What's new

Babri Masjid Case Ruling Today

A question to all Pakistani members here:

Had the Babri Masjid not been demolished ,would you"ve agreed with the verdict?

You can't take a 800 year old history account and demolish a mosque being used by present day Muslims , and that specially with understanding that Mr Ram has not filed a suit , its some pundit who thinks he was born there. Reports state that statues were placed in mosque by ppl

If Ram Ji has no interest in raising a claim why is the pundit so critical to install idols why did the Ram ji did not create a miracle and move the mosque to different location while keeping every one happy ?

Why did it took mobs of angry Mobsters to demolish a property

I think its completely unfair to associate a religious figure to a violent act and justify it

Almost all buildings in India have something underneth them does that means Ram was born in all these places?

If the place is so important gov should allocate 150 million USD to muslims and they can build a new mosque in community away from the place and hindus can keep the whole place to themsleves

Muslims should reject the 1/3 and go for 150 million law suit against gov of India

And construct and fund 400 new mosques for their community

In general there is no harm but to think that the mob that destroyed a history mosque is dancing and jumping around next door and you get 1/3 half of mosque is a joke

Gov of India's stance that NO we will not pay you for damages, and on top of that we will reward the hindu who destroyed the building , its worthy enough reason to sue gov of India in National courts and international courts

Last edited:
Look, I think your position has been well established. You want the Mughal monuments in India to be shipped back from whence they came. And I specifically brought up the Taj, which was built by Shahjahan, and you said "take it back".

And its truly unfortunate that you couldn distinguish between satire and facts.

You say Babar came to loot India and you disregard the fact that he layed the basis for an empire *IN* India. His family stays on in the sub continent till today. What sort of looter does that?

See....this is what I said.No amount of writing can deny the fact Babar was a foreigner.
And did anyone invite him here to lay down an empire and settlwe down.He came uninvited to loot India and seeing the wealth and prosperity settled down and as such doesnt deserve my respect.

Thats to it.

"99% of the present day muslims in India are the natives of this land"; this is factually not correct, though irrelevant to the discussion. And if they were converted "under the swords of these invaders" that means that you think of generations of Mughal rulers as invaders, even those who were born in India.

That tells everyone here just how bigoted you are. You are disowning people born on Indian soil, whose fathers and grandfathers were born on Indian soil, and calling them a "foreign invader". So what does it take for someone to be Indian? Why aren't all decendents of Aryans to this day, "foreign invaders"? I think we all know the answer, and you have given it to us with no ambiguity. You consider muslims in India "foreign invaders" and you would have Shah Jahan's glorious Taj disassembled and shipped off Indian soil. I think I have shown the readership what I wanted to. No need for me to further engage with a bigot.

What an ingenous,misleading argument taking my post completely out of context and imposing your POV on it..

FYI this is my previous post and please read once more.

And also Just because I say Babar is a foreign invader does not mean All the Muslims are also Foreign.What a ridiculous logic is that.

99% of the present day Muslims in India are the natives of this land who were converted either by the Sufi saints or under the sword of these invaders.

Natives - Meaning

Last edited:
You can't take a 800 year old history account and demolish a mosque being used by present day Muslims , and that specially with understanding that Mr Ram has not filed a suit , its some pundit who thinks he was born there. Reports state that statues were placed in mosque by ppl

If Ram Ji has no interest in raising a claim why is the pundit so critical to install idols why did the Ram ji did not create a miracle and move the mosque to different location while keeping every one happy ?

See these types of arguments like "Did Lord Ram ask the temple to be built" can be logically extended to all religions and specially to the Muslims like "Did Allah ask for a mosque there".These arguments are naive and childish and please dont indulge in these.

If the place is so important gov should allocate 150 million USD to muslims and they can build a new mosque in community away from the place and hindus can keep the whole place to themsleves

150 million..?!?!? Are they going to build a space ship to go to Mars.?

Cmon man.If they are ready for a mosque in 1/3 of the land allotted to them..Im all for it.

But the Waqf board wanting the whole land - sorry we dont agree to it.

In general there is no harm but to think that the mob that destroyed a history mosque is dancing and jumping around next door and you get 1/3 half of mosque is a joke

Gov of India's stance that NO we will not pay you for damages, and on top of that we will reward the hindu who destroyed the building , its worthy enough reason to sue gov of India in National courts and international courts

And what makes it so difficult for Pakistanis to understand that this is only a Title suit in a civil case on who gets the ownership and the punishment for those who razed down the mosque is a separate criminal case that is being pursued in a criminal court separately.?

Ok, so you've backed off from what you said earlier, now conveniently branding it "satire". Fine. No point going on further.

I am not saying this to you for the first time....Four pages back I have already said this to Bang Galore.And it is unfortunate that you could distinguish it back then

Im not backing from anything I said...My contention was only and always Babar was a foreign invader and should be only treated as such.

Very unfortunate, and very disingenious. If you think by asking about the proof of birth which is the basis for a case currently being decided in court, that I am insulting a religion, then you have run out of arguments and are now perched way, way out on a limb. Please also note the context in which I responded to the original poster - he was arguing a point of view which is offensive to others and is not 100% proven scientifically.

I was never in an argument with you on the claim of "existance of Lord Rama"....I questioned your callous wording and insensitivity of your statement that I quoted....

Even if the poster claims that the Babar destroyed a temple to build a mosque and that Aryan invasion theory is not proven...how was this offensive to Muslims? Why the attack on Hindu faith?

Secondly, I presented to you a similar case of scientific credibility wrt to Islamic faith and religion...where none exists....be it any religion of the book or Hindusim....so why pick on Hinduism? Because you can?

Was the one dissenting judgement (by a muslim judge, I believe) not indicative of the fact that it is *not* conclusively proven that Babar destroyed an existing temple to build this mosque?

Agreed

That is the whole basis of the argument which Advani used to inflame sentiments and start communal riots in which 900 people were killed. So it's ok to call into question 700 years of history, present your own version and then kill 900 people. But when someone asks you about proof for whether there is any basis in fact behind the insinuation that caused all the violence, you call it insulting a religion? Wonderful.

Well questioning the destruction of Babri Masjid is valid....as upheld by the court...
Questioning the birthplace of Lord Rama and his existance is NOT! Which is insulting to Hinduism....
Again...the court did rule the site to be Ram Janmabhoomi....

Regardless of your swipe, in this entire discussion, nowhere have I taken a tone which denegrates hinduism. I have no desire to do that. I respect all faiths. If you look at my interaction on this forum, 99.9% of all my criticism is directed at people of my own faith, mullahs etc

I appreciate that and we need more folks like you

I have mentioned what i found objectionable in the above.....

Now, coming to the issue at hand, the point is that in matters concerning ancient history, there is usually no 100% definitive scientific proof on the basis of which courts can make decisions

Now you're negating your own argument....
So since no conclusive evidence was provided to the effect that Babar destroyed a temple to build the mosque....are u conceeding that it is also possible that Babar could have destroyed a temple? (100% scientific proof does not exist)

This is all a farce. To revisit the "ownership deed" 700 years after the fact is a bloody farce. Let me say it again. A bloody farce. And it is being done *only* because of the involvement of a particularly virulent strain of right-winger. The same type that took pickaxes, crowbars and shovels and destroyed not only a cherished heritage site, but one that was holy to 1.5B people, one hundred and fifty million of whom, reside in India.

Again....I cannot stress how humiliating it is for a secular nation to have people that desecrate a holy site.....It is nothing more than a "dhabba" on Indian history.....

But then again...."ownership deed" as you put it belongs to Muslims as a result of an action that took place 700 years ago....ie. a foreign invader building a mosque on a land thus transferring ownership to muslims....
It is also a fact that Babur wasnt Indian....his descendents were.....so ownership can be questioned....
So one does have to look at the historical evidence of ownership....

Now I am hearing all sorts of apologist excuses... "oh there are two cases, the case regarding the demolition is still pending". Yeah, right. The court has grabbed 2/3rds of the land of the mosque which was demolished and they are still debating whether the demolition was "legal"? Does it take 18 years to determine whether a mob destroying a place of worship is "legal" or "illegal"? How is there any hope of fairplay now that it is IMPOSSIBLE to remedy the damage to the mosque since 2/3rd of the property on which it was built has been forcibly grabbed and GIVEN AWAY? There is no sense or logic, and yet apologists cling to this ridiculous argument.

The fact that it is a civil case and NOT criminal should speak volumes about the fact that THIS IS NOT TO PUNISH THE CRIMINALS OF THE BABRI DESTRUCTION.

Please show me where the court was ruling on whether the destruction of the temple was "legal" or "illegal".....again....this was a civil lawsuit on landownership....simple!

Further....the fact that landownership suit was file in 1949 negates your argument about the forceful landgrabbing post destruction as the issue existed well before that....

Anyway, apparently the courts in India believe they need to undo 700 years of history... let's see what the future holds.

Honestly...in the history of India....Temples, Mosques, Gurudwaras have been destroyed for various reasons.....most unjustified....
How much history are we going to cling to?
I'd rather opt for peace and harmony moving forward.....something we South Asians cant seem to do....something that this verdict aims to achieve!

