What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

Have followed that guys posts else where also. There is also the matter of a certain Israeli Maj. Gen. (who is known as the father of their tanks) who was in India in 2010 and was on record with his views on the Arjun. One of the things that the Israelis were interested in was the "Kanchan" armor.

You are right, not only Kanchan armor they were so impressed by the tank that they named it 'desert ferrari'. Now IA hired them to 'certify' the tank!!! Isn't that ironic!!! :cry:

So basically the isreali have made "your" tank?

How do you get that from what you just supposedly read??

The article clearly states how the ISREALIS were impressed by the INDIAN developments on the tank :
- The reactive armour
-The hydraulic system
-The rifle and gun development

Either you are a complete idiot who is unable to speak and understand plain English or you are an ignorant troll who will argue against ALL Indian achievements no matter what they are because of your own insecurities about your own country (don't hide behind your false flag we all know who you represent)

So which one is it (I person all think we know the answer!)

On paper it was suppose to be the best tank in south asia- but it is not-
can you guys post some credible source?
or its just another "welcome me back" thread" to collect more thanks? :whistle:

On paper it was suppose to be the best tank in south asia- but it is not-
can you guys post some credible source?
or its just another "welcome me back" thread?

Few minutes that are spent in reading the opening post fully and understanding it before hitting the reply button is TIME WELL SPENT.

Where is the Link for this article?

The language used in the article doesn't sound of a professional but a street vendor , this person has never been in An Alkhalid but still he has words to say which truly is nothing more than assumptions on how capable AK really is against Arjunk.

Pakistan Army Refused M1 Abrahams , you could tell the level of our expectations from a tank such as Al Khalid. Army would never mass produce a tank which never met operational requirements and proved itself in the battlefield.

Arjun a has a bigger engine but weights over 13 tonnes more than Al Khalid.

Speed is almost the same of both tanks.

Arjun has a 120mm main rifled tank gun which has to be loaded "mannually" where Al Khalid has an Automatic Loading 125mm smooth bore gun.

The operational range is almost ideantical of both vehicles.

Both vehicles use Night vision and Thermal imaging devices to acquire Targets.

Al Khalid uses Data link which can communicate Tank footage and vital coordinates with other units around ie UAV/UCAVs , APCs , Fighter Jets , Cobra Gunships and artilliry command centers.

Arjun has no Data link , not that i am aware of at least !

Both vehicles carry similar 7.62mm and 12.7mm Machine guns.

Both can fire Guided Missiles from their main gun.

Al Khalid has a power-to-weight ratio of 26.66 hp/tonne gives acceleration from 0 to 32 km/h (0 to 20 mph) in 10 seconds and a maximum speed of 70 km/h, the speed and agility also helping to improve survivability which is greater than that of Arjun's.

Al Khalid has a Rate of fire/minute of 8 where Arjun's Rate of fire/minute is 6.

Al Khalid has been in Mass production which Arjun is yet to see , so far as many as 220 Al Khalid and Al Khalid 01 have been delivered to Pakistan Army.

Al Khalid takes only 3 crew to operate the Machine while Arjun Takes 4 hence making it more expensive to operate , heavy and risks more lives.

Israelis have a history of exaggerating their hardware , i mean let me ask if Arjun is better than merkava in the mind of our little Israeli , why doesn't israeli military buy this super dooper Tank to replace their merkava which is now considered to be a failure ?

All of you Indians can have fun with thinking that "oh yea this Israeli fellow isn't talking nonsense - Arjun is much better than Al Khalid " -- all of the above quoted comparison is based on FACTS not Assumptions and only a battle will tell who has more guts - till then go to sleep and have sweet dreams about Arjuns superiority over Al Khalid while we work on a newer much advanced Al Khalid II.

i have always been confident abt arjun's abilities ever since it beat t-90 in competetion. i can vouch for only one thing first hand, the interiors r really comfy.

Where is the Link for this article?

The language used in the article doesn't sound of a professional but a street vendor , this person has never been in An Alkhalid but still he has words to say which truly is nothing more than assumptions on how capable AK really is against Arjunk.

Pakistan Army Refused M1 Abrahams , you could tell the level of our expectations from a tank such as Al Khalid. Army would never mass produce a tank which never met operational requirements and proved itself in the battlefield.

Israelis have a history of exaggerating their hardware , i mean let me ask if Arjunk is better than merkava in the mind of our little Israeli , why doesn't israeli buy this super dooper Tank to replace their merkava which is now considered to be a failure ?

All of you Indians can have fun with thinking that "oh yea this israeli fellow isn't talking nonsense - Arjunk is much better than Al Khalid " -- all of the above quoted comparison is based on FACTS not Assumptions and only a battle will tell who has more guts - till then go to sleep and have sweet dreams about Arjunks superiority over Al Khalid while we work on a newer much advanced Al Khalid II.

Yeah the Pakistani army rejected the Abrams because there's no way in hell that you could afford to buy more than about 12 of them, the fuel costs alone would cripple their budget as either you chose the diesel powered version which Australia, Saud, Eygpt and Kuwait use which is like 8 GALLONS A MILE or the gas turbine jet engine which the U.S Army uses which is about the same but is MUCH more powerful but jet fuel costs about 4 times that of normal diesel.

Don't make out it was because it didn't meet your 'stringent' technical requirements but the Al-Khalid did, there is no SANE expert on earth who would say the Al-Khalid was better than the Abrams, it was simply down to $$$

India on the other hand could probably afford the Abrams in relatively large numbers (the Arjun costs only slightly less than the Abrams) but chose to develop an indigenous tank instead because that is their strategy- to try and make as much indigenous hardware as possible + the fact that when the Arjun development started (late 1980s) India's finances were in a bit of a pickle and their relationship with the US was not as strong as it is today.

I have an idea (to how the Pakistanis can get it)...when the crew falls to sleep driving this beast - due to its crew comfort...you could run to it and shove some tnt between the hull and the chaise

#3 I just saw the interior picture of Al khaled. You have a serious problem here. Is that a prototype or the finished product? I am serious , i really need to know this.

I truly hope that it is not a finished product. If it is, my god " the very Question that arjune is a better tank is a understatement. You have no idea what you have here lads. Even if the idea is a "will get the job done and cheap to produce" Al Khaled can be mass produced is the idea of Pakistani Armour....etc etc....WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING?

Someone here tell me what is the purpose of Al-k...isit supposed to take on the inferior Indian tanks and put the t-80 against the arjun (still crazy - Russian admit it will eat the t-90) ok maybe its a attempt by Pakistan to atleast get hold of technologies to create a tank..etc etc
the nuts and bolts in alkhalid will kill the crew if a HESH round even nicked it. moreso the LR-APFSDS will cut like butter the armour....you guys better get some good reactive armour on this tiny thing. please any experts here..
i really wish to ask some questions on the al-khaled.

This is the reason i dont believe it- it looks like a fan boy trying to amuse 1 billion fan boys of india- and doing a pretty good job-

This is the reason i dont believe it- it looks like a fan boy trying to amuse 1 billion fan boys of india- and doing a pretty good job-

Its a fair reason brother just like single engine jet and twin engines ones. Single engines are cheaper than twin ones but are less reliable to in the same way al khalid is cheaper and meant to be produced in numbers to counter the threat

XiNiX -- Welcome back and i dnt believe you will come with that exciting thread. You always Rock Brother.
HEAD OF YOU from my both hand

Its a fair reason brother just like single engine jet and twin engines ones. Single engines are cheaper than twin ones but are less reliable to in the same way al khalid is cheaper and meant to be produced in numbers to counter the threat

Bhai- read the post of black blood- Al-Khalid the cheaper tank has more fire power than Arjun k a expensive tank-

Yeah the Pakistani army rejected the Abrams because there's no way in hell that you could afford to buy more than about 12 of them, the fuel costs alone would cripple their budget as either you chose the diesel powered version which Australia, Saud, Eygpt and Kuwait use which is like 8 GALLONS A MILE or the gas turbine jet engine which the U.S Army uses which is about the same but is MUCH more powerful but jet fuel costs about 4 times that of normal diesel.

Don't make out it was because it didn't meet your 'stringent' technical requirements but the Al-Khalid did, there is no SANE expert on earth who would say the Al-Khalid was better than the Abrams, it was simply down to $$$

India on the other hand could probably afford the Abrams in relatively large numbers (the Arjun costs only slightly less than the Abrams) but chose to develop an indigenous tank instead because that is their strategy- to try and make as much indigenous hardware as possible + the fact that when the Arjun development started (late 1980s) India's finances were in a bit of a pickle and their relationship with the US was not as strong as it is today.

i hope black blood doesn't turn into red due to fury after reading this post. :lol:

i hope black blood doesn't turn into red due to fury after reading this post. :lol:

Yup these type of posts cheer you up- exactly this is what the fan boy in OP did- Keep on cheering- reality gonna struck later-

Back
Top Bottom