What's new

Argentina chooses second hand Kfir over JF-17, Gripen.

Myanmar already made a huge order, I dont think the production line of JF-17 can keep up with more demand.

They wanted something more potent like the J10's but could not afford it, hence they were interested in JF-17's unfortunately they could not afford the JF-17 B and also the limitation of French engine and no anti ship missile also played a part. The kfir block60 saves them training time and would have some where around 4000-5000 hrs of life.

Second had jets with life of 4000 - 5000 flying hours? That's too good to be true, it's more then the JF-17's lifespan (minus mid-life upgrade).

Hi,

The cost of the JF 17 will be much much higher than the 25 million dollars per plane---you have to count in the weapons---training etc etc etc---which might come close to 75 million a plane all packages included---or maybe 100 million a pop.

I think that Pakistani/Chinese imparted training would also be a lot cheaper then the western training and so would be the armament. Overall, the price of the package may not be 25 Mil/unit but it would still overall be atleast half - quarter of the cost of rivals.

Myanmar already made a huge order, I dont think the production line of JF-17 can keep up with more demand.

Has the country been revealed? And the order is for 18 Jets right? Not a big order

Hi,

Yeah----at possibly at 5 - 8 millions a piece----Kfir would be a great deal for them and their needs.
But its very crapy AF rebuild after Falkland war . There direct rival is UK sea power. Kfir has no chance, This time. Britain won t spare them....They will make sure to destroy every weapon in the air and on the ground.

Second had jets with life of 4000 - 5000 flying hours? That's too good to be true, it's more then the JF-17's lifespan (minus mid-life upgrade).

I think that Pakistani/Chinese imparted training would also be a lot cheaper then the western training and so would be the armament. Overall, the price of the package may not be 25 Mil/unit but it would still overall be atleast half - quarter of the cost of rivals.

Has the country been revealed? And the order is for 18 Jets right? Not a big order

Hi,

I think the total package would be close to or around around 75-85 million per aircraft on average including the weapons package and training,

No evidence this has any truth to it. We have not seen any sort of hint that this is true. On top of that, defense news is notorious for jumping the shark.

Better for them to opt for F-16s Block-60s and about 100s of them as EU equipment won't be as cheap as it sounds. Also, there is a big issue with Britain if they buy EF-2000s or JAS-39s and even EU can pressurize France over Rafaels too. So, best is F-16s Block-60 class.

The JF 17, with its operational radius is not something larger countries will buy in my opinion. Argentina is a very large country and needs a twin engine fighter with larger radius. The Kfir deal if confirmed, is a mistake and a big one.

thats a lot of money to buy JF instead they would go for Sukois family

Hello superstar,

That will run into around 100 to 125 million per aircraft for a total weapons and training package-----for SU 30. The per hr operating cost of JF 17 is around 2-2500 dollars---the SU 30 is around 20000 to 30000 dollars per hr---and to top it off---the SU 30 has around 50% down time as well.

The Sukhois would cost triple the amount, with no guarantee of on time support services (as is India's experience).
The Indian plane is a consortium of different countries which is why a great fighter is facing troubles. It has French, Israeli and Russian sub systems which are proving difficult to synchronise.

Sir, I have reduced the hours due to the difficulties faced by Argentine Air Force.

Though this is what the article states:

Whether or not Israeli Kfir C2s could carry Gabriel Mk.III anti-ship missiles, Argentina doesn’t have any, and any sale by Israel would have serious diplomatic repercussions. Refurbished Kfirs are reportedly restored to 8,000 safe flight-hours hours under warranty, meaning the plane can easily serve for 20-30 years. “Sources: Defense Update, “At 40 Years of age, Kfir Turns into a “Networked Fighter”” | Israeli Air Force, “Roaring Back”.

Two to Tango? Argentina Looking Everywhere for New Warplanes

The Kfir deal if confirmed, is a mistake and a big one.

Why ?

They are going to get Kfir block 60. The price is $ 20mil per piece...
✬ IAI Kfir Block 60 ✬ // Israel´s Fighter Aircraft - HD - PlayIt.pk

Hello superstar,

That will run into around 100 to 125 million per aircraft for a total weapons and training package-----for SU 30. The per hr operating cost of JF 17 is around 2-2500 dollars---the SU 30 is around 20000 to 30000 dollars per hr---and to top it off---the SU 30 has around 50% down time as well.

But the numbers can br reduced drastically too if its su 30 . With 30 mil a piece wonder how yoy came up with 130 million bill .Lots lesser than your quote which could be around 60-80 millions which me be the same cost of JF17 with weopons . Because the production cost ofsukois are less

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom