in the market nothing better than it..

Did Pakistan buy F-16 with US funds?

This claim has been downed here already.

Please come up with a proper news source.

If they are on training with US then both US and Bangladeshi media would flash it.

GB

P.S: - I request the mods to request the thread starter to back his claim with proper sources or else please close the thread.

I do not understand why garibnawaz is so agitated by this news?!
In Bangladesh, media never knows about military procurement before the final contract is inked. This is how the Bangladesh military rolls. Bangladeshi media is not very good at covering military procurement news. They are not interested either. They are only interested about how much Government has allocated for defence budget. and how much of it could have been spent on education or social sector. within the budget, the military can buy whatever they want! Whether they are buying tanks for the army or buying gifts for their wives is not issue, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom