What's new

Arguments of choosing JF-17 Thunder over JAS-39 Gripen

No Gripen will not fly in Pakistan. PAF wants a 5th generation jet not another 4th generation jet. J-10 is already available to us, but PAF is not interested in J-10 which is another 4th generation jet. All eyes are now on J-20 and J-31 because PAF wants stealth jets.

No, thank you. But Sweden should send us more Saab Erieyes, that's all.

No Gripen will not fly in Pakistan. PAF wants a 5th generation jet not another 4th generation jet. J-10 is already available to us, but PAF is not interested in J-10 which is another 4th generation jet. All eyes are now on J-20 and J-31 because PAF wants stealth jets.
@Windjammer comments please................?

@Windjammer comments please................?
The news of Pakistan acquiring Grippens was pretty hot a decade earlier while the F-16s were under embargo, i believe the PAF even tested it but once the F-16s became available, the idea was dropped, though capable aircraft but no where near the Block-52 class.

Gripens for Pakistan ?

Its difficult,,,at least till pakistan is still paying back the world bank loans.
Those guys will never allow pakistan to pen such big deal and relapse on the loan amount,,,,,but 5 years down the line who knows??

But i think pakistan would be saving money for j-31 to counter pakfa and rafale of IAF in the future

I have to agree with Windjammer. Indeed already tested and it is openly said that we copied their pilot interface. Besides that you do not want to have it. It is not that cheap (South Africa has parked it) and others have lease construction. Do you really want US engine and lots of UK parts? I think it is a bigger risk then buying something French, Chinese. Russian, US so what makes you trust Saab? Even then we have to look how onesided their policy is. They offered NG to India but do not want to sell us "offensive" weapons. Hypocrisy... Don't buy it. Copy it.

And indeed our block3 is probably Gripen NG level. So why throwing away cash? I do not think we would get all the weapons to put on Gripen....

Gripen is very capable and state of the art plane, however, it will be better for PAF to keep evolving JF-17. Although, they can try to use the components from Gripen such as radar, avionics etc to make it lethal fighter.

I don't know why PAF is not opting for JAS Griphen or dassault Rafales, but PAF had tested Rafales, I don't know why they left it out.

DSC08206.jpg

I don't know why PAF is not opting for JAS Griphen or dassault Rafales, but PAF had tested Rafales, I don't know why they left it out.

DSC08206.jpg
Everyone tests as much as possible... But no one has unlimited cash

Back
Top Bottom