What's new

Ask your question about Iran

I was actually studying, and checking here time to time as an excuse for giving a break.

I see that it is about to turn into another flame fest...

yeah but what else is new, should you be surprised? :meeting:

Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan all had better times back then. Hopefully we will rise again to even newer heights.

peaceful days, no pollution, no chaos, no politics, people were modern and progressive minded....in fact, extremist/mullah types were seen as the most corrupt and the most backwards

a "good time" meant going for walk, or picnic outside.....borders between these nations were safe, the borders themselves were hardly even guarded the way they are now

i always say -- i was born in the wrong era :D

the 1950s and 60s were a lot cooler

Punjabi is like a ghetto versian of urdu for my ears :D. Listening to people curse in punjabi is epic hilarious.

peaceful days, no pollution, no chaos, no politics, people were modern and progressive minded....in fact, extremist/mullah types were seen as the most corrupt and the most backwards

a "good time" meant going for walk, or picnic outside.....borders between these nations were safe, the borders themselves were hardly even guarded the way they are now

Extremism is an ugly disease. Wether it be religious, nationalistic or whatever. However the downfall of these 3 countries has all been religious extremism.

well, their ancestors came from Persia and other parts of Central Asia. Now mostly nestled in Afghan-Pakistan region. Some refer to them as Pakhtuns but in reality their native language is a dialect of Farsi.

the word "qizil" in Turkish means red and "bash" refers to the head....literally -- red-head, though I've met Qizilbashis who are fair but not red-headed. I guess over time genetics evolved.

good people....hard-working

The term "Qızılbaş" is not connected to any of that. This name was given to Turkoman tribes from Azerbaijan and Anatolia who were the followers of Safavid Sheikhs and wore a red headgear, and the name comes from that. It was actually introduced by Sheikh Haydar, Shah Ismail's father.

As for the "Qizilbash" people in Afghanistan, they are tribes such as Afshar and Bayat that settled there with Nader Shah. They are of Azerbaijani origin.

I am also a political science student, just finished Plato's Republic. I am currently reading Hitlers book. Lol

Back
Top Bottom