What's new

Australia to return dancing Shiva statue

If they used gods and goddesses' names then most probably they meant the Hindu god Shiva......but Shiva is not female......they might have got confused by the long hair of Shiva...LOL

ofcourse they meant the Hindu god Shiva duh, that's why i'm saying it's strange for Japanese to turn Lord Shiva into Goddess Shiva.
While other Gods have the correct gender except Shiva, that's why i'm asking. I don't think the Japs were confused because of the long hair, anyway it's strange to me why they switch gender.

It's kinda of an insult to the Indian God to be honest

Do they say it is the Hindu god Shiva??.....it can be used only as a name you know....

A few characters are clearly inspired by Hindu mythology and although they derive their names and characteristics in some part, they are not portrayed as Gods.

On topic: Very good development. About time a few such stolen idols were returned to their rightful homes.

ofcourse they meant the Hindu god Shiva duh, that's why i'm saying it's strange for Japanese to turn Lord Shiva into Goddess Shiva.
While other Gods have the correct gender except Shiva, that's why i'm asking. I don't think the Japs were confused because of the long hair, anyway it's strange to me why they switch gender.

It may not be an intentional insult......let me explain.....
Japanese are mostly Buddhists and Buddhism is an offshoot of Hinduism....therefore, some beliefs,concepts, practices of Hinduism can be found in Buddhism too...but as Buddhism spread rapidly throughout the eastern part of the globe, it got mixed with the local beliefs, customs, traditions etc. and the 'original' teachings of Buddhism got somewhat changed(in some cases the change is drastic)....
Let me give you an example, few months back I was watching a documentary on....probably Discovery or History channel on Thailand..........there they showed how Thailand's Buddhist Monks performed some rituals on their followers........
Now, the rituals were supposed to be Buddhists but since I am a Hindu I could understand that they were part of Hinduism actually....and believe it or not, they literally turned devil into god and viceversa....the Monks were drawing tatoos on the followers(which is supposed to protect them from evil) in the name of Gods which they called Lahu, ketu-the Moon god, BUT according to Hindu mythology, Rahu(not Lahu) is a devil(asura/danava) and ketu(Rahu's body)......and he is hostile towards Moon which is regarded as a god......LOL

Last edited:
Still that does not explain the mixed up gender issue. The Japs does research of foreign mythology beings before making the game, some come from Nordic, some from Arabia, some from Hindu or from Greek. Well only Konami would know why they have this gender mixed up

i meant square soft the game developer instead konami

:agree::agree:......in short.....cycle of destruction and creation........isn't it?

dont expect such falafel wraps for complicated concepts.

i find it insulting that ur mental maturity is not enough to post relevant stuff in this thread and that i have to read it.

Another moron who created this video

dont expect such falafel wraps for complicated concepts.

i find it insulting that ur mental maturity is not enough to post relevant stuff in this thread and that i have to read it.
And how is a dancing Shiva relevant to world affair?

Kinda awkward why the Japanese portrait Shiva as a female in their Final Fantasy games
those are just names.................as you can see there are other characters such as shivar,shivan
its has got nothing to do with Lord Shiva

btw the ardhanareshwar form of Lord Shiva depicts both the genders
here is a pic
220px-Shakta_Ardhanari.jpg

lets dont make this off topic

on topic.....this is gud news,we will be getting back our Nataraj Statue

:agree::agree:......in short.....cycle of destruction and creation........isn't it?

Yup. The Lord of DAnce with dances with his ruthless form to destroy and create new from the destruction. Same principle in the formation of the earth and galaxies. They were pretty impressed it was mentioned in Hindu Texts 1000's of years before. So for good luck and Charm they wanted and installed this Natraja Statue.
Well Lord Shiva did bring them luck and results :D

If they use gods and goddesses' names then most probably they meant the Hindu god Shiva......but Shiva is not female......they might have got confused by the long hair of Shiva...LOL
the translation in chinese Shiva is 湿婆(wet grandmother)
many chinese think shiva is female because the weird translation

Back
Top Bottom