What's new

Arjun Mk.2 to be tested by DRDO from May 10

It is premature to state that it would be better than Al Khalid. BTW...its Arjun Mk2...u should compare Arjun Mk 1 with Al Khalid 1...Ak is way better than Arjun for now cuz Arjun couldnt even make it to the indian army. If you wanna compare Arjun Mk 2 ..compare it with Al Khalid 2..which is yet to come.

DOn't u know why IA rejected Arjuna??? WHy they sabotaged the project. IA+Babu+Matajee they all get comiission in Foreign deal, while DRDO don't offer them bribe.

Arjun Mk.1 IS in service with IA at present 150 of 248 orders for Mk.1 have been delivered to IA with remaining MK.1s to be delivered by end of 2013.

Even if it is proved that Arjun is "a bit" less capable than the T90(Not gonna happen, i know it) , it still makes sense to go for indigenous tanks.. Which can be later upgraded to suit the requirements of the IA.. Indian people working to make Indian tanks = $$$ stay in India, people get jobs, IA happy because of no supply constraints = Everyone happy..!! (Except for some in MOD who wont be getting their share of the import per tank..!! :rolleyes:)

too slow man T-90 better to produce cheaper may be

Arjun Mk.1 was directly tested against the T-90S by IA in comparative field trails ~2 years ago and the T-90S was catergorically beaten in EVERY parameter be it mobility, firing accuracy, protection, lethality, situational awareness etc there was not a SINGLE parameter the T-90S came on top. And these trails were hard by the Mk.1 so the Mk.2 which is inherently an improvement on (a significant one at that) the Mk.1 is certainly going to be far better than the T-90.

i hope this has decent hunter killer system and major flaws like vulnerable side armor, breaking of suspension which were present in Mk1 are corrected

It is premature to state that it would be better than Al Khalid. BTW...its Arjun Mk2...u should compare Arjun Mk 1 with Al Khalid 1...Ak is way better than Arjun for now cuz Arjun couldnt even make it to the indian army. If you wanna compare Arjun Mk 2 ..compare it with Al Khalid 2..which is yet to come.

do i need to post this every time??:rolleyes:
start watching from 5:15 ,you will get your visual proof!

Last edited by a moderator:
gr8 news once arjun mk2 is 100% ready indian army's strength is gonna skyrocket and al-khalid LOL no comments

gr8 news once arjun mk2 is 100% ready indian army's strength is gonna skyrocket and al-khalid LOL no comments
Really man you should not have said that....:disagree:
Our Pakistani friends as it is need no provoking to start attacking Arjun, and now you have given them incentive......:disagree:
This post was really uncalled for...

Really man you should not have said that....:disagree:
Our Pakistani friends as it is need no provoking to start attacking Arjun, and now you have given them incentive......:disagree:
This post was really uncalled for...

post uncalled for???? check the first page

This testing process is idiotic.
DRDO and user ie IA should test it together and not separately. This will reduce the time in induction plus DRDO can get the feed back first hand. What's point of testing only by DRDO if IA will test it after DrDo is satisfied ???

We are more enthusiastic about defense than the military top brass are. Those corrupt generals have an obsession with foreign maal. Commission and under the table deals are the reasons.

If only IA was as enthusiastic about indigenization as the Navy, we'd be having a firm 900 Arjun MBT order rather than the tiny 496 (Mk1 and Mk2 both).

248 are in order...140+ in service. :rolleyes:

This testing process is idiotic.
DRDO and user ie IA should test it together and not separately. This will reduce the time in induction plus DRDO can get the feed back first hand. What's point of testing only by DRDO if IA will test it after DrDo is satisfied ???

Mate this is how pretty much ALL major defence programs operate, that is not to say there aren't IA officers on deputation to DRDO who are heavily involved in the project and oversee the project at every stage. The OEM and end user are going to have different objectives and hence different trails are needed and if there was this "joint" trail process who would decide on when and where these trails were carried out and what form the trails would take? Just because this is an indigenous product doesn't mean it shouldn't follow the same criteria as foreign purchases (ie evaluation and trail programme). The DRDO should deliver a product when they think they are finished and the produce is capable it is then the end-user will try it out and see if it meets their needs, if it doesn't they can make recommendations to the OEM so they can make modifications in order to secure the order.

300px-Mbt2000iii.jpg
Maddog

THE ARJUN IS A BEAST inj the indian army 124 in service & 124 more on order

DSC00045-711213.JPG

Just compare the SIZE of the mighty arjun versis the AL KHLAID

The popular pakistani argument for the al kalid is that the arjun will 'sink' in the sand.

Upgrade ~ Update

Goldberg ~ Greenberg ~ Iceberg : Dosent really matter..!! Titanic lies buried in the ocean anyhoo..!! :woot: :D

dear doctor,

i am sorry but i disagree with you here. for JUST TO UNDERSTAND, it is ok to write UPDATE in place of UPGRADE but..........

UPDATE is completely diferrent from UPGRADE. for example...

if you see the photos of lca tejas prototypes from TD, PV to LSP; you will notice minor changes in each plane. but still all are mk1 aircrafts. this is called UPDATE.

whereas new improved aircrafts will come in future called mk2. then it will be UPGRADE.

another example, if someone writes fcuk, then it is a name of an international brand. i can write it here but i can not write f**k here (if i replace ** with 2 other charactors). it is prohibited. means each word carries its own meaning.

if your computer is protected by anti-virus software, the definitions will be updated on regular basis and frequently. it is UPDATE. but it can not be converted into total internet security.

if you wish to convert it to total internet security, you must UPGRADE.

p.s.: please dont go through my number of posts. i am regular follower (daily viewer/reader) of PDF since more than 6 years now.

thanks and regards

Arjun Mk.1 IS in service with IA at present 150 of 248 orders for Mk.1 have been delivered to IA with remaining MK.1s to be delivered by end of 2013.

You read me wrong, or may be I was not clear enough. I know IA has ordered Arjuna MK-I. But my point was the incident which happen in 2007-10. I am talking bout these incidents.

With the September 2007 winter trials, the Indian army deemed Arjun's performance unsatisfactory, including at least four engine failures.[56] DRDO, on the other hand, insisted the tank was a viable choice for adoption and suggested the unsatisfactory performance of the engine during the winter trials was due to sabotage

The Army wrote in the report that during the "accelerated user-cum-reliability trials" in 2008, the Arjun "was found to have failure of power packs, low accuracy and consistency, failure of hydropneumatic suspension units, shearing of top rollers and chipping of gun barrels".[21] Sabotage was suspected, but the Army rejected that any sabotage happened during the trials

A later report published by the Government of India during the induction ceremony of the Arjun tank, confirms the success of the trial. "An independent evaluation of the tank by a reputed tank manufacturer found that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics."[60] DRDO installed an instrument to function as a black box in the Arjun, following attempts to "sabotage" its engine.

These Bas##### stopped sabotaging Arjuna after they got order of 1000+ T90 and heavy commission. Mata jee (Holy Mother) and her party ate Indian flesh. Now DRDO always look for the traitors, they don't allow IA personal to touch there weapons.

Link:Sabotage suspected in Arjun tank engine; black box installed - Thaindian News

Back
Top Bottom