What's new

Are Seraiki people a sub group of punjabis or are they there own ethnicity?

Saraiki are a sub-group of Punjabis, they just have their own language. By paharis/mirpuris im guessing you mean potwhari, im from there and its just a language, otherwise we are all Punjabi. :D

Yes most in Punjab call Seriakis as sub group of Punjabis... everything of Seriaki is Punjabi except a different dialect / language.

Seraiki is basically a language mixture of Punjabi and Sindhi and most spoken in areas at interface / borders of both the provinces. Seraiki is not an ethnicity but people speaking this language are called Seraiki also.

Seraiki is basically a language mixture of Punjabi and Sindhi and most spoken in areas at interface / borders of both the provinces. Seraiki is not an ethnicity but people speaking this language are called Seraiki also.

And yet the castes,quoms of Waseeb are not found in other parts of Panjab..

No Bosans,Buchas,Joiyas etc are found in central or upper Panjab and are distinct to SP/Waseeb.

In India, I have seen people from various castes claiming that they are Kshatriyas as each of them may have ruled the region at different points of time in the history.

Seems like in Pakistan every one wants to claim that they are Punjabi as it has the equivalency of being Kshatriyas.

In India, I have seen people from various castes claiming that they are Kshatriyas as each of them may have ruled the region at different points of time in the history.

Seems like in Pakistan every one wants to claim that they are Punjabi as it has the equivalency of being Kshatriyas.

:omghaha:

Pakistan doesnt have castes, and people don't 'claim' they are punjabi, they just acknowledge that they are.

On the other hand, people do claim they are decended from a particular tribe, or are rajput, or jatt, but thats not the same thing.

And yet the castes,quoms of Waseeb are not found in other parts of Panjab..

No Bosans,Buchas,Joiyas etc are found in central or upper Panjab and are distinct to SP/Waseeb.

Basically Punjabis are first defined from the region, Punj -ab land of five rivers. One is Punjabi firstly due to the region Punjab it belongs to, region of birth / settlement, then comes the Punjabi language, traditions, caste, sub groups like sariaki, potohari etc...hence so forth.

There is now a growing trend that everyone who was born, settled in Punjab starts to call himself/herself Punjabi. It is natural in Pakistan if u r Punjabi you are better overall...better job and living oppurtunities, better quotas etc... A lot of proud superiority complex and bravado history with alot of money has created this impression of Superior Punjabi. I feel are Punjabibis equal to Paktoon, Balochi, Sindhi, Kashmiri anyone. We are all muslims and humans first.

Basically Punjabis are first defined from the region, Punj -ab land of five rivers. One is Punjabi firstly due to the region Punjab it belongs to, birth, then comes the Punjabi language, traditions, caste, sub groups like sariaki, potohari etc...hence so forth.

There is now a growibg trend that everyobe who was born, birth in Punjab starts to call himself Punjabi. It is natural in Pakistan if u r Punjabi you are better overall. A lot of proud superiority conplex and bravado history with alot of money has created this impression. I feel Punjabibis equal to Paktoon, Balochi, Sindhi, Kashmiri anyone. We are all muslims and humans first.
Don't make me laugh.. It's generally the other ethnic groups that are into the whole superiority complex rather than Panjabisz

Don't make me laugh.. It's generally the other ethnic groups that are into the whole superiority complex rather than Panjabisz

When one is left behind, a sense of anger and jealousy develops, i am telling u wat normal Punjabis actually think and feel, they donot say out loud of superiority since Punjabis donot feel handicapped or isolated as do the others do. Others show their frustration and desperation of claiming supiority, since they have not been able to stand up in progress and success.

A perfect example is look at the Afghanis attitude towards Pakistanis.....i actually pity the Afghanis poor desparate state.

When one is left behind, a sense of anger and jealousy develops, i am telling u wat normal Punjabis actually think and feel, they donot say out loud of superiority since Punjabis donot feel handicapped or isolated as do the others do. Others show their frustration and desperation of claiming supiority, since they have not been able to stand up in progress and success.

A perfect example is look at the Afghanis attitude towards Pakistanis.....i actually pity the Afghanis poor desparate state.

Actually in other provinces Panjabis are made fun off...

People who are proudly claiming how they even consider speaking their own language as a sign of illiteracy.

Nobody cares about Panjab .. What provinces hate is the huge development budget gobbled by Panjab thanks to population.

That's something that needs to be thrown into the garbage.

Have no doubt but look at this kid spreading his nonsense.

Actually in other provinces Panjabis are made fun off...

People who are proudly claiming how they even consider speaking their own language as a sign of illiteracy.

Nobody cares about Panjab .. What provinces hate is the huge development budget gobbled by Panjab thanks to population.

Have no doubt but look at this kid spreading his nonsense.

Does it even matter what others think...or lets put it that way what an Afghani thinks about a Pakistani.

One thing that matters is rather than blaming ur own ills in the respective provinces onto others be like the rich better off, much greater developed 100 m populace Punjab province. Weaning and crying won't take the respective provinces far. It has limited value. Its like an Afghani out of his own weakness, inferiority and desparation keeps barking at US or Pakistan but who really gives a sh*t about it. Nobody help those who donot help themselves...that is y Afghanistan is as it is now, a failed, crippled state for the past so many decades whom any country invade and rape it on its own will.

Does it even matter what others think...or lets put it that way what an Afghani thinks about a Pakistani.

And now your tiny brain is compelling you to equate other ethnic groups to afghans or indians?

Without us there is no Pakistan either.. Panjab ki 32 bana lena.
One thing that matters is rather than blaming ur own ills in the respective provinces onto others be like the rich better off, much greater developed 100 m populace Punjab province.

Puttar do you see me complaining ? Personally I might be more successful than your entire familia.

Weaning and crying won't take the respective provinces far. It has limited value. Its like an Afghani out of his own weakness, inferiority and desparation keeps barking at US or Pakistan but who really gives a sh*t about it. Nobody help those who donot help themselves...that is y Afghanistan is as it is now, a failed, crippled state for the past so many decades whom any country invade and rape it on its own will.

And guess what an afghani is yet more proud of his ancestors,his culture and language than mummy daddy clowns who hate their own culture,language and traditions... Those most of whom were ruled by other people for the mast hundreds of years ... Those who didn't even make Pakistan who act as if Pakistan is their Baap ko jagir... Those who "fancy dreams" about a superiority complex towards other ethnic groups lol.

Beta .. First be proud of your "own" language before talking shyt about others and your false pride.

Same with pahari (mirpuri) people are we punjabi or not?
There is no one seraiki or pothwari they too have dialect for example the one spoken in Rahimyarkhan is way different from the one spoken in Multan

Back
Top Bottom