What's new

Asia Cup 2022 thread

-=virus=-

Reaction score
Country
India
A possible 3 India and Pak matches possible ! Bit of a shame its in a 20 format, but given that we have a world cup creeping up on us, the boards and teams probably wanted it this way as prep.

I'd have given India the edge in a 50 game but Pak are pretty good at 20 but my dream still remains a full fledged 5 test series played across both countries. 15 saal ho gaye, a whole generation of players never played a test against the other, which is a real shame. :(

Filhaal, at least we have these pop cricket ones to look fwd to.

Discuss !

A possible 3 India and Pak matches possible ! Bit of a shame its in a 20 format, but given that we have a world cup creeping up on us, the boards and teams probably wanted it this way as prep.

I'd have given India the edge in a 50 game but Pak are pretty good at 20 but my dream still remains a full fledged 5 test series played across both countries. 15 saal ho gaye, a whole generation of players never played a test against the other, which is a real shame. :(

Discuss !
I too am looking forward to this Cup. I believe India has an edge, we are a stronger team if you compare player by player and we are also No. 1 in T20s while Pakistan is 3rd. Kohli has a history of performing good against Pakistan and he looked in really good touch in the nets. Rohit might be a hit and miss but if he gets going, he'll be unstoppable. There's also Pant, SKY and Rahul all of whom are game changers and can win any game single handedly. Not having Bumrah might hurt us since he is our best bowler across all formats but we still have a strong bowling attack regardless. There's also a change in the mindset of our batters now, we are playing attacking cricket from ball 1 which means we have higher chances of scoring 180 + but then there's also a chance of getting out for low scores. But I like this new approach more than the old consolidation one.

However, this is still an India Pakistan game and on top of that, it's the T20 format and anything can happen. Ultimately, the team that performs well on that day will win. In our previous encounter, Pakistan got the better of us with Rizwan and Babar winning the game for them comfortably so they will definitely come in with that confidence. In the 2018 Asia Cup however, which was the last one, India won both times easily winning by 8 wickets and 9 wickets respectively similar to how Pakistan defeated us in the recent T20, but again that was the ODI format.

Afghanistan too can be a tricky opponent, they have a very strong bowling attack and can be a handful on the slow UAE pitches. Sri Lanka too is unpredictable. Bangladesh might not be in the reckoning since they always underperform and they recently didn't do very well against Zimbabwe.

Wanted to add that Babar is in great touch currently and it's vital that we get him out as early as possible.

Last edited:

Discuss !
looking forward for an exciting world cup .

If Chokli and Nohit are in the team, then no hope. Sadly that would be the case.

Kohli has a history of performing good against Pakistan

That Kohli is long gone. He might still be a little relevant in ODIs but in T20s HELL NO!!!

South Asia should have a high stakes football tournament every year. The intense rivalry might generate some more commercial interest in the sport and bring us out of our cricket mania.

Pakistan 🇵🇰 performances in Asia Cup are generally poor. Expect more of the same.

GridArt_20220826_004310635.jpg

The quality of Pak bowling has gone down. Last year t20 wc what happened against Australia??

Poor/slow run rate and shitty batting and bowling. Best is hasan ali? Shaheen losing his cool when get hit fir 6’s by mathew wade ??
Haris rauf ? Even spin is shit.

That t20 was a fluke to get so far.
Literally we won matches which were almost lost (if asif ali had failed we would’ve lost to afg and nz)…..babar plays for himself, slow run rates, etc
You wanna win? Can’t unless you have Australian mindset and attitude and play brave cricket.

ICC deliberately always puts these 2 teams in same group to generate sales. All about money

Back
Top Bottom