What's new

Athens to bolster defense capabilities with two French frigates

@Dante80 The afp confirmed France will lease two frigates to the Hellenic Navy. Fotis Kouvelis,deputy minister of national defence confirmed Greece was still in talks with France to buy two frigates. (Presumably,the Belh@rra.)

Thanks for that. Given the cost of the Belh@rra platform, as well as our pretty dire economics, I think that a 2(+2) ship solution would be more probable too. Moreover, dBSPLs' comment on the La Fayette class is very apt. https://defence.pk/pdf/members/dbspl.189092/

Thanks for that. Given the cost of the Belh@rra platform, as well as our pretty dire economics, I think that a 2(+2) ship solution would be more probable too. Moreover, dBSPLs' comment on the La Fayette class is very apt.

DCNS..... pardon my French,Naval Group (!) claims the Belh@rra will have capacities that are almost identical to those of the FREMM,while being smaller and 20% less costly. For ten operational performances out of sixteen,the Belh@rra has the advantage over the FREMM it is claimed. As pointed out,it is a modular platform that can be modified and configured to meet the customer's needs and requirements. That would be a good choice for Greece.

PS : Still waiting a statement from the French Navy,but given the silence we can assume everyone were victims of heart attacks and cardiac arrests. :enjoy:

DCNS..... pardon my French,Naval Group (!) claims the Belh@rra will have capacities that are almost identical to those of the FREMM,while being smaller and 20% less costly. For ten operational performances out of sixteen,the Belh@rra has the advantage over the FREMM it is claimed. As pointed out,it is a modular platform that can be modified and configured to meet the customer's needs and requirements. That would be a good choice for Greece.

They is certainly an intriguing, modern design. I think that the amount of input and changes the HN can realistically give to the project will depend on the economics at hand. If 2 ships are procured, they may be changed to be more compatible with our needs (RAM, 40mm cannons with 3P, 16xA70VLS). If more, they will probably be much closer to the French configuration.

PS : Still waiting a statement from the French Navy,but given the silence we can assume everyone were victims of heart attacks and cardiac arrests. :enjoy:

I really wouldn't want to be any French Admirals' adjutant right now...

They is certainly an intriguing, modern design. I think that the amount of input and changes the HN can realistically give to the project will depend on the economics at hand. If 2 ships are procured, they may be changed to be more compatible with our needs (RAM, 40mm cannons with 3P, 16xA70VLS). If more, they will probably be much closer to the French configuration.

I really wouldn't want to be any French Admirals' adjutant right now...

The French armed forces minister Florence Parly has denied the lease of two FREMMs to Greece,saying it isn't timely,but added "we are at the disposal of our Greek friends to continue working even more closely". So we must wonder if this is fake news or premature announcement ? Wait&see.

Even If those are fake news spreaded by Greeks, It is going to boost ongoing ambitious attacking Naval projects. Subsonic anti-ship missile called Atmaca(250km), Supersonic anti-ship missile project, Short range Anti-ship missile called Temren(18km/30km), Ship/Land based long range land attack cruise missile called Gezgin (800km/1400km). In following period, we will put those in front of your eyes as a response to European support for Greeks thessis in Aegean to drive Greks into a new desperation process for next financial collapse.

Back
Top Bottom