What's new

BAF Buying JF-17?

We have options like J-10B/C which easily replace our j-7 aircraft. JF-17 with western avionics package will be a another options with possibility of local assembly considering large purchase we made.

Considering current relationship with Pakistan and AL relation with India buying a Pakistani plane can make India annoyed to Hasina which she wouldn't like. But if the deal goes that possibly to off set defence deal with India.

what kind of defence deal BD is having with india?

any hardware mentioned?

So where does it say we are heavily dependent on India?

Sorry I cannot post link so I'm putting the website details, don't want to derail further so this is the last from me
Ieefa org study
Buckley
Sarah Jane Ahmed
Nov. 2016

Since 2004 with the increase in demand in Bangladesh India is the only consistent reliable electricity source of around 600 MW going onto 2000 MW [ieef org study] . The Minister AHM Kamal is boasting this will solve Bangladesh electricity crisis in 3 years [source:Dhaka Tribune, FEb. 2017]. Reasons given for more import are depletion of gas reserves.

Just like the Air Force, Physical infrastructure is also not much priority of the Bangladeshi govt.. Bangladesh spent 2.8% of GDP on infrastructure FY2016. lol this is what liberation did. Even Phillipines spent more than that. Bangladesh's former Pakistan the 'Failed State' has invested 3-4 times than that.

I CHALLENGE any Bangladeshi to find a leader who spent more iin Infrastructure than the West Pakistani Military dictator Ayub Khan, who financed the jatiya sangsad, zia airport, kaptai dam still used by Banglas.

IEEFA org report proposed solar alternative energy projects for Bangladesh, which are not in any sort of plan of hasina govt. mean the govt. will ask for more imports in electricity sector from India. The Hasina Govt. has not been able to gather finances for Padma Bridge which is also delayed.

Another Ayub Khan era nuclear power project Bangladesh could'nt built Rooppur Nuclear power plant proposed feasbility report completed by Canadian firm financed by Pakistan Govt. in 1962 after installation of KANUPP [Karachi nuclear plant]. in late 1950s.. Bangladesh tried to revive it in 1974 with help of Soviet Union, failed. The cost already above $10+ billion which means its getting impossible to get it made. No resources whatsoever still trying to find donors like WB, IDB, China or India.

We don't hate Bangladeshis per se, but some of their ugly, fish and rice eating dwarf compatriots are total sellouts.
It's funny to see Pakistanis call Bangladeshis dwarf when they 're only about 3 cm taller on average.

On topic less than 0.0001% chance of happening.

Sorry I cannot post link so I'm putting the website details, don't want to derail further so this is the last from me
Ieefa org study
Buckley
Sarah Jane Ahmed
Nov. 2016

Since 2004 with the increase in demand in Bangladesh India is the only consistent reliable electricity source of around 600 MW going onto 2000 MW [ieef org study] . The Minister AHM Kamal is boasting this will solve Bangladesh electricity crisis in 3 years [source:Dhaka Tribune, FEb. 2017]. Reasons given for more import are depletion of gas reserves.

Just like the Air Force, Physical infrastructure is also not much priority of the Bangladeshi govt.. Bangladesh spent 2.8% of GDP on infrastructure FY2016. lol this is what liberation did. Even Phillipines spent more than that. Bangladesh's former Pakistan the 'Failed State' has invested 3-4 times than that.

I CHALLENGE any Bangladeshi to find a leader who spent more iin Infrastructure than the West Pakistani Military dictator Ayub Khan, who financed the jatiya sangsad, zia airport, kaptai dam still used by Banglas.

IEEFA org report proposed solar alternative energy projects for Bangladesh, which are not in any sort of plan of hasina govt. mean the govt. will ask for more imports in electricity sector from India. The Hasina Govt. has not been able to gather finances for Padma Bridge which is also delayed.

Another Ayub Khan era nuclear power project Bangladesh could'nt built Rooppur Nuclear power plant proposed feasbility report completed by Canadian firm financed by Pakistan Govt. in 1962 after installation of KANUPP [Karachi nuclear plant]. in late 1950s.. Bangladesh tried to revive it in 1974 with help of Soviet Union, failed. The cost already above $10+ billion which means its getting impossible to get it made. No resources whatsoever still trying to find donors like WB, IDB, China or India.

You have just quoted part of a news report that doesn't prove anything. Let me give you the exact figures. Our total power generation is about 10,000MW and we are importing only 600MW from India. This could, in no way, be referred to as 'dependence'

The Ruppoor Power Plant is already under construction and is financed by Russia. This is just one of many power plant projects under construction, financed by various countries.

FB_IMG_1490268599528.jpg.e6b1b1e83208d36487093f50b3c2ece4.jpg
Now its confirmed ... Bangladesh Airforce procuring JF-17/FC1

image:BDMilitary.com

View attachment 385965 Now its confirmed ... Bangladesh Airforce procuring JF-17/FC1

image:BDMilitary.com

Pardon, but only since a JF-17 model is shown at an Airshow or defence exhibition (Bangladesh Military Hardware display Dhaka 2017) ??? If this model would show full BAF-colours I would agree, but by now the number of unconfirmed rumours - some of then are so much off and unsubstantial - that I would wait until an official confirmation.

But if true, then congrats, IMO a perfect choice.

Deino

Pardon, but only since a JF-17 model is shown at an Airshow or defence exhibition (Bangladesh Military Hardware display Dhaka 2017) ??? If this model would show full BAF-colours I would agree, but by now the number of unconfirmed rumours - some of then are so much off and unsubstantial - that I would wait until an official confirmation.

Deino
it is Bangladesh Military Hardware display Dhaka 2017.....which is showing present & future Military hardware for Bangladesh Military...... why would bangladesh showcase JF-17 replica if they will not procure them.

has anyone visited the Arms Exhibition at Dhaka, which is currently going on?

a model of JF-17 is proudly on display there..... :sniper:

it is Bangladesh Military Hardware display Dhaka 2017.....which is showing present & future Military hardware for Bangladesh Military...... why would bangladesh showcase JF-17 replica if they will not procure them.
oops!!.... same time!! :-)

Deino
of course it doesn't confirm anything.... but does give the Indians a run right before Sheikh Hasina's India visit....

On topic,
Bangladesh govt has bloody history of partition suffered in Pakistani hands, wants to prosecute Pakistan is,
Yet want to buy jf-17, this is heights of propaganda

plz try a bit harder.... its not really working...

Irkut Su-30 Jets On Bangladesh Radar, Seeks India’s Help With Service, Maintenance
Defenseworld.net Exclusive
05:10 AM, March 23, 2017
malaysian_1490247940.jpg

Malaysian Su-30MKM fighter at LIMA'17

Russia’s Su-30SM jets made by Irkut Corp are on the procurement radar of Bangladesh which has put out a request for information (RFI) to buy eight multi-role fighter jets with an option of four more planes for its air force.

“We are seeking information about the Su-30 and other planes”, Md Humayun Kabir, Defence Advisor in the Bangladesh High Commission, Kuala Lumpur told Defenseworld.net after his meeting with Irkut Corp executives at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aviation (LIMA) exhibition yesterday.

“Since India is a big operator of Su-30 jets, we may need the help of India with service and maintenance should the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) select the Russian plane”, Hymayun Kabir said adding that the procurement process had just begun and he would not like to say which other aircraft manufacturers have been approached or are in contention to supply aircraft to the BAF.

He said in his meeting with Irkut executives he asked if there would be synergy between the YAK-130 combat/trainer planes bought by the BAF in the past and the Su-30SM jets. The Irkut executives told him that the YAK-130 could train its pilots to fly the Su-30SM jets as the latter were designed to train pilots to fly the advanced Su-30s.

The Directorate General of Defence Purchases (DGDP) has issued an RFI issued an in early March this year detailing the type of aircraft it needs. According to reports, the aircraft should be a twin-engine design, with each powerplant providing at least 5,500 kg in dry thrust and more than 8,000 kg with afterburn.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/18...eeks_India___s_Help_With_Service__Maintenance

1. Therefore, BAF acquires:

• 8 x Su-30SME
  • 16 x JF-17 Block II
2. A smart act by SHW. Sino-Pak deal to keep India a bay. And SU 30 maintenance to keep India guessing.

This is what pathetic source have to say which is not more worth then a toilet paper but even they mention catic and not Pak officials, i dont know how bengali writer can imagine Pakistan dictating china to not sell their own products like j-10 for the sake of joint venture with Pakistan.. Well leave it.. as i said obsessed pricks who cant think beyond Pakistan..

I really wish you guys success in J-10 but Chinese may fear you guys let Gangadeshis check their important equipment.. You have to satisfy them before any such deal,
i think the chinese president stating us as time tested ally proves otherwise.... let's see which way the deal goes.... i feel it's goinna be j-10 and not jf-17 not because jf-17 is from pakistan but because j-10 will have more commonality with our future platforms like sukhois....

you can dream on...... you can eat whatever you like in your dreams..... we don't mind.... we know what India is.....

Faulty supplies to troops: UN deducts Rs 338 crore from payment to India
In 2013, the UN General Assembly introduced the idea of deduction for “absent or unserviceable” equipment to underline the fact that “troops are not able to fully meet the role for which they are deployed to UN peacekeeping operations if they are not properly equipped.”
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...t-united-nation-cut-payment-to-india-3041625/

China doesn't have direct physical access into Afghanistan..... Pakistan has..... if China ever needs to work there, it needs to depend on Pakistan.... the other route is through Central Asian states.... but there are other issues there that China can't solve without the help of Pakistan....
but that would be easy for china... pakistan is an ally i am sure they'll help china reach its goals

Wow you are filled with so much hate man, chill out a little. BTW we don't hate you. A common Pakistani either has positive feelings towards Bengladeshis or no feelings at all, but hatred is not something we have for you guys. And this is coming from a guy whose father became a POW in 71 and spent 2 and a half years in an Indian prison.
trust me i have no hate agaisnt pakistanis... my uncle served in pakistan army in the war in 71, deserted for his moral reasons and now he is a pakistani retired banker/ businessman... i have grown up with pakistanis... few of em are like family to me... i got no hate against y'all... i am just speaking for the general public.

Back
Top Bottom