Especially since the Mosque is destroyed and enough blood has been spilt already.....the only way is to move forward amicably.....no matter what we do, Babri Masjid cannot be brought back!

Last edited:
Oh I don't know... maybe because Gandhi was almost universally followed by the hindu community in India, was revered as "Baapu" and the vast, vast majority did not contest his views, and based on these views, circumstances were created that resulted in a bloody partition in which 2-5M people were killed. Maybe just because of that...

What a convoluted view of History!
Was it Gandhi that called for partition? Was it he who asked for Direct action?
Your argument falls flat since you forgot to take into account that it was Gandhi that was assasinated by Right wingers (also destroyed Babri Masjid).....and u claim were Gandhians?
Please show me how the Aryan Invasion theory led to partion.....

I request you to stop spreading misinformation!

As I have already said, going back in history - especially ancient history - and formulating arguments which are used to undo 700 year old ownership deeds is, at best, treading on shaky , dangerous ground. And at worst, playing to extremism. The fact that Gandhi presented a view to an adoring populace which cemented beliefs (embedded at the heart of the Aryan invasion theory, is the belief concerning Aryan supremacy) that resulted in a very ugly radicalization and a chain of events which convinced an ambassador of Hindu-Muslim unity such as Jinnah, that it was now impossible to coexist, is entirely relevant when you consider the long backstory that leads up to this court decision.

Please I am very interested in this historical evidence where Gandhi brainwashed Indians into buying the Aryan Invasion theory that led to partition.....

First I would like you to show me evidence of Gandhi being a radical Hindu...where he mentions his superiority as an Aryan....

Second....evidence of the reason for partition being the imposition of supremacist ideology of pre-partition (British Rule) hindus that supressed the muslims into demanding a seperate state....

How much history are we going to cling to?
I'd rather opt for peace and harmony moving forward.....something we South Asians cant seem to do....something that this verdict aims to achieve!

Especially since the Mosque is destroyed and enough blood has been spilt already.....the only way is to move forward amicably.....no matter what we do, Babri Masjid cannot be brought back!

That is the spirit of the court's verdict. It is not so much a judicial verdict as a compromise formula. The judges probably didn't want any bloodshed on their account.

what a joke by the largest demo(hypo)cracy!
even though born indian i have always face discrimination by the hindus on every walk.....we have to settle for megre jobs and lowly salaries..live in constant fear of being labelled a pakistani..a traitor..a terrorist....but my dear ppl i was never an indian persay...i was always a pakistani...........i dream to live in pakistan one day....dream of iqbal land of quaid......blood of sons lying under tanks...duas of mothers ....PAKISTAN ZINDABAD
May Pakistan live forever!!

even though born indian i have always face discrimination by the hindus on every walk.....we have to settle for megre jobs and lowly salaries..live in constant fear of being labelled a pakistani..a traitor..a terrorist....but my dear ppl i was never an indian persay...i was always a pakistani...........i dream to live in pakistan one day....dream of iqbal land of quaid......blood of sons lying under tanks...duas of mothers ....PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

Thank you but you are still in Pakistan's Second home London. So you should be happy na.. ?

And if you want to go pakistan, you can any time or any day. I hope you are sunni.

ic8ivk.jpg

UAE paper praises Ayodhya verdict

Dividing the Ayodhya disputed site among litigants was the only logical way out, said a United Arab Emirates (UAE) newspaper on Friday, commending the judgment by an Indian court. "After six decades, India's judiciary attempted to certify that the country's secular face remains unbroken with a long-awaited ruling on the Babri Masjid-Ram Janmabhoomi dispute," the Gulf News said editorially.

"In attempting to be fair, the three judges - two Hindus and one Muslim - from the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court delivered a three-part verdict which seemed to be inspired by three lines of logic - political, religious and legal.

"And the government pleaded for calm, patience and acceptance of the ruling," it said. "For one of the judges, who retires today, it turned out to be the most important verdict of his life,"

The judges ruled that the entire disputed land in Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh should be divided among the Sunni Waqf Board, Hindus and the Nirmohi Akhara, a Hindu sect.

"A pro-Hindu ruling could have damaged the Congress party's relations with India's Muslims, thus denting their secular image and also their vote bank," the paper said.

"A pro-Muslim verdict would have raised the possibility of communal violence as it would have threatened the Hindu groups at the site with eviction. This in turn would have boosted the prospects of the Bharatiya Janata Party," it said.

The third alternative, or a split, was the only logical option under the circumstances, the paper said.

"India has travelled a long way since that fateful day in 1992 when the Babri Masjid was demolished by Hindu fundamentalists, triggering some of the worst communal riots," it said. "That should never be repeated."

UAE paper praises Ayodhya verdict - Hindustan Times

:cheers::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom