What's new

ask me any thing ,crypto currencies / finance / !

Hm got it.
BTW, after what happened to Quadriga, will you still recommend investing in crypto market?

there are 200 bank branches in lahore of all banks.

lets say one lone branch at ferozpur road at lahore outskirts gets robbed of 50 million .

does that crash the whole industry ?

-----------------------------------------

what happened at QuadrigaCX was similar. it was one of the 1000+ crypto exchanges all over the world . it was based in canada and its owner probably made an exit scam while in india and had the sole access to the Quadriga CX cold storage wallet which had around 800BTC .

now if this was 2011 , it would have crashed the market but crypto markets are so liquid now that a lone exchange getting hacked is nothing to worry about

you can invest in crypto markets but make sure to keep your coins in your own wallet and not leave them on an exchange .

basic safety guidelines really !

@Rasengan

can you please do a simple write up on Ichimoku method ( esp for a TA destitute like me ) :(

The standard way people use Ichimoku in the West for a bullish set-up is to wait for a Kumo twist when Senkou Span A crosses Senkou Span B. This gives you an idea of what future price sentiment 26 periods forward will be like. But the Kumo has another key feature. It's an excellent indicator to find support and resistance zones both past and future. There are some people who initiate a trade on a Kumo bounce. Look on the chart and you will see many examples where this actually works but without context, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Trading is gambling when you hit and hope for the best. But that scenario changes when you apply logic to the market and follow the footprint of the smart money. In many cases, you might have a Spring which leads to an SOS and an LPS. In some cases, the LPS will playout on the Kumo bounce. Remember context is always important.

Look on the left-hand side of the chart and notice the flat Kumo zones called Kumo shadows. These are areas where price often finds support or resistance. When the price goes up you will often find these Kumo Shadows have the same values as Fib retracements. Generally, most Ichimoku traders view price in the Kumo as turbulence or trendless and they stay out of the market. The Japanese are conservative traders very different from their western counterparts.

Once you have a Kumo twist, then we look for a golden cross similar to how traders look at moving averages. In this case for our bullish set-up, we require the Tenkan Sen to cross above the Kijun Sen. Ichimoku traders in the West often talk about a weak, neutral and strong golden cross, but this in my humble opinion is BS. There are ample enough examples to show a weak cross can lead to a massive bullish trend.

Next, our focus should be on the Chikou Span. Many Ichimoku traders love this indicator and for good reason. Its main feature is momentum and it gives you a warning when the price will be choppy or trending. When price pops outside of the Kumo but the Chikou Span is trapped inside a congested zone full of previous candlesticks then it giving you a warning we have a strong resistance zone and this is a fake breakout trade. The Chikou Span needs to be away from candlesticks. When the Chikou Span goes back into the candlestick from a bullish trend this can give you a heads up that price is either re-accumulating or is in the process of distribution.

The above example is a basic brief way of how you can trade Ichimoku. There are many other features of the five components but its too long to explain. This is how Western traders look at Ichimoku. Do you think Goichi Hosoda spent more than 30 years on these components? Before his death, he once famously said in the 80s of the 10,000 traders who use Ichimoku only ten know how to use it properly. One of them was Hidenobu Sasaki who was Japan's best-ranked trader for 9 consecutive years before he passed away. Yoshino Yutaka his student is currently the 2nd best analysis in the country. So that begs the question there must be more to Ichimoku than just the five components. Well, there is and its called price, time, wave theory.

I will give a brief description. Goichi Hosoda had a wave system similar to Elliot Wave, but it's more primitive in comparison to EW, but still has its uses. He introduced the I, V, N, Y and P wave. The S wave was later introduced by Hidenobu Sasaki and some call it wave 4. These are described in Nicole Elliot's book, but she does a poor job in my opinion but at least you get a basic understanding. I recommend you in checking it out. Irrespective of her misconception of Ichimoku she is a brilliant trader. Next, we have price observation theory the equivalent to Fibonacci in EW. But its not the exact same and price does seem to hit these levels. You have NT, N, V, E, 2E, 3E, 4E values. Each of these has a formula for you to calculate price targets. Then we have time theory, the hardest of the 3 but according to Goichi Hosada the most important. You will notice most of his cycle numbers coincide with some of the best cycle analysts on business, economy, and markets. To my mind Dewey, Elliot and Kondratieff's work link with Hosada's time cycle theory. The basic values are 9, 17, 26, 33 and 42. Then you have 51, 65, 76, 81, 97, 101, 129 etc. He has a unique way of counting it and deriving these cycles. What makes him different is the introduction of equal cycles. If for example, the change date doesn't occur on his notation then he uses that number to find the next cycle. What I recommend is using Wyckoff with Ichimoku even with the basic level and don't disregard EW.

The standard way people use Ichimoku in the West for a bullish set-up is to wait for a Kumo twist when Senkou Span A crosses Senkou Span B. This gives you an idea of what future price sentiment 26 periods forward will be like. But the Kumo has another key feature. It's an excellent indicator to find support and resistance zones both past and future. There are some people who initiate a trade on a Kumo bounce. Look on the chart and you will see many examples where this actually works but without context, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Trading is gambling when you hit and hope for the best. But that scenario changes when you apply logic to the market and follow the footprint of the smart money. In many cases, you might have a Spring which leads to an SOS and an LPS. In some cases, the LPS will playout on the Kumo bounce. Remember context is always important.

Look on the left-hand side of the chart and notice the flat Kumo zones called Kumo shadows. These are areas where price often finds support or resistance. When the price goes up you will often find these Kumo Shadows have the same values as Fib retracements. Generally, most Ichimoku traders view price in the Kumo as turbulence or trendless and they stay out of the market. The Japanese are conservative traders very different from their western counterparts.

Once you have a Kumo twist, then we look for a golden cross similar to how traders look at moving averages. In this case for our bullish set-up, we require the Tenkan Sen to cross above the Kijun Sen. Ichimoku traders in the West often talk about a weak, neutral and strong golden cross, but this in my humble opinion is BS. There are ample enough examples to show a weak cross can lead to a massive bullish trend.

Next, our focus should be on the Chikou Span. Many Ichimoku traders love this indicator and for good reason. Its main feature is momentum and it gives you a warning when the price will be choppy or trending. When price pops outside of the Kumo but the Chikou Span is trapped inside a congested zone full of previous candlesticks then it giving you a warning we have a strong resistance zone and this is a fake breakout trade. The Chikou Span needs to be away from candlesticks. When the Chikou Span goes back into the candlestick from a bullish trend this can give you a heads up that price is either re-accumulating or is in the process of distribution.

The above example is a basic brief way of how you can trade Ichimoku. There are many other features of the five components but its too long to explain. This is how Western traders look at Ichimoku. Do you think Goichi Hosoda spent more than 30 years on these components? Before his death, he once famously said in the 80s of the 10,000 traders who use Ichimoku only ten know how to use it properly. One of them was Hidenobu Sasaki who was Japan's best-ranked trader for 9 consecutive years before he passed away. Yoshino Yutaka his student is currently the 2nd best analysis in the country. So that begs the question there must be more to Ichimoku than just the five components. Well, there is and its called price, time, wave theory.

I will give a brief description. Goichi Hosoda had a wave system similar to Elliot Wave, but it's more primitive in comparison to EW, but still has its uses. He introduced the I, V, N, Y and P wave. The S wave was later introduced by Hidenobu Sasaki and some call it wave 4. These are described in Nicole Elliot's book, but she does a poor job in my opinion but at least you get a basic understanding. I recommend you in checking it out. Irrespective of her misconception of Ichimoku she is a brilliant trader. Next, we have price observation theory the equivalent to Fibonacci in EW. But its not the exact same and price does seem to hit these levels. You have NT, N, V, E, 2E, 3E, 4E values. Each of these has a formula for you to calculate price targets. Then we have time theory, the hardest of the 3 but according to Goichi Hosada the most important. You will notice most of his cycle numbers coincide with some of the best cycle analysts on business, economy, and markets. To my mind Dewey, Elliot and Kondratieff's work link with Hosada's time cycle theory. The basic values are 9, 17, 26, 33 and 42. Then you have 51, 65, 76, 81, 97, 101, 129 etc. He has a unique way of counting it and deriving these cycles. What makes him different is the introduction of equal cycles. If for example, the change date doesn't occur on his notation then he uses that number to find the next cycle. What I recommend is using Wyckoff with Ichimoku even with the basic level and don't disregard EW.

noted and thanks

what i fathom here is that ICHIMOKU is a rather refined (zoomed in) aspect of the market behaviour vis a via the Wyckoff method.

certainly very interesting . trading bots are programmed to mostly watch for EW patterns or Wyckof cycles .

i will read up on this more

noted and thanks

what i fathom here is that ICHIMOKU is a rather refined (zoomed in) aspect of the market behaviour vis a via the Wyckoff method.

certainly very interesting . trading bots are programmed to mostly watch for EW patterns or Wyckof cycles .

i will read up on this more

Ichimoku was originally designed to follow trending moves. What makes it unique in comparison to other techniques is that its a standalone method. Just think about it for one second. The method incorporates support/resistance, momentum, sentiment, wave analysis, price objectives, and cycle analysis. This is why I regard the method as the third-best in my tool kit to trade the market. It can supplement my analysis of EW and Wyckoff and correct my mistake. But when you need more help and don't understand something then let me know. I think another interesting method is the Andrew Pitchfork and the Three Peaks and Domed House method by George Lindsay.

https://www.coindesk.com/president-xi-says-china-should-seize-opportunity-to-adopt-blockchain

chinas president calls for adoption of block chain tech

well @Rasengan ,

btc has defied all charts and has shot up nearly a 1000USD in last 2 hours , whats your take on that

something to do with President Xi's speech regarding adoption of blockchain tech ,, and here people ask me if its kosher or not ,

Price has near enough hit the 0.618 fib level. This is a good reversal zone for a wave 2. The only problem is from the 6th September we see a five-wave structure which can be labeled as wave A. The wave B looks like a Flat of which wave C was the product of Friday's reaction. Go down the 1-hour time frame and you see a 3 wave structure most likely there will be another impulsive leg up. The pullback and its structure should give an indication of whether bitcoin is beginning a bull run. As volume increased on the 4-hour chart price was narrowing. Clearly, some institutions have sold some of their positions and selling pressure has come in. Its a sign of weakness, but it's not a signal rather a warning to traders that buying power has become exhausted. You need more evidence.

Ichimoku was originally designed to follow trending moves. What makes it unique in comparison to other techniques is that its a standalone method. Just think about it for one second. The method incorporates support/resistance, momentum, sentiment, wave analysis, price objectives, and cycle analysis. This is why I regard the method as the third-best in my tool kit to trade the market. It can supplement my analysis of EW and Wyckoff and correct my mistake. But when you need more help and don't understand something then let me know. I think another interesting method is the Andrew Pitchfork and the Three Peaks and Domed House method by George Lindsay.

Very interesting indeed. Do you know what is the latest Ichimoku gold analysis?

Very interesting indeed. Do you know what is the latest Ichimoku gold analysis?

Gold is clearly bullish and that will continue until next year. But the current market structure is corrective in nature. This is fairly obvious as the Chikou Span is hovering around price (candlesticks).

Look at the daily chart and you will notice from the 1st October to the present day we have a potential N wave which can (keyword) retest the September highs. What gives credence to this idea? Price is finding support at the Kumo. We may also have an equalization cycle. Price action from the 4th of September to 1st of October took 19 trading days, essential it was an N wave. The current potential N wave has currently taken 20 trading days. This is good evidence of a turn date. By the way please don't take my opinion on the market to trade your own capital. Study the market and come to your own conclusions. I never read other people's chart because I should do my own investigation.

Last edited:
@ARMalik Gold has currently panned out so far according to the Ichimoku model. It's going to retest the September highs. But since I use also Wyckoff, Elliot and Cardwell's methodology of RSI I know another bull run is possible on the card which will go past the September highs.

@ARMalik Gold has currently panned out so far according to the Ichimoku model. It's going to retest the September highs. But since I use also Wyckoff, Elliot and Cardwell's methodology of RSI I know another bull run is possible on the card which will go past the September highs.

Thanks Rasengan. Yea that's what I was thinking as well. The US and other economies are long overdue for a correction. But I have a feeling this time it would be much bigger correction due to the amount of debt in the system.

Thanks Rasengan. Yea that's what I was thinking as well. The US and other economies are long overdue for a correction. But I have a feeling this time it would be much bigger correction due to the amount of debt in the system.

I agree the US economy is long overdue for a correction. Elliot Wave my favorite technical analysis model is showing this sign. I don't follow fundamental analysis, but I know Hamilton Bolton the famous Elliotician during the 60s wrote a compelling book on credit cycles and money. Ray Dalio's fund takes its roots from those ideas and he has said on record that he expects a large recession 2020. As traders, this shouldn't concern us. Study the principles of these great teachers and practice your skills to understand where the market is heading. End of the day supply and demand is king the chart should give us a clue.

@blueazure ... I like your idea about investing in DHA plots. Except for Lahore, which DHA cities do you recommend to buy plots?

Back
Top Bottom