What's new

Wtf is "Seraiki" or "Hindko" identity????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily identify a sialkoti from his language style.
Both gujranwala and sialkot have different dialect:lol::omghaha: even they are too far from each other.
You need to visit Azad Kashmir and Check out their Dialects. Theres a whole new Language between the baghi boyz and the Masairs of a Rawalakot

I think some one needs a road trip document every village/city with different dialects and culture , i think it will take no more then few years to complete.

Complacency won't last forever. Just as Baloch have the BLA, Pashtuns have PTM, and Sindhis have the SLA, soon Punjabis will start to develop ethno-jingoistic tendencies as well.

And we both know what sort of disaster that will spell for Pakistan if it happens. The largest ethnic group in the country can only stay quiet for so long.

Yarra do you hate us? why would you link us with PTM? Our party is only PTI.

Whats wrong with people cherishing something they want to beling to?
Celebrate with them. Culture and Art brings happiness. Why this reactivity?
Even in central punjab you will find so much difference in a Lahori , Faisalabadi , Jhangvi , Chinioti etc. Its diversity , Whats wrong with it.
And i agree on City states. Its the only solution to Most of Problems in Pakistan.

Why are some people acting like these groups are not just sub-communities of Punjabis? It's so weird, a few hundred years ago or even just a couple of decades ago they would have all been called Punjabis. Who concocted these made-up ethnic groups? Why would anyone identify with them?

I can't think of a single "Seraiki" or "Hindko" dynasty, poet, ideologue, etc who exists in the history books. All such people simply called themselves Punjabis (or, more broadly, Indo-Aryans). There is no basis for any of this. It just seems like a desperate ploy to carve the Punjab, and before someone says "muh vote bank too big", why not just make Lahore, Karachi and other big cities their own independent territories like Islamabad, as opposed to cutting up provinces along such arbitrarily made-up identities?
It’s an complicated matter. All comes down to the weakness of Punjabi identity. There are Marwari, Balochi, Punjabi and Seraiki first language speakers in Sindh identifying as Sindhis. 30% of Sindhis don’t even speak Sindhi as first language but as second language. Same with Baloch identity where there are Brahvi and Dehwar first language speakers identifying as Baloch.

Punjabi identity has been made weak. Punjabi language is not taught and is not language of administration. While Pashto and Sindhi languages are taught and are in administration of their respective province.

There’s also intellectuals. Where these ethnic identities are developed and matured into what they are today teaching them concept of one people with same history, culture and language. Sindhis had GM Syed while Pashtuns had Bacha Khan. Punjabi intellectuals like Allama Iqbal and Faiz Ahmed Faiz never bothered to write in Punjabi despite being one themselves. They instead wrote in foreign languages.

Punjabis (or Majhis) suffer from immense inferiority complex which led to independent identity popping up like Seraikis, Hindkos and AJK Potoharis (claiming to be Kashmiri despite not speaking Kosher). There’s also recent making of Potohari as separate language in census. Mianwali district used to be 90% Punjabi in 1998 census but changed their language to Seraiki in 2017 census. We may see other districts in Punjab switching as well.

Yarra do you hate us? why would you link us with PTM? Our party is only PTI.

People on this forum seem a wee-bit naïve about all the ethnic tension simmering in Pak these days, refusing to address it is just going to lead to another 1971. It's not about blaming any particular ethnic group, but broadly speaking, the powers at be are not doing much to address it, and certain nationalists burying their heads in the sand is not an apt solution either.

It’s an complicated matter. All comes down to the weakness of Punjabi identity. There are Marwari, Balochi, Punjabi and Seraiki first language speakers in Sindh identifying as Sindhis. 30% of Sindhis don’t even speak Sindhi as first language but as second language. Same with Baloch identity where there are Brahvi and Dehwar first language speakers identifying as Baloch.

Punjabi identity has been made weak. Punjabi language is not taught and is not language of administration. While Pashto and Sindhi languages are taught and are in administration of their respective province.

There’s also intellectuals. Where these ethnic identities are developed and matured into what they are today teaching them concept of one people with same history, culture and language. Sindhis had GM Syed while Pashtuns had Bacha Khan. Punjabi intellectuals like Allama Iqbal and Faiz Ahmed Faiz never bothered to write in Punjabi despite being one themselves. They instead wrote in foreign languages.

Punjabis (or Majhis) suffer from immense inferiority complex which led to independent identity popping up like Seraikis, Hindkos and AJK Potoharis (claiming to be Kashmiri despite not speaking Kosher). There’s also recent making of Potohari as separate language in census. Mianwali district used to be 90% Punjabi in 1998 census but changed their language to Seraiki in 2017 census. We may see other districts in Punjab switching as well.

Whilst I would quibble with some specifics (e.g Iqbal did write in Punjabi), this is more or less true. The Punjab has gotten a very raw-end of the stick culturally speaking, but people seem to think that this is ok just because we're sizeable enough to bludgeon everyone else if we really want to.

Over time, things will naturally correct themselves if people refuse to pay attention.

You won't be laughing when reality hits you hard, but ok - keep letting Pakistan disintegrate
Personally I don’t think Punjabis or Hindustani Muhajirs would ever go anti-Pakistan. Hindustani Muhajirs because that’s an existential threat to them learning from 1971 when they were exterminated from Bangladesh.

While Punjabis are now too much into this Pakistan project even going to lengths as all together neglecting their language and instead speaking an foreign language where the new generation doesn’t even speak Punjabi. Punjabis are also the majority, they rule it and benefit from being in Pakistan with free sea access and natural resources to fulfill needs of its huge population. There’s also no Punjabi ethno-nationalist organizations. I don’t know about future but I don’t see it as possibility.

Personally I don’t think Punjabis or Hindustani Muhajirs would ever go anti-Pakistan. Hindustani Muhajirs because that’s an existential threat to them learning from 1971 when they were exterminated from Bangladesh.

While Punjabis are now too much into this Pakistan project even going to lengths as all together neglecting their language and instead speaking an foreign language where the new generation doesn’t even speak Punjabi. Punjabis are also the majority, they rule it and benefit from being in Pakistan with free sea access and natural resources to fulfill needs of its huge population. There’s also no Punjabi ethno-nationalist organizations. I don’t know about future but I don’t see it as possibility.

Yeah I don't think that would happen but what I do see happening is Punjabis becoming more and more vitriolic towards other ethnic groups.

Every 3rd Punjabi from back home that ik now has a serious grudge against Pathans and Muhajirs, granted, neither of these prejudices are anything new. They're just increasing in popularity.

As far as Punjabi as a language is concerned, people do still speak it and I don't think that's ever going to be a problem, but the issue is more so an underappreciation of the language. It shouldn't just be spoken at home, it should be used at an administrative level as well.

People on this forum seem a wee-bit naïve about all the ethnic tension simmering in Pak these days, refusing to address it is just going to lead to another 1971. It's not about blaming any particular ethnic group, but broadly speaking, the powers at be are not doing much to address it, and certain nationalists burying their heads in the sand is not an

All that might be true, but i am still hurt coz you linked us with PTM.

lies and BS to divide Punjab, 70 years of Pakistan has weekend Punjabi identity- both should be given a stick up their backside so they come back to their senses
Pakistan should be decentralized further-18th amendment great step in the right direction
, Punjab be divided in 2-3 provinces (not along BS newly created "languages" but along the geographical name, like potohar, or north Punjab, Bahawalpur or south Punjab and then punjabiyat should be promoted
rn its nothing short of a cultural genocide going on in Punjab- we should recognize the danger and get together before its too late

Last edited:
Insecure industanis creating more fake identities to feel important lmao...In few years time , these seraiki will claim 5000 years culture garbage just like these stupid sindhis do yet their own people live in abject poverty that is worse than somalia/afghanistan and both (sindhis and seraikis) come to Karachi for jobs.... Btw , most of these seraiki people are criminals and rapists and do nothing except rob people in Karachi......

Loser industanis and their unending quests to create more fake identities to feel important .. PAthetic.

99% do

Lol...

Most of the seraiki / sindhi / punjabi women want to marry muhajirs due to their sophistication and high culture and general emancipation of women.... We don't torture , subjugate and keep women in shackles. We have an evolved tahzeeb than even 5000 year old won't be able to compare themselves too.....

Kya Pakistan main koi aik aysi ethnicity ha jis sa tum ko problem na ho

Mujhe sab se pyar hai isliyeh tou positive criticism karta hon....Dil par nah le meri jaan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom