What's new

Asia Cup FINAL match- Pakistan vs Bangladesh at Dhaka !

Pakistan or Bangladesh win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without wanting to ruin the goodwill spirit of the thread by bringing politics into it, but I have a ton of Bangladeshi friends, & for the most part, most of them have no resentment against Pakistan. General rules: the young generation of Bangladeshis do not have the resentment for Pakistan that their parents had, & Bangladeshis from Bangladesh are more pro-Pakistan, whereas the Bangladeshis born and raised in the West are pro-India. In fact, during the WC semi finals, we were 5 Pakistanis, there were 4 Bangladeshis and 10 Indian friends; 3 out of the 4 Bangladeshis supported Pakistan against India, & the 3 were constantly taunted (for fun) by my Indian friends, especially when India won.

Guys, don't need to bash about crying, I have seen Australian crying finalist in the WC 1996, Sri Lanka went to finalist (two times straightin row), they are emotional crying too. Even South Africa can't make it to the final match, they cried alot. Whatever Pakistan lost, they will always laugh. We lost importantly match to India (i.e semifinal), we laugh! What will the reaction if Pakistan lost today, I wonder?

(Shakib Al Hasan laughed when captain cried, see yourself @1:00)

farukboss_1332444022_1-Doc1.jpg

farukboss_1332471742_4-5555.jpg

farukboss_1332471603_1-540123_3093680859638_1192536704_32437370_348584259_n.jpg

Guys, don't need to bash about crying, I have seen Australian crying finalist in the WC 1996, Sri Lanka went to finalist (two times straightin row), they are emotional crying too. Even South Africa can't make it to the final match, they cried alot. Whatever Pakistan lost, they will always laugh. We lost importantly match to India (i.e semifinal), we laugh!

(Shakib Al Hasan laughed when captain cried, see yourself @1:00)

What Bengalis did was NOTHING

People in Brazil die of heart attack and conduct collective crying :-)lol:) through out the contury whenever their team fail to win the worldcup. Even during club matches things can get out of hand and to control them Alcohol is banned in the vicinity of the stadiums

This is sport madness and should be respected

Karachiites celebrate Pak victory in Asia Cup

20120323_36.jpg

pakistani-cricket-fans-celebrate-asia-20120322-113825-662.jpg

71926_66826051.jpg

KARACHI: The victory of Pakistan cricket team over Bangladesh in the Asia Cup 2012 final on Thursday was celebrated all over the city with great zeal.

To watch the match, large video screens were installed by different organisations, clubs and fans in many areas of the city, including Machchar Colony, Moosa Colony, Federal B Area, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Azam Basti, Bengali Para Korangi, Orangi Town, Arts Council of Pakistan Karachi, Sea View, Mumtaz Mobile Mall, some universities and other educational institutions.

Fans of Pakistan and Bangladeshi cricket teams wore shirts of their favourite team. They painted flags on their faces. Boys were riding bikes and raising slogans of ‘Pakistan Zindabad’ after the victory.

Another video screen was set up at a shop in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Block 13D, near Own Heights Apartments, where Asad, Imran alias Mama, Miandad Baloch, Sajid, Javed and Saqib commented over the performances of teams as saying they were very glad over the victory of Pakistan but Bangladesh also played good.

Meanwhile, Sindh Information Minister Shazia Marri also congratulated the Pakistani nation and cricket team over the victory and expressed well wishes for future.

Massive traffic jams occurred in different areas of the city after conclusion of match as a large number of jubilant cricket lovers took to the streets and danced on the tunes of drumbeats. They also raised slogans in favour of Pakistan cricket team.

To celebrate the victory, jubilant people opened aerial fire in Khokhrapar, Hassan Square, Old Sabzi Mandi, NIPA, Jamshed Quarters, Liaquatabad, Nazimabad, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Saddar, City Railway Colony, Empress Market, Machchar Colony, Keamari and Lines Area in which 13 people, including a boy and a woman were injured. Police shifted the injured to the Civil Hospital Karachi, Abbasi Shaheed Hospital and Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for treatment.

Later a man Badshah Khan, who was injured in Zaman Town Korangi, succumbed to his injuries.

I am also Karachiites. :)

What Bengalis did was NOTHING

People in Brazil die of heart attack and conduct collective crying :-)lol:) through out the contury whenever their team fail to win the worldcup. Even during club matches things can get out of hand and to control them Alcohol is banned in the vicinity of the stadiums

This is sport madness and should be respected

LOL. Yes, we do have heart-attacks and very nervous last 5 overs, it is damn close. They made us too much difficult work and pressures us, heck we won by TWO runs!

536785_411392075554076_178344878858798_1596478_1284618446_n.jpg

Love this, man! :woot:

Bangladesh Team have come a long way and if they work hard just a little more, they will be a tough opponent to beat. It was a great game.

LOL. Yes, we do have heart-attacks and very nervous last 5 overs, it is damn close. They made us too much difficult work and pressures us, heck we won by TWO runs!

Pakistanis do have heart attacks but we continue to live but Brazilians dont :cry:

Well I feel for Bangladesh as they are one of ours , but they have a Young Team vs a Team of Veterans

I mean , if the Bangladesh players had played with composure when they were 60/0 and focused on simple 2-3 runs a over by running they would have done well but , in experience and lack of Finals experience showed

It happens to best of Teams Bangladesh is the Pakistan of the 60's -70's coming close yet losing but fighting team

And this is their Legacy , that they will come out stronger from this Tournament and hopefully their Fans will support them

But congrats to Pakistan and Our squad they did what was expected

Bangladesh plays same style as Pakistan

Pakistan's batting has had mood swings and we all know it , and Bangladesh has same issues
But they need more Cricket similarly Pakistan needs more cricket

Pretty soon , it will be Bangladesh and Pakistan Top two teams in Asia , India will keep getting knocked out first round tough times ahead for India

In All Honesty Bangladesh played better restricting Pakistan to Just 200 runs if it was not for a
"fluke 30 runs in end"

And also fluke outs by their batsmen when they made 60 runs solid partnerships

I think the CROWD and occasion got to young players, in some ways I wished we would give them the first cup but , that would not be fair play but in end we hope they will bounce back and win 1 for their fans

And when Drop Em Catches - Younis , take 3 catches in game , which he normally drops you know luck is on Pakistan's side I mean 19 runs in end I mean 19 runs ...

Pakistan also crashed to Australia in Finals of world cup 1999 so we know how the "Mega Collapses" work ...

But in Saqib (Sakib) Bangladesh have a player clibre of Inzi who has "fight" and leadership this guy will be a great star

close match - i was sweating bullets -anyway BD played very well. good to see that they have many talented young players. and ofcourse congrats PK:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom