What's new

AVIC Presents FC-31 Stealth Fighter model to Pakistan Air Force Chief.

Or autonomous mini-drones. The pilot could direct the swarm of 40-50 autonomous swarming drones with a small explosive charge to target air-defense radars or ground forces picked up by the ESM and EO equipment found on the host aircraft (in your case the J-31). The ball has already begun rolling, its only a matter of time.

This aircraft opens up a whole different dimension of combat capabilities to PAF. Welcome to 5th gen.

This is awesome. Even if you don't strike the enemy targets, the swarming UAVs are going to overwhelm the EAD networks.

RD-33 is only for PT testing. China is developing a 100KN medium thrust engine.

Really, I hope so. Then that's great.

We have notice that J-31 has some very weak spots and need to upgrade it, I think our Air Chief and engineers will provide different version of J-31 with different design and looks than current CGI/models.

4-5 billion should suffice for 2 squadrons.

sir that is not possible, you are ignoring the on going program of jf-17, that will require 2 billion for 100 jets in next 5 years, and you have to set aside for other programs(transport, trainers, special mission aircrafts) but one squadron can be possible given the plane cost in 70-80 mil range, 1 squadron will make you at par with IAF by 2020-22.

2020-2022. By that time our defense budget will be in excess of 50 Billion dollars / fiscal cycle (5 year term). My guess is that PAF will seek 36 units to begin with ( 18X2 = 36 = 2 Squadrons ) then depending on its utility might place another order. The best news is that PAF plans to integrate Link-16 and Sensor Fusion developed for J-20 into our JF-17 fleet. In other words they are looking at across the board network centric capabilities backed by our AWACs, AESA ground radars and a multi layered SAM system we are slowly building up. PAF is not focusing on building huge numbers but on having up to 400 advanced jets which are fully capable of fighting as a swarm in a network centric warfare setting. To give you an example the best feature of JAS-39 Gripen-D aka Gripen NG is its netcentricity. A small formation of Gripen -NGs can communicate and share data with each other which allows them to fight as a team against a larger enemy force.

Do tell what is gonna happen that suddenly your Defense budget will swell to north of 50 billion dollars

Pakistan is one of the most corrupt country along with india bungladesh and afghan.

But what's commendable is how they keep the corruption out of defence procurement.

India on the other hand don't spare even national integrity. Defence is most corrupt sector.

Lesson to be learnt and execute.

Congrats to pak great investment for national security fc31. It's timely decision and with modern procurement of ucav.

It's not a matter of its indigenous or not they name and paint it Pakistani or not. What matters is Pakistan have jets ready to defend when the time comes. Their need and economy is not big enough to go for defence equipment development and research. But their decision maker are taking smartest decision within their limit.

Pakistan is one of the most corrupt country along with india bungladesh and afghan.

But what's commendable is how they keep the corruption out of defence procurement.

India on the other hand don't spare even national integrity. Defence is most corrupt sector.

Lesson to be learnt and execute.

Congrats to pak great investment for national security fc31. It's timely decision and with modern procurement of ucav.

It's not a matter of its indigenous or not they name and paint it Pakistani or not. What matters is Pakistan have jets ready to defend when the time comes. Their need and economy is not big enough to go for defence equipment development and research. But their decision maker are taking smartest decision within their limit.
You think there is no corruption in defense procurment in a country where govt. works for the army ?
That is cute.

PAF can fly over New Delhi stealthy then

and the time pigs could fly over the sky...

first let the jet role down and start inducting. . it's been 3 years.. since that time there only 50 Jf 17 in PAF inventory. almost everyone argued there will be 150 to 200 JF 17 will be there by 2016..

first let the jet role down and start inducting. . it's been 3 years.. since that time there only 50 Jf 17 in PAF inventory. almost everyone argued there will be 150 to 200 JF 17 will be there by 2016..

flying over Delhi is not some super natural task ... in any future conflict this will be happening anyway ...

sir that is not possible, you are ignoring the on going program of jf-17, that will require 2 billion for 100 jets in next 5 years, and you have to set aside for other programs(transport, trainers, special mission aircrafts) but one squadron can be possible given the plane cost in 70-80 mil range, 1 squadron will make you at par with IAF by 2020-22.
The reset would be offset by China because they have to secure the Pakistan China Corridor.

Hey Guys!

First post in PDF, random google search bought me here and and have spent last few hours exploring. I am really amazed by the wealth of information available out here to which most folks i know have no inkling of.

I was just curious about couple of things;

1. I have read in news reports that Rafale jets will cost approx 150 Mil USD to 200 Mil USD with support and ammunition extra that too with Dassault offering India the Jets at the same costing they supply it to French and was wondering that how J-31 being an advanced 5th Gen Fighter with obvious improvements over Rafale has managed to keep its costs down to mere 70 - 80 mil USD.

2. I haven't been able to figure out how J-31 being similar in design (from the pics i have seen) to F-35 compares to Sukhoi T-50 and has there been any indications of cost of export version of Sukhoi t-50.

Congrats for sealing the deal on what looks to be one hell of a jet.

PAF is copying slow progress and procurement rate of Rafale & Tejas, as PAF have low budget

A source told me raw member still easily fly over Pakistan and drop in to country OAS in when they want.
flying over Delhi is not some super natural task ... in any future conflict this will be happening anyway ...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom