What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Arjun MK-II will come with a greater degree of indigenization...

the german engine will be replaced with an indigenous 1500hp one, quite a few more suspension and
hydro-pneumatic-related things that were procured from germany and belgium will be replaced with an
indigenous alternatives, i guess that would reduce the price to a considerable extent

First of all,the Germany (Renk) had supplied the active transmition system of Arjun MkI.The hydro gas suspension was at 1st supplied by General dynamics of USA but that system had repeatedly malfuntioned and was changed with an indigenous suspension developed by CVRDE.
And secondly,no.Arjun MkII won't be cheaper,its stated price is 7+ million $ unit.

^^^
Dude its 2012, nothing is cheaper. Other Main battle tanks also cost like this only. Japans type 10 mbt, french lecrec cost around 10 million$, Abrams and latest Leopard cost around 7-8 million $. T90 cost was around 3-4 million$ in 2007.

Dudes! I was only saying that price can be reduced somewhat 'coz we'll limit imports

Yes, you're right $7ml is not exactly 'cheap', its quite costly but however if the tank delivers performance
which justifies the price, then i guess we'll induct more MK-IIs

Btw, how many MK-IIs will be inducted? Some said about 250? Or more?

^^^ it doesnt matter how much it costs but it should provide our army with latest technology available.....and should be compatilble with any other MBT

First of all,the Germany (Renk) had supplied the active transmition system of Arjun MkI.The hydro gas suspension was at 1st supplied by General dynamics of USA but that system had repeatedly malfuntioned and was changed with an indigenous suspension developed by CVRDE.
And secondly,no.Arjun MkII won't be cheaper,its stated price is 7+ million $ unit.

My humble submission, It doesn't matter how much our products cost to us. cuz our money will remain in side our country,exuding the parts we have imported, from a nation's perspective, It is free.

The New Fire Control Computer for Arjun tank..
tatapowersed27sfccmk22.jpg

tatapowersed27sfccmk21.jpg

For how long is this project going on now? I heard Arjunk was failed project? Could somebody inform me of the status of this tank?

Atatwolf status .
128 mk one delivered in service
Second order of 128 arjun mk ones ordered. Delivery 2014 to 2017.
Mk two arjun under develpment probably nos to delivered another 248 to 348 between 2018 and 2024.
Each arjun costs twice as much as t90 and is worth that much more in effectiveness. This is India's own version of leopard two tank Germany

For how long is this project going on now? I heard Arjunk was failed project? Could somebody inform me of the status of this tank?

Who said its a failed project? it had its hard times but not now. Already we are operating 128 arjun MK1 and now another 128 mk1 is under production(delivery starts form next year). And arjun mk2 is under development and IA will surely buy 248 to 372 minimum.

PEOPLE TALKING FROM THEIR ARSES.

THE ARJUN IS OUR VERY OWN ABRAHAMS LEOPARD & CHALLENGER of the western armies

it makes the enemies tanks look PUNEY in comparison

BEAUTIFUL TANK DESIGN

3_d8b717712154629.jpg

The project will continue until they want a new platform.

Mark 1 is done and inducted.

JfVLM.jpg

Now they are working on Mark 2.

Arjun-mark-II.jpg

arjun_mk_2_mbt_by_arkem8-d5sjm5a.png

imgarjun2crop2.jpg

6oJdW.jpg

arjun+2+1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom