What's new

Babur Cruise Missile - Database

Babur II was made anti ship capable as description said , capable of hitting targets at sea. So must have some form of active seeker.
That too was not part of plan during designing phase! Incorporated later i think. Or do you think it was planned as such from the very start?

That too was not part of plan during designing phase! Incorporated later i think. Or do you think it was planned as such from the very start?
As of now its 20 year old system , so improvements must have been made over 2 decades.
Also babur had a modular design from beginning which makes adding new features all too easy, as modules can be swapped with new better ones instead of changing the whole missile.
I see six modules bolted together

C1zHzw0XAAANH7Z.jpg

For adding new sensors, just the front module needs changing and changes in software. The rest of the missile remains the same.

Pakistan successfully test launches enhanced version of Babur cruise missile

Pakistan on Saturday conducted a successful test of an enhanced range version of the indigenously developed Babur cruise missile to bolster the country’s deterrence capabilities, an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release said.

The tested missile — described by the ISPR as 'Babur Weapon System-1 (B)' — incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can strike targets both at land and sea with high accuracy, at a range of 700 kilometres.

The Babur missile was unveiled in 2005 and since then has undergone several upgrades. It is a low-flying, terrain-hugging missile, which can hit targets both at land and sea with pinpoint accuracy, even in the absence of GPS navigation. It also has stealth features.

Equipped with the Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and Digital Scene Matching and Area Co-relation (DSMAC) technologies, it can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1401591/p...ches-enhanced-version-of-babur-cruise-missile

@Dazzler @HRK @TaimiKhan @fatman17 @Signalian

The wording enhanced range version is seriously bothering me specially when in the same tweet it says 700km

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom