What's new

BALOCHISTAN STUDENTS GRILL CM PUNJAB OVER CPEC

The article hasn't reported correctly. Isn't this a relevant question to ask CM of Punjab who they perceive as one face of Establishment? I hope that they don't get labeled as traitors or slaves of sardars or what not.
۔ طلبا نے کہا کہ چینی زبان سیکھنے کے لئے طالب علموں کو بھی لاہور سے بھیجا جاتا ہے۔

http://www.express.pk/story/686482/

Last edited:
And abdul malik got removed .

He also protested in past for shares of balochistan.
Maybe federal didn't like him for his rebellious nature .
Nope. There was a contract between Malik/Sanaullah & Nawaz shareef. You don't know about it?

Laanat on nawaz ganja on removing Malik & appointing this pig..

As I have said, this is not neighborhood. this is as much their home as gawadar.
Then the students shouldn't have critised development in their other part of home. No?

Then the students shouldn't have critised development in their other part of home. No?
Clearly, I dont see students here defending their own politicians and only bashing Punjabi politicians like thing. Second thing is Shahbaz is no ordinary CM, he is the second most powerful politician in the country. So, student might ask him or convey him situation of Gawadar. And most importantly they are only kids and they have only put forward a question. It is no big deal. Shahbaz Sharif replied them and thats all. What makes sense that student must ask this but not this. It defies the whole purpose of questioning. Or people here implying that they are politically motivated ?

Clearly, I dont see students here defending their own politicians and only bashing Punjabi politicians like thing. Second thing is Shahbaz is no ordinary CM, he is the second most powerful politician in the country. So, student might ask him or convey him situation of Gawadar. And most importantly they are only kids and they have only put forward a question. It is no big deal. Shahbaz Sharif replied them and thats all. What makes sense that student must ask this but not this. It defies the whole purpose of questioning. Or people here implying that they are politically motivated ?
What you are avoiding is that the perception of the students, their knowledge and understanding was influenced by "knowing" that they are deprived from their rightful resources. Students and you need a reality check.

Well i'm out of this.

December 21, 2016

LAHORE: A delegation of Baloch students posed tough questions to Chief Minister of Punjab, Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, as he met them on Wednesday.
Chief Minister of Punjab Shahbaz Sharif was grilled by a delegation of Baloch students, who questioned his policies from the Metro Bus scheme to the neglect of Balochistan province.
One student asked the Chief Minister as to why development was only taking place in Lahore when the essential part of the whole China-Pakistan Economic Corridor pertained to Gwadar. He asked him why there was no development taking place in Gwadar but Metro Bus schemes were being built in Lahore?
“Weren’t Danish schools and a network of roads set up before the CPEC project?” replied Shahbaz Sharif. “Similarly, Metro buses were also operating in Lahore before CPEC,” he said.
Another student asked whether the CPEC project would result in jobs for the local Baloch youth?
“When the Gwadar port is fully functional and an airport is built in the city, you people (locals) will be appointed officers in them,” he said.

https://khybernews.tv/balochistan-students-grill-cm-punjab-over-cpec/

@war&peace @SherDil007 @Mentee
well another question should araise what is CM punjab doing for rest of punjab.

may be they should also fry their local sardars on corruption and looting..it is a blessings of central govt that some development has occurred in Balochistan..

She does have points...and some serious efforts need to go into gwadars local issues

He's CM of Lahore only but at the same time i will say they should ask these questions to CM Balochistan or PM of Pakistan you just can't blame 1 province every time it's high time people starts questioning their provincial governments too. Balochistan have been neglected for a long time i think both Federal and Balochistan governments should work together and provide at least basic things like clean water, schools and hospitals etc.

Provided that this form is dedicated to discuss defense matters, lack of understanding to basic economic principles and information is quite apparent.
Baluchistan was largest producers of Gas; so what happend, who benefited the most; Akber Bugti and his cohorts benefited the most;...... Hundreds of vehicles belonging to SNGPL & SSGPL were at the disposal of Bugti Clan; their favorites got jobs (not high ranking) at these companies at hefty salaries; a driver got many fold more salary than prevalent rate.... this was about 20-25 year ago, that I got to know....................
And what province and general populace of Baluchistan got... nothing.. not even a primary school in Dera Bugti then.
I once asked a person then residing in the vicinity of Dera Bugti, who was all accolads for Nawab Akber, that why were no schools, or dispenciers or any amenities were not provided by Sardars, answer was simple that Sardars would not let this happen..... their sardaris will affected and control will be lost.

What was situation common in Punjab and Baluchistan, say, a 100-150 years ago has greatly changed in Punjab through a lot of struggles and sacrifices of its people, but the situation in Baluchistan is almost the same.

Punjab produces 5% of gas but pays for 100% of gas it uses, and you seem to infer (rather indirectly and very softly) that someone is ripping off Baluchistan.
No one is ripping off Baluchistan, but different parts of Pakistan are at different levels of social evolution.
I acknowledge that Balochistan govt and sardars are part of the problem but so is the elevated status of Punjab and Karachi. I am an urdu speaker and acknowledge the problems my ethnic group has caused for others in its wish for (extra?) rights. Though many Punjabis I know have been very introspective Punjabis here on PDF are ethnicentrists who aren't even venturing close to this, going as far as defending their so called demi god Sharif.

Voting for Sharif corrupt mafia is virtually as bad as voting for the violent MQM. They have ruined the nation and since their interests are tied with Sharif and his corruption they support him. Balochistan has a cocktail of problems but it has also been deprived from the federal government. Poverty rate is highest in Balochistan of all provinces and so is the literacy. This situation must be rectified immediately. We cannot afford to have literacy, employment, development and other forms of economic superiority in one region. Even after losing Bangal we have learned nothing. The sardars are not the only threat to Balochistan's development.

Good... this is what democracy looks like. Hold your elected officials accountable and open channels of communications to address all concerns from every stakeholder.

Keep telling the politicians, "do more, do more" ... no personality worship.

Back
Top Bottom