What's new

Asia Cup 2016

it is unfortunate that Pakistan lost , to be very honest no fun in watching India -Bangladesh final,
Bangladeshi may claim to be strongest team ? and they may win final , phir bhi bangaliyo ke saath final ? maza nahi aya
Yeah, it is a predictable match I know who is gonna win :D

View attachment 296389
That was red hot, wasn't it! :cheesy:
& Sarkar was playing well at that time.

many summers back, one of the most feared pace bowling pair from Pakistan, W&W wrecked english batting (& ego) in england. Waqar was bowling some unplayable banana yorkers. Delivery that got Sarkar out, reminded of that spell.
View attachment 296388
Reverse swing, nothing better for me. Reminds me of this spell by Wahab.

he bowled well in this series too...

you will remember this if you watched the Australian series...this ones comeback in a frickin mile, beauty. Can watch it a 100 times...

5860338-3x2-940x627.jpg

Difference between indian and pakistani cricketers as per Mathera

Pakistan have to learn batting from Kohli as per Kamran

Reverse swing, nothing better for me. Reminds me of this spell by Wahab.

he bowled well in this series too...

you will remember this if you watched the Australian series...this ones comeback in a frickin mile, beauty. Can watch it a 100 times...

5860338-3x2-940x627.jpg
i recall, after prodigious swings that Wasim and Waqar could generate from an old ball, several english commentators alleged ball tampering. The truth however was one half of ball maintained shiny and bowling at good speed, one could swing an old ball too.
English coaches teach their students to leave new ball for first 5-10 overs and when shine (& by extension conventional swing) goes away, start playing shots. However reverse swing destroyed this schooling method and later several bowlers started using it to great effect.
Swing bowling unfortunately is a dying art as bowlers these days rely more on change of speed, but with little swing used bu bowlers, batsmen too are becoming less skilled. Its really hard to see any new batsmen using foot movement against pace and ultimately this has bearing on their ability to play quality spin as well.

Difference between indian and pakistani cricketers as per Mathera
i thought lady is a woman cricket player before i saw the video. She looks like some cine actress, commenting on cricket.

i recall, after prodigious swings that Wasim and Waqar could generate from an old ball, several english commentators alleged ball tampering. The truth however was one half of ball maintained shiny and bowling at good speed, one could swing an old ball too.
History of reverse swing is quite a good one. Dark art perfected by Sarfaraz Nawaz, reintroduced, inherited by Imran Khan who went on to perfect it even more; Wasim and Waqar took it from Imran and showed its dark magic. Art was later taught to English players in County Cricket and was later learned by all. Aqib Javed was also effective, later passed on to Shoiab Akhtar and Asif. Do you remember Asif? he could swing it a mile, wobbly seam before pitching and doing a lot. Later passed to Wahab, who was just a pacer when he started. Wahab can reverse very well as he has a lot of pace.
Swing bowling unfortunately is a dying art as bowlers these days rely more on change of speed, but with little swing used bu bowlers, batsmen too are becoming less skilled. Its really hard to see any new batsmen using foot movement against pace and ultimately this has bearing on their ability to play quality spin as well.
Not really, we have good Swing bowlers coming through, look at Bolt, Southe, Starc, Amir, the rest are quite good too. Test Cricket should be given first priority, as it is the best format and keeps the game in its original form.

Do you remember Asif?
yes i do.
He too destroyed his own career, when he had makings of a great fast bowler.

Among the names you mentioned, Starc looks most menacing for the bounce he can extract, unfortunately he is prone to injuries.
By the time for next WC in England (2019), we can expect some really good fast bowlers to showcase their skills on greatest stage of 'em all.

By the time for next WC in England (2019), we can expect some really good fast bowlers to showcase their skills on greatest stage of 'em all.
Should be good. BTW, made your thread sticky.

hope they will not be accused of committing Blashphemy !
Who cares, taken out all opposition leaders, in laws, all hated teachers and those bullies in school.

Hope some of pakistani fans get mental satisfaction by watching old world cup wins or some other matches they have won.
easy now. you guys loose heart so quickly. watch it.. Bangla Bashu is gunning for you.. and this time they got bats.. not ladders ;)

enjoy yourself and get some different satisfaction.
why you care what Pakistani fans do?

do you define yourself by what they are doing?

Who cares, taken out all opposition leaders, in laws, all hated teachers and those bullies in school.

easy now. you guys loose heart so quickly. watch it.. Bangla Bashu is gunning for you.. and this time they got bats.. not ladders ;)

enjoy yourself and get some different satisfaction.
why you care what Pakistani fans do?

do you define yourself by what they are doing?

We already beaten bangladesh previous match and you want to make hyper active statements ! Srilanka 19/0 and it seems a good start for them

26/0 by lankans

44/0 by lankans what a strike by lankan lions

Back
Top Bottom