What's new

Army to induct 'offensive' corps along China border

We need long rage fighter/bomber like SU-30 MKI, Nirbhay and Brahmos along China border. They can act better from standoff ranges in mountainous region.

^^^and also a complete SAM system in the mountains.

Ooops I forgot that. Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah.....We need,

1) SU-30MKI (inducted) (number ~120)
2) Brahmos (inducted) (~200)
3) Nirbhay (underdevelopment) (~300)
4) LCH (under flight test) (~100)

and two types of SAMs,

5) Akash (inducted) (~1200)
6) Barak-NG. (underdevelopment) (~400)

We also ordered 147 light artillery for mountainous operation only.

Last edited:
It is always a strategic mistake ( if not tactical) to use regular military in COIN . Military ops must consider strategic , tactical and operational aspects before determining any COA. Pakistan made a big mistake deploying regular army in COIN . This is also why I support my IA colleagues not to get indulged into Maoist mess. I support your view on this regard.

This idea is definitely uppermost in the mind of MOD and COAS in India right now. That is why, in spite of political pressure to do so; it has avoided getting into the Maoist mess. But in the case of the Naga operations, the IA was involved on the ground; and IMO that created jungle warfare tactics for the IA when the Malayan experience was fresh in the minds of most armies. The Naga experience created the foundations of IA's jungle warfare capabilities and to that extent was necessary and invaluable. The Maoist issue is largely a policing issue, but not for urban beat policemen- of 'danda' technology.
The Army will train para-military forces for their role, provide some advice and stay out of the rest. As it is, the Army is not too enthusiastic about its involvement in J & K. But since it is a low intensity conflict situation involving external forces, it can't remain uninvolved either.

This idea is definitely uppermost in the mind of MOD and COAS in India right now. That is why, in spite of political pressure to do so; it has avoided getting into the Maoist mess. But in the case of the Naga operations, the IA was involved on the ground; and IMO that created jungle warfare tactics for the IA when the Malayan experience was fresh in the minds of most armies. The Naga experience created the foundations of IA's jungle warfare capabilities and to that extent was necessary and invaluable. The Maoist issue is largely a policing issue, but not for urban beat policemen- of 'danda' technology.
The Army will train para-military forces for their role, provide some advice and stay out of the rest. As it is, the Army is not too enthusiastic about its involvement in J & K. But since it is a low intensity conflict situation involving external forces, it can't remain uninvolved either.

I know what Gen(rtd) Kapoor outlined to deal with the Maoist and he was right. The Maoists badly seeking a victim status like the Palestinians and to certain extend the Kashmiris. To deny them this victim hood ( publicity) is the fundamental of COIN. In COIN , doing little is enough sometime without making a lot of noise. The media will shout because they have no knowledge of the art of warfare. Not reacting to the insurgent just the way the insurgent expect diminishes the vital effect of any insurgency campaign. Targeted surgical strikes under unbranded flag can take care of the rest. This is my philosophy of COIN.

Very good point. US assistance is required.

And what are you??????? A refugee who got support from USA to live in deserted areas which are of no use to them.

How much does the US pay you to always advertise about them?????? I'm pretty sure you might have sold yourself, cheap. You definitely need those 2 pennies a month.

And Let me tell you guy, you don't know what we can do. They may need our support like they are asking for our help to train Afghan soldiers.
It may be China who needs more of their help. BTW, most of China's current day equipment are America made or america derived( directly or indirectly like through other nato countries like Israel)because it wants to surpass the US, an instance of which is at the very basic level itself, the chinese Humvee........
Eastwind_EQ2050_-_4.jpg

We know how to support ourselves. Our technologies, as you may say, have been derived from foreign countries which I agree but most of it is Indigenous. And when its about wars, we are enough for you, alone.

And what are you??????? A refugee who got support from USA to live in deserted areas which are of no use to them.

How much does the US pay you to always advertise about them?????? I'm pretty sure you might have sold yourself, cheap. You definitely need those 2 pennies a month.

And Let me tell you guy, you don't know what we can do. They may need our support like they are asking for our help to train Afghan soldiers.
It may be China who needs more of their help. BTW, most of China's current day equipment are America made or america derived( directly or indirectly like through other nato countries like Israel)because it wants to surpass the US, an instance of which is at the very basic level itself, the chinese Humvee........

We know how to support ourselves. Our technologies, as you may say, have been derived from foreign countries which I agree but most of it is Indigenous. And when its about wars, we are enough for you, alone.

no need to attack taiwan and U.S,he is not a taiwanese,he is a chinese in disguise,only for trolling purpose

GOI has to realise china can't afford or Can't fight with india for many reasons.

1) As pointed out by our fellow member - there is lot of unrest between chinese and the communist regime,

2) Tibet is major foreign media attraction

3) Uighurs are treated shabbily in case of war countries who dont like to see china as a superpower will utilise these factions to large extent.

4) chinese have spent heavily in building big cities, eg shanghai, beijing and many more - they dont want nuclear weapons falling on these cities.

So china has to carefully study its strategies and try to make friendship with india which will help both the countries in longer term, even if it means giving back the land occupied by china.

And china knows they dont want like pakistan like scenario with india, this time india being pakistan for china like what pakistan is to india.

But chinese wont give up supporting pakistan thinking they can control india through pakistan, these two front theory is a facepalm to chinese strategist, chinese should know by now supporting pakistan to weaken india isnt working anymore.

I'm an American so I definitely support the US. As for your technology, most Americans are not aware of. It doesn't mean that you do not have technology. But it has not made any impact to most Americans so we are not aware of any technology from India. As for war, are you saying that you are enough for the US along. I believe that you keep on saying that I'm from communist China. If you want to challenge a mainland Chinese, you need to find one of them to debate with you. I might have noticed that many Indians like to brag excessively while turn a blind eye to other's accomplishments, but point that out doesn't make me a Chinese.

I'm an American so I definitely support the US. As for your technology, most Americans are not aware of. It doesn't mean that you do not have technology. But it has not made any impact to most Americans so we are not aware of any technology from India. As for war, are you saying that you are enough for the US along. I believe that you keep on saying that I'm from communist China. If you want to challenge a mainland Chinese, you need to find one of them to debate with you. I might have noticed that many Indians like to brag excessively while turn a blind eye to other's accomplishments, but point that out doesn't make me a Chinese.

hw is being ur american or chiniese or any BS relaed to this thread???cant u jst say anything related to the topic???

hw is being ur american or chiniese or any BS relaed to this thread???cant u jst say anything related to the topic???

I was just repond to personal attacks that was out of topic in the first place. If you want to blame someone for derail the thread, blame them.

I'm an American so I definitely support the US.

It doesn't mean you keep saying in every thread that US assistance is required.

BTW, what has US got to do when IA is inducting offensive corps along border?????????????? Are you trying to say that we should ask US for assistance even if we make a new platoon.

So, at the end of the day, isn't it you who is trying to divert the topic by making rumours of defensive arrangements to be offensive actions ????????

It is a fact that just like Pakistan sees a threat in India, India sees a credible threat in China. And has every right to defend her and make all the necessary preparedness measures a state needs to make, but I fear this will further create distrust in the region.

Fighting a two pronged war is never successful.

It is a fact that just like Pakistan sees a threat in India, India sees a credible threat in China. And has every right to defend her and make all the necessary preparedness measures a state needs to make, but I fear this will further create distrust in the region.

Fighting a two pronged war is never successful.

The Chinese will avoid the war at all cost. I know them pretty well. The philosophy of war is to avoid the war to the maximum extend. However, if China decides to wage a war , they will deploy disproportionate and overwhelming fire power. They will match 5:1 which is very scary because Chinese hate to loose and they have the capabilities to match 7:1 against anyone in the world in any theatre.

The Chinese will avoid the war at all cost. I know them pretty well. The philosophy of war is to avoid the war to the maximum extend. However, if China decides to wage a war , they will deploy disproportionate and overwhelming fire power. They will match 5:1 which is very scary because Chinese hate to loose and they have the capabilities to match 7:1 against anyone in the world in any theatre.

well no country want war and try to avoid and trust me if it take place then it will destroy both side

can you tell me what if the ratio if china-Pakistan against each other i think it will be 10:0 or something else

war is not solution but you should be redy for anything anytime

Back
Top Bottom