What's new

ASUS' mobile devices will ship with built-in ad blocking

khanboy007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ad blocking is now easy to find on just about every device you own, but it's rarely included from the get-go. However, ASUS aims to change that. As of early 2016, all of the company's web-capable mobile devices will ship with AdBlock Plus not only included with the company's proprietary browser, but switched on by default. If you tend to visit sites with intrusive ads, you won't have to lift a finger to get rid of most promos.

The impact on the ad-supported web may be limited. ASUS' browser has 'just' 15 million users versus the hundreds of millions running alternatives, and the policy won't do much if you're the sort who immediately switches to Chrome or Firefox whenever you get a new gadget. Still, it's a watershed moment -- there will soon be many people surfing the web who didn't even realize that they were missing ads.

-------------------------------------

ASUS' mobile devices will ship with built-in ad blocking

-------------------------------------

other articles

Taking into account the prevalence of adds, because their spread can very well be compared to a plague at this point, the news that ASUS devices will benefit from AdBlock Plus in 2016 is beneficial to say the least. Even the animated comedy show South Park tackled the current ad problem we are facing.

The idea of blocking adds is extremely controversial because of the possibility that by spreading this type of advertisement blocking, it will eventually bring forth required payments in order to view content. Youtube and Youtube content creators, in particular, advise users to pause AdBlock when viewing videos in order to minimize the impact on their monthly revenue.

But the problem of malicious ads that infect your PC or other similar devices with malware and viruses still remains. This is why AdBlock Plus permits its users to allow certain adds to still appear, even when it is not paused. This feature is made capable through a revision towards its acceptable adds policy.

Every ASUS product that will be launched next year and following years as well will have built-in AdBlock Plus in their devices’ browsers. Although its user base is fairly low at this point, with only around 15 million users worldwide, this adblocking pre-built inclusion may become a common feature in other products as well.

It is not clear if this will be beneficial for users on a long-term period. Truthfully, no one likes being spammed by countless pop-up ads while attempting to view a website page, but users have to keep in mind that by doing this, companies are able to get a steady source of income. What is even more troublesome when talking about adds is their large number on just one page. If your device doesn’t really have a good web-browsing performance, pages will take up to two minutes to load, because, besides the page, around 6 or 7 adds are being loaded at the same time as well.

If the trend of ad blocking becomes common in device manufacturers, advertisement and media companies will have to evolve at an extremely rapid rate in order to circumvent the revenue effects caused by the aforementioned trend. Some small companies even require adds in order to keep functioning in the current markets. Free programs and games might disappear in the near future if ad blocking becomes a serious problem.

Even if ASUS devices will benefit from AdBlock Plus in 2016, the impact will not be clearly seen immediately. Only if more companies will adopt this method of manufacturing will there be a much larger problem. Although most Google and Mozilla users have already installed an adblocking software, by removing the necessity of searching for one and installing it, these apps’ userbase may be facing a staggering increase in the following years. If this will be beneficial or not, on both short and long terms, only time will tell. It all depends on the backlash from advertising and media sectors.

--------------------------------------

Asus Mobile Browser Offer Adblock Plus as Default | Times Gazette

google wont be happy with them.
yahoo wont let you access your email unless you dont have your adblocker switich off.
i use adguard it has a whitelist so i can see adds from certain sites.that are helpfull and provide a free and full service. pdf included. i see adds where i can meet single muslim women near my area.:p:

Last edited:
That is why I love Apple since is pro-privacy and anti-ads. Why do I want to see idiotic ads on my personal device :)

apple has nothing to lose where as google does
Yeah that is conflict of interest since Google earns by ads and selling data to govt and private sectors and for these reason we should find alternatives to google products.

Back
Top Bottom