What's new

Army chief's visit: Italy commends Pakistan army's role for regional peace, security

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Army chief's visit: Italy commends Pakistan army's role for regional peace, security
Published: July 28, 2015
927652-asimbajwa-1438023088-389-640x480.jpg

COAS with Italy foreign minister during his official visit to the country. PHOTO: ASIM BAJWA TWITTER.

Italy on Monday commended the army for its positive role in ensuring regional peace and security.

According to Director General ISPR Major-General Asim Bajwa, COAS General Raheel Sharif is on a three-day official visit to Italy, where he met with Italy’s foreign minister and visited Air Defence headquarters. A number of meetings with Italy’s political and military leadership have been lined up for the bilateral visit.

#COAS arrives Italy for a 3 days official bilateral visit,a number of mtngs,visits lined up with political, mil leadership/field comd-1

— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) July 27, 2015

Bajwa said that during the meeting with Italian foreign minister, detailed discussions on regional security were held. Bajwa added that the Italian minister lauded the army’s positive role for regional peace and stability.

Read: Finding closure: War against terror in decisive phase, says COAS

Italian FM commended Pak Army as symbol of great hope for peace,stability of region and the entire World-6pic.twitter.com/64YGCWdpmL

During his tour, the army chief also visited Italy’s Defence and Security Industrial group for exploring wider defence collaboration.

While visiting the Air Defence headquarters, Gen Raheel was briefed on weapon systems, doctrine, and training regimens.

Read: War against terrorism enters into decisive phase: COAS

#COAS in Italy: Visited Def and Security Industrial Gp to explore wider Def collaboration and coop-3pic.twitter.com/4Jk0dZ2GCE

COAS visited Air Def HQ of Italian Army in the field,briefed in detail on weapon systems,doctrine,training.

CK79jPCWcAAEtrw.jpg

CK79jPOWwAQC2g5.jpg

CK79jPcWoAAcjgs.jpg

Italy and Pakistan have strong defence ties.

Are we getting Italian Radars whats the deal ?

Or More SPADA

More SPADA-2k systems would always be a good boost. We already have maintenance facility in place for this system. ToT would be the real cake. I doubt certain western countries would allow that though -- "political reasons"

I hope Pakistan buys military hardware from Italy.

ye dunya ka wo wahid uniform may foreign minister hey jisko guard of honor dena parta hey hhahahahahha sekhoo usa begerato so called democractic L hakoomatoon.. Zardari Nawaz aur inkay naroon pe naachanay waloo sajay khahboon.... learn from him....

More SPADA-2k systems would always be a good boost. We already have maintenance facility in place for this system. ToT would be the real cake. I doubt certain western countries would allow that though -- "political reasons"

Is it possible and economical to jointly develop Spada NG SAM having new tech and engagement envelop?

Is it possible and economical to jointly develop Spada NG SAM having new tech and engagement envelop?

i dont know what the costs would exactly entail but knowledge-transfer is always invaluable. Wish I could answer that with certainty

just answer any new goodies coming with COAS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom