What's new

Aviation Helmet Designs & Helmet Mounted Systems

HGU-55 or 56
257384_10150219006502417_531027416_7136087_4951932_o.jpg

This is not a pilot helmet...

roof_boxer.jpg

But the Roof Boxer is modeled after the pilot helmet and is what I wear when I ride.

most of the attatchements of hms/hmd in my first post have dissapeared , so first post has been updated e fresh pictures of the helmet mounted display / sight --

this thread was primarily started to post info and photos of ''this technology'' [and thus the original name of the thread - Helmet Mounted Sights and Displays] and is not intended for the general photos of helmets

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

Without any doubt the most important HMD in the development pipeline is the JHMCS, intended as a tri-service design for use by the USAF, USN and USMC on a wide range of tactical aircraft. At the time of writing the JHMCS was to be used on the F-15, F-16, F-18 and F-22.

The JHMCS can best be described as the offspring of the DASH III and the Kaiser Agile Eye and VCATS HMDs, and is under development by Vision Systems International, a company jointly owned by EFW/Elbit and Kaiser. VSI is at this time responsible for all three HMD designs.

Unlike the embedded DASH, the JHMCS is a clip-on package, which can be latched into position with one hand in flight, on a modified HGU-55/P, HGU-56/P or HGU-68/P helmet. The JHMCS is a much more advanced design than the DASH, and builds on the collective technology base of Elbit and Kaiser. It employs a newer, much faster digital processing package, but retains the same style of electromagnetic position sensing as the older DASH does. The CRT package is more capable, but remains limited to monochrome presentation of calligraphic symbology. While the manufacturers have declined to comment, it would appear that the JHMCS will provide support for raster scanned imagery to display FLIR/IRS&T pictures for operations in poor visibility or at night. The photograph of the helmet separated from the Display Unit clearly illustrates the hihg voltage coaxial and discrete/serial connections via the umbilical, which is embedded in the helmet. Unlike the DASH series, the high voltage supply is not embedded in the helmet and feeds up via the umbilical, through a quick disconnect inline high voltage rated connector. An attachment is provided to allow a NVG package to be clipped on during flight. The JHMCS will provide a 20 degree FoV for the right eye, with an 18 mm exit pupil.

It is expected that the JHMCS will be in production shortly after the year 2000, and will be supplied first to units intended to deploy the high off-boresight capable AIM-9X missile.

Helmet Mounted Sights and Displays

Zh-10
Helmet for Russian a stealth of the fifth generation of PAK FА
//paralay.iboards.ru/viewtopic.php?style=12&p=159049

If to whom interesting that I a fashion to give the reference to an album on Russian flight ammunition.
http: //files.mail.ru/YLXNZ1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom