What's new

Atak T129, M1 and M2

Turkey is good. They are our brothers and we can learn a lot from them. If Turkey doesn't buy Pakistani goods then it is because we have to improve them. Not because it is Pakistani. And Turkey is far ahead in developments.

No! Pakistan shouldn't purchase all of these including T129! Why would Pakistan purchase it?

Turkey should try to buy from Pakistan including JF-17, AlKhalid, many advanced machines, let's see from Turkish side.

Simple answer is Reject from Turkey (NATO)

Turkey is a lot more advanced than Pakistan. They are a member of the JSF program and licensed to produce F-16s. Those are just two examples.

What makes you think they'll go for the JF-17 and the AK?

Turkey is a reliable supplier nonetheless.

Thank you all for replies :) I will delete this topic and i'll open new topic Z-10 or T-129 ^^ Nobody liked rifles :D

It seems that some of us love to "Brand" countries more than the other side and put them in "identifiable" boxes based upon our misguided likes and dislikes. The latest rave is China -- every thing else is no- no!!!!

Turkey has been a source of many things, overtly and covertly, for Pakistan during tough times. Wonder why the f-16 were flying during embargo days??? We produced some of the spares in country--wonder where the help came from???

Wonder how we produced depleted Uranium Shells?? Some of the expertise came from Israel and we jointly worked on it with them. The conduit to actual exchange was our brother in the west -- yes you guessed it. Now Pakistan is only among a handful of countries that do produce these shells and have a handle on this technology.

Some of the projects that we can immensely benefit from Turkey and vice versa are:

T129 Attack Helo
MLU capability/F-16 Systems
Panter Howitzer
Altay Sub systems/Al Khalid sub systems
Upgrade of M113
Armored Cars/MRAP's
MRP type missile platforms
Combat Information and Management Systems for the Navy......

The list is long and the technology genre is some times ahead of the technology from our brothers in the east.

Let us be pragmatic for a change and realize what is in our interest and stop swallowing the garbage spewed out by our electronic and print "Yellow" and Biased Journalism with vested interests.

NATO or no NATO, we should continue with our trade and defense links with Turkey. And while we are doing this, we might end up learn to become a more broader visioned country and a nation that we are today.

Pakistan should Go for ATAK 129 because we currently lack in good gunships in quality as well as in quantity. ATAK is a good option for Pakistan to be stick with..
i dont think we should go for atak 129 we also have other options like chinese
z 19
z10

i dont think we should go for atak 129 we also have other options like chinese
z 19
z10

I heard that the WZ-10 uses a Canadian engine. That can be problematic! As far as combat helicopters go, China is not that good at it compared to their Russian or Western counterparts at the moment.

If you want something quick, reliable, insuring a path to self sufficiency, and other important factors, the Atak T-129 is a valid option for Pakistan.

Thank you all for replies :) I will delete this topic and i'll open new topic Z-10 or T-129 ^^ Nobody liked rifles :D

Cardesh, I like them very much. The problem for pakistan is the number (huge army) and the related costs. Pakistan has already H&K background so it should be able to make some. Maybe together with Turkye. And the rifles are not the major issue cause it has already multiple and even modern rifles.

The Pakistani issue is fighterjets (UAV included), tanks and naval assets. And they are looking for good tech and TOT.

The issue of a new Individual Weapon for PA is a complex one as it requires two things to be done simultaneously; choose a weapon and choose the cartridge size.

The complexities revolves around the following:

Time required for delivery/production time for both the weapon and ammo.
Training cycles required to bring individual soldier to qualify on the new weapon.
Supply and logistics for the new cartridge.
Commercial agreement to Manufacture the Weapon and cartridge.
Retooling cost of POF WAH etc.
The decision to arm which units first specially in a time like now when half the army is fighting WoT.
Above all, the cost of acquisition, induction (Training -- enhanced ammo consumption for qualification on the new weapon), and stocking and de-stocking of the new and the old cartridge.

It is not as easy it seems. I have just touched the tip of the iceberg here. The re-training of armorer's in units alone will take considerable time.

Sir, I would recommend you to request Turkey (NATO) to purchase from Pakistan sides, in which Turkey never did. All they do is advertising military stuffs here in which we must avoid it.

**NATO killed Pakistan army and soldiers, you know it.

Bhai sahib, Turkey offers Pakistan nothing less than quality, of course if it is offered to Pakistan and Pakistan purchases it, it should have met Pakistan's requirements for Induction. Turkey has a relatively more mature Defence Industry, More Money to pour in Development and the quality is nothing short of 1st class mostly. Here is a little glimpse of expertise of TAI
In total TAİ has assembled 278 F-16s since it first began operations in 1987. During production, 29 planes were produced with no mistakes and three of them were considered “perfect.” Considering that only nine F-16 planes are produced as perfect out of 4,000 fighter jets in the world, Turkey’s success is conspicuous.

i can ask the same question to u why atak 129

While I never said that we should not go the Chinese route, my answer to your retort is:

Maybe because the pedigree of T129 is based upon AugustaWestland A129 which has a combined research and production experience of overy 80 years behind it. The original designer/manufacturer of the helo has over ten indigenous designs to its credit including engines. Coupled this with access to latest European and US/UK/Polish research and components, both Turkey and Italy are in a unique postion to enance the capabilties of their machine instead of waiting to reverse engineer late seventies technology most of the time.

Does it answer your question???

BTW if you do have an opinion and would like to voice it on the forum than be prepared to back your argument when challeneged (Challenged -not in the negative sense at all). This promotes exchange of not only views but the very basis of those views. This in turn helps promote knowledge sharing amongst the memders.

Back
Top Bottom