What's new

AVIC Presents FC-31 Stealth Fighter model to Pakistan Air Force Chief.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mr Li Yuhai Executive Vice President of AVIC presents FC-31 model visiting Pakistani CAS Air Marshal Suhail Aman.

@Rafi - @Windjammer - @Hyperion :D

J-31.jpg

Some cool images of the mock up and CGI.

14t5407.jpg
000608b01oyi3brbbnp0s2.jpg.thumb.jpg
11356_675031282595967_7027202320228180051_n.jpg
183458t41dwr7oz4idob1d.jpg.thumb.jpg
20141112113148727.jpg

iuhihih.jpg
j31back.jpg

@Horus What timeframe do you think PAF would take the J-31 into squadron service?

@Horus What timeframe do you think PAF would take the J-31 into squadron service?

2020-2022. By that time our defense budget will be in excess of 50 Billion dollars / fiscal cycle (5 year term). My guess is that PAF will seek 36 units to begin with ( 18X2 = 36 = 2 Squadrons ) then depending on its utility might place another order. The best news is that PAF plans to integrate Link-16 and Sensor Fusion developed for J-20 into our JF-17 fleet. In other words they are looking at across the board network centric capabilities backed by our AWACs, AESA ground radars and a multi layered SAM system we are slowly building up. PAF is not focusing on building huge numbers but on having up to 400 advanced jets which are fully capable of fighting as a swarm in a network centric warfare setting. To give you an example the best feature of JAS-39 Gripen-D aka Gripen NG is its netcentricity. A small formation of Gripen -NGs can communicate and share data with each other which allows them to fight as a team against a larger enemy force.

its probably a confirmation that PAF want to skip J-10 and focus on thunders and falcons. from economical point of view its a good decision.
i think PAF will try to acquire a squadron or so of f-16 when and if they are available along with its thunders.
however PAF should acquire at least 3-4 squadrons of F-31 as india will be going for 8 squardons atleast

I like this Cool CGI - Bigger and Stealthy

file.php

mbdtE.jpg

Now look at this on real models

%2BChinese%2BFC-31J-31Shen%2BFei%2B(Falcon%2BEagle)%2BStealth%2B5th%2BFighter%2BAircraft%2Bdemonstration%2Bits%2Bcapabilities%2Bat%2BChina%2BInternational%2BAviation%2B%26%2BAerospace%2BExhibition%2B2014%2B(Airshow%2BChina%2B2014).%2B%2B(5).jpg

%2BChinese%2BFC-31J-31Shen%2BFei%2B(Falcon%2BEagle)%2BStealth%2B5th%2BFighter%2BAircraft%2Bdemonstration%2Bits%2Bcapabilities%2Bat%2BChina%2BInternational%2BAviation%2B%26%2BAerospace%2BExhibition%2B2014%2B(Airshow%2BChina%2B2014).%2B%2B(4).jpg

20141111061557399.jpg

Are they same or differences compared to CGI?

J-31 look like very small than I thought, I hope engineers will re-design again and everything else.

Speaking to a senior officer today regarding some publicity material, i inquired if there was any news from China and mentioned the subject, he replied with a surprised laughter and excused that since he's not with delegation hence he can't comment. !!

My understanding of the J31 is that it is being made by a private chinese company but as J20 is chinas main 5th gen jet

The J31 producers need a sale

I think this would be a outstanding jet for us especially since i forsee alot of involvement in the ongoing development which I am hearing will also affect development of JF17 block 3 in positive way

We need to be able to hurt india and hurt them bad

2020-2022. By that time our defense budget will be in excess of 50 Billion dollars / fiscal cycle (5 year term). My guess is that PAF will seek 36 units to begin with ( 18X2 = 36 = 2 Squadrons ) then depending on its utility might place another order. The best news is that PAF plans to integrate Link-16 and Sensor Fusion developed for J-20 into our JF-17 fleet. In other words they are looking at across the board network centric capabilities backed by our AWACs, AESA ground radars and a multi layered SAM system we are slowly building up. PAF is not focusing on building huge numbers but on having up to 400 advanced jets which are fully capable of fighting as a swarm in a network centric warfare setting. To give you an example the best feature of JAS-39 Gripen-D aka Gripen NG is its netcentricity. A small formation of Gripen -NGs can communicate and share data with each other which allows them to fight as a team against a larger enemy force.

$50 billion is in no way possible, either you will have to do hyper inflation, or you have to divert most of public spending to defence, both of which is impossible, so you are wrong in this assumption.

two interesting questions.
will china induct j-31?
and will they develop ws-13 or will they stick to rd-93/33?

so far it seems china will induct it as j-20 alone isnt enough for China's fifth gen aspirations. this also means that they will focus on ws-13

Speaking to a senior officer today regarding some publicity material, i inquired if there was any news from China and mentioned the subject, he replied with a surprised laughter and excused that since he's not with delegation hence he can't comment. !!
Hehehehe $1.6 billion budget hai PAF ka is saal. Hansain nahi tou kia karain. :D

Back
Top Bottom