What's new

Average IQ by Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
East Asians were the lowest on all development indicators till a few decades back[/B]. Things can and do change when nations develop.

When was this? India gained its independence in late 1940's. Are you comparing after of before that period?

This kind of topic is always pointless. People will just be defensive and twist facts, apply various logic. Nobody would be happy to be called stupid. If IQ is hereditary, there is nothing much to gain from discussing IQ. In the end, it's better to remain silent on IQ issue.

When was this? India gained its independence in late 1940's. Are you comparing after of before that period?

As I said, I am talking about the period till the 1970s when the smaller "Asian tigers" started growing rapidly.

Till then they were behind South Asia (and most of the world, except possibly parts of Africa) in most parameters like economy, industrialization, poverty, human development etc.

China had a smaller economy than India till as recently as 1986. They crossed India in 1987. The difference has become large only in the last 1-2 decades.

Historical_top_10_nominal_GDP_proportion.svg

It can change again.

India has historically had a share of 20%-25% of the world's economy. China about the same.

gdp11.png

Also, let me repeat.

Exceptional economic growth since 1970 drove a world-leading doubling of the region’s average HDI value from 0.36 in 1970 to 0.71 in 2010.

Yes, since 1970s East Asia has done better in development.

Very similar societies have performed very differently in recent history. E.g. North and South Korea, East and West Germany etc. One should try to understand the broader factors at work here.

How did they calculate economies in 1 AD? What areas did India consist of at that time? Did "India" include all Indian subcontinent like area now known as Pakistan and Bangladesh?

Also how did they calculate China's economy in 1950-70s when China was basically sealed from the outside world. Plus, lots of goods and services were free under planned economy at that time, so were they calculated in the GDP, if so, how were they valued? In fact, the service industry in China is still underestimated/undercalculated.

Figures pulled from somewhere are not convincing unless backed by good explanations and solid facts.

dear god...many Chinese in here are borderline racists .. may god bless them with some sanity

@Star Wars mate dont do that...In pdf a chinese member can make racist comments and get away ,while and Indian member can get banned for pointing out their racism(my personal experience)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Star Wars mate dont do that...In pdf a chinese member can make racist comments and get away ,while and Indian member can get banned for pointing out their racism(my personal experience)

One has to point out racism where there is one..... that is how a community changes for the better ....

How did they calculate economies in 1 AD? What areas did India consist of at that time? Did "India" include all Indian subcontinent like area now known as Pakistan and Bangladesh?

Also how did they calculate China's economy in 1950-70s when China was basically sealed from the outside world. Plus, lots of goods and services were free under planned economy at that time, so were they calculated in the GDP, if so, how were they valued? In fact, the service industry in China is still underestimated/undercalculated.

Figures pulled from somewhere are not convincing unless backed by good explanations and solid facts.

These are guesstimates wherever actual figures were not available.

And they would likely have taken the countries' current borders in most cases. China has been divided into several empires over a period.

The concept of a "country" with relatively fixed borders is a comparatively new concept. Earlier you had more fluid empires with changing borders.

Yes, they should be taken as indicative only, not as a literal truth.

See, most of us have nothing against China as a country or the Chinese as a people, in fact we are happy for them coming out of crushing poverty as we hope to eliminate our own mass poverty in a decade or two.

For some of the racist scum (that is funny actually coming to think of it, they are a victim of racism themselves), I have the following message.

Yes, the petty jealous people should be kept happy. After all the white man bound them, measured their anthropology and also told them that their IQ was 105.

The petty little people may not know where this organ called "IQ" sits, it has not prevented that stupid smirk to be permanently pasted on their stupid faces ever since.

I apologize to the sober Chinese members to have to use this.

Is the same context applicable in case of a Sino-Indian conflict?

I never found any. :cry:

hmmmm, to come think of it what you say might be true, taking the example of China here.

Two provinces of Chinese territory which were disconnected from the mainland namely Taiwan and Hong Kong could have been the n 1-2% approx of the highest of IQ breed among China say about 120, and is possibly the reason why they achieved prosperity many years prior to main land China, even today it may take mainland China several years to achieve those living standards all over the nation. :)

I guess the racism of Hong Kongers against mainland Chinese (by calling them as locusts) is a manifestation of higher IQ of Hong Kongers over their mainland counter parts. :)

No, you are just throwing at random factoids. The IQ in Taiwan and Hong Kong are within 2 points of the average Chinese IQ (which is 105).

China's average IQ, as well as Korean and Japanese, are higher than any other country on Earth. None of them need to separate because the facts clearly show that they are the most intelligent people on the planet.

If you know how to read such scientific studies, here you go: https://lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/intelligence-a-unifying-construct-for-the-social-sciences-richard-lynn-and-tatu-vanhanen.pdf

Sorry, but there is no "EQ”, which is merely a neo-liberal politically correct “invention”, inserted forcefully into the scientific field of human intelligence.

I agree with you that EQ can not yet be measured objectively since we don't have an objective definition of emotional intelligence. I also agree that the whole issue is hopelessly polluted with political correctness.

However, I still maintain that "people skills" are on par with IQ skills; you can be coached on them, just as you can take classes in calculus, but some people have superior innate ability, just as some people have an innate ability for specific sports.

As for the evolutionary value of either intelligence, you can say that "life is unfair", but evolution is blind: it has no concept of fair or unfair, superior or inferior. All that matter is who survives, regardless of how they do it.

IQ exist every where but the country utilize its IQ have always leading those who create man and sand abroad only creating Man power army for other countries...

Why ISRAEL , America, China are too successful...???
Think about it...

in all my time lurking here, I noticed that happens a lot. A specific few who make very disgusting racist type comments.

No, you are just throwing at random factoids. The IQ in Taiwan and Hong Kong are within 2 points of the average Chinese IQ (which is 105).

China's average IQ, as well as Korean and Japanese, are higher than any other country on Earth. None of them need to separate because the facts clearly show that they are the most intelligent people on the planet.

If you know how to read such scientific studies, here you go: https://lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/intelligence-a-unifying-construct-for-the-social-sciences-richard-lynn-and-tatu-vanhanen.pdf

Hey! i was just asserting your point by stating stuff i perceived, thats all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom