What's new

Are Pashtuns in majority?

Brother your list is wrong from top to bottom.
Kindly do some research before posting.
Sorry - I skimmed through and found some are wrong; but still - the list shows that our Government is and was never Punjabi dominated.

not actually in large number, the fighter Afghan taliban draw from pakistan are actually from tribal pashtun, other are very scare. but the artisan class and the non tribal pashtun filled the ranks of pakistani taliban in swat and buner back in those days.
another things about the non tribal pashtun is they dislike and hate the IDPs who are refugee in their area. they are extremely hateful against them, may be they are feeling insecure about their presence in their areas. but this hate coming from non tribal is increasing the barrier between the IDPs and the host tribal pashtun, which will be problematic in future..
Afghan Taliban draw fighters from Afghanistan not Pakistan. Pakistan Taliban recruit fighters from Central Asia and Afghan refugees.

And no, IDPs have been treated with warmth - it is the Afghan refugees who have taken the brunt. IDPs are our own people.

Sorry - I skimmed through and found some are wrong; but still - the list shows that our Government is and was never Punjabi dominated.

Afghan Taliban draw fighters from Afghanistan not Pakistan. Pakistan Taliban recruit fighters from Central Asia and Afghan refugees.

And no, IDPs have been treated with warmth - it is the Afghan refugees who have taken the brunt. IDPs are our own people.
talwar e paistan live from america, it's ok if that makes you happy.

That is the weirdest thing I ever heard. Saying Pakhtoon or Pashtun depends on the dialect of Pashto a person speaks. The hard K instead of S is common in certain parts of Pakistan. Afghan nationals have a constant urge to label Pakistani pashtuns urdu-ized when they themselves are farsi speakers and are gradually kicked out of rulership by Tajiks and Hazaras.
Why you are taking aim at him?, its this Taimoor Khan fella who feels that Sheen dialect of Pashto is "gay". Out of his ignorance, that Sheen dialect is only spoken in Afghanistan, he fired a stupid shot at Afghan-Pashtuns, but it missed as i reminded him that Sheen dialect is also widely spoken in Pakistan. In fact, the birth place of Pashto i.e Sherani belt and Zhob speaks soft sheen variant of Pashto. And all the hard dialect speakers were also once sheen dialect speakers, for Ghoria Khel and Khashi khel confederations of tribes have migrated from Southern Afghanistan. Its not so hard to figure out that Pashto is original and Pakhto is dialectal modification. For example Hard dialect even converts/corrupts/modify the Persian loan words.......for example "Hoshiar" (one with presence of mind) is modified into "hokhiar". "Chadar" (sheet) is modified into "tsadar".

So mocking Sheen dialect of Pashto for being Persianized is rather dumb and stupid. Its not just this Taimoor Khan , our @Spring Onion on occasions have said the same stuff, with intention of insulting Afghan-Pashtuns while totally forgetting that it is also widely spoken in Pakistan, and its original rather than an influence from farsi.

Why you are taking aim at him?, its this Taimoor Khan fella who feels that Sheen dialect of Pashto is "gay". Out of his ignorance, that Sheen dialect is only spoken in Afghanistan, he fired a stupid shot at Afghan-Pashtuns, but it missed as i reminded him that Sheen dialect is also widely spoken in Pakistan. In fact, the birth place of Pashto i.e Sherani belt and Zhob speaks soft sheen variant of Pashto. And all the hard dialect speakers were also once sheen dialect speakers, for Ghoria Khel and Khashi khel confederations of tribes have migrated from Southern Afghanistan. Its not so hard to figure out that Pashto is original and Pakhto is dialectal modification. For example Hard dialect even converts/corrupts/modify the Persian loan words.......for example "Hoshiar" (one with presence of mind) is modified into "hokhiar". "Chadar" (sheet) is modified into "tsadar".

So mocking Sheen dialect of Pashto for being Persianized is rather dumb and stupid. Its not just this Taimoor Khan , our @Spring Onion on occasions have said the same stuff, with intention of insulting Afghan-Pashtuns while totally forgetting that it is also widely spoken in Pakistan, and its original rather than an influence from farsi.

Pashto is Pashto spoken with the hard K dialect or S dialect. It does not matter which one is spoken.

It would be good if you first acknowledged from where exactly all the hatred is coming from-the ungrateful Afghan or the mistreated Pakistani. No one does these comparisons other than them and the only point there could be differences is Pakistan reserves the right to kick Afghan nationals out for their support for terrorism and drug and weapon influxes in the country.. Despite sympathy of Pashtuns on lar side for them Afghan nationals, mostly the Pashtuns of Afghanistan only have only the choicest of abuses for Pakistan.

For Abdur Rehman Khan's policy why should the Pakistani pashtun be made victim. He signed a deal with the British that divided the land and what cemented the lar Pashtuns patriotism towards Pakistan was the arrogance of the Afghan who drove Pashtuns away when they came and asked for Afghanistan's help against the British. So you better explain this to your Afghan friends who only enjoy abusing Pakistan. Now when Pashtuns on our side are richer and more educated they want to unite ad throw the durand line away-a line they themselves created under Abdur Rehman Khan. Their lack of balls to fight the British divided Pashtuns forever while the Pashtuns on our side kept fighting. The rebellions and efforts of people from Palay Khan, Faqir of Ipi to Mehsud and Wazir rebellions prove that. Yet they call us cowards only for being Pakistani.

If you stopped being an Afghan apologist you would see things like any normal Pakistani regardless of ethnicity.

I agree with that. The country never was Punjabi dominated. This is a myth promoted to weaken the Pakistani union.

Lol we urdu speaking aren't that bad, men are men they'll marry whomever steals their hearts - we don't have tribes or castes but rarely we do but then those aren't actually urdu speakers they're usual memons/gujratis/etc most 'Urdu speaking' of Karachi are already mixed, my grand dad was pushtun the rest all various ethnicity.

Mohajirs are most open among all communities for marriage in other ethnic group..

Pashto is Pashto spoken with the hard K dialect or S dialect. It does not matter which one is spoken.

It would be good if you first acknowledged from where exactly all the hatred is coming from-the ungrateful Afghan or the mistreated Pakistani. No one does these comparisons other than them and the only point there could be differences is Pakistan reserves the right to kick Afghan nationals out for their support for terrorism and drug and weapon influxes in the country.. Despite sympathy of Pashtuns on lar side for them Afghan nationals, mostly the Pashtuns of Afghanistan only have only the choicest of abuses for Pakistan.

For Abdur Rehman Khan's policy why should the Pakistani pashtun be made victim. He signed a deal with the British that divided the land and what cemented the lar Pashtuns patriotism towards Pakistan was the arrogance of the Afghan who drove Pashtuns away when they came and asked for Afghanistan's help against the British. So you better explain this to your Afghan friends who only enjoy abusing Pakistan. Now when Pashtuns on our side are richer and more educated they want to unite ad throw the durand line away-a line they themselves created under Abdur Rehman Khan. Their lack of balls to fight the British divided Pashtuns forever while the Pashtuns on our side kept fighting. The rebellions and efforts of people from Palay Khan, Faqir of Ipi to Mehsud and Wazir rebellions prove that. Yet they call us cowards only for being Pakistani.

If you stopped being an Afghan apologist you would see things like any normal Pakistani regardless of ethnicity.

I agree with that. The country never was Punjabi dominated. This is a myth promoted to weaken the Pakistani union.

Going in tangent again......as usual.

Acha chorro...... Whats up with your signature?

Mohajirs are most open among all communities for marriage in other ethnic group..
Yet the problem remains the attitude. I am what you would call muhajir not by choice but thats what my relatives call themselves. The problem remains very disparaging views of other ethnic groups in the eyes of muhajirs. Maybe I haven't been able to witness it much from other ethnicities but we do not give respect to other ethnicities. My uncle was abusing Sindhis in front of a Sindhi watchman. Pathans are called under our feet by them even though we may share ancestry with them.

Pakistan could do away with muhajir chauvinism which gives birth to militant organizations like the MQM.

Yet the problem remains the attitude. I am what you would call muhajir not by choice but thats what my relatives call themselves. The problem remains very disparaging views of other ethnic groups in the eyes of muhajirs. Maybe I haven't been able to witness it much from other ethnicities but we do not give respect to other ethnicities. My uncle was abusing Sindhis in front of a Sindhi watchman. Pathans are called under our feet by them even though we may share ancestry with them.

Pakistan could do away with muhajir chauvinism which gives birth to militant organizations like the MQM.

there are few haters in every community... we have some Punjabi, Pashtun who call urdu speakers hindustani.. Pajama party. Bhaiyya people, Gutakah khor, bhatta khor etc.. just like urdu speaker call name of others like Paindu, dhaggay,.. i dont think its big problem. people still are mixing in Karachi more then any other region in Pakistan...

taimoor khan seems a kamnasal, kamaya , that why he got a hatred against pashtun, i have experience with these kamaya, on one hand the pass themselves as pashtun, but on the other hand they can't digest the fact that their ancestors were beaten and put into slavery and their woman were taken away. their mouth were close upto now but online forum gave them a chance to bark against their masters.
while some pakistani pashtun will hate Afghanistan or Afghan as a nation and will have legitmate reason, the tribal pashutn don't hate their kin, it's only the kamnasal people that hate pashtun for obvious reason.

Punjabi domination is a myth spread by ethnic nationalist parties who know nothing about the history of Pakistan. They use this card to spread fear and separatism among minorities.

Here are a list of Pakistani Prime Ministers
Liaqaut Ali Khan - Pashtun
Sir Khawaja Nazimuddin - Bengali
Muhammad Ali Bogra - Bengali
Shaudary Muhammad Ali - Muhajir
Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy - Bengali
Ibrahim Ismail Chundrigar - Muhajir
Malik Feroz Khan Noon - Pashtun
Nurul Amin - Bengali
Zulfikar Ali Bhutto - Sindhi
Muhammad Khan Junejo - Pashtun
Benazir Bhutto - Sindhi
Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi - Sindhi
Zafarullah Khan Jamali - Pashtun
Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain - Punjabi
Shaukat Aziz - Sindhi
Yousaf Raza Gillani - Punjabi
Nawaz Sharif - Punjabi with Muhajir roots

There were many Baloch who were Heads of State as well even our Commander in Chief was born in Balochistan.

Reason why Punjabi isnt our national language is because no one except North Punjabi people Understand it, while Urdu can be understood in every corner of Pakistan.

my brother u have given wrong information here
Liaqat Ali khan --Punjab Pathan = Pashtun
Malik Feroze khan Noon - Punjabi Rajput ( Noon is a sub tribe of rajputs)
Muhammad Khan Junejo - Sindhi - Junejo is a Sindhi tribe
Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi - Sindhi Baloch = Baloch
Nawaz Sharif - Muhajir but not punjabi he is a Kashmiri = adding mian to one's name doesnt mean he is a Punjabi ... he is a kashmiri his family migrated from shopian village in indian held kashmir to amritsar before partition and after that they migrated to Lahore..
Zafarullah Khan Jamali - is Baloch not Pashtun

my brother u have missed out many more pms of Pakistan

well Hindkowan and Siraikis are going through identity crisis.... Hindkos are Punjabi people whose land is coming in KPK ok and they have intermingled with Pashtuns and they speak little bit punjabi and Pashtu all together but Punjabis have Punjab... then comes sirakis they are people of Pashtun and Baloch ethnicities like Lagaris and Tareens who have settled in Punjab and they mingled with Punjabis especially jatts and now they call themselves siraikis whereas they have a their provinces too Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan

I've been recently researching deeply into the ethnic groups and demographics of Pakistan - and was surprised to see that Pashtuns may be in majority soon and may already be in majority.

Here are the ethnic demographic statistics provided officially by the Government in 2009 :
  1. Punjabis (42.15%) 70.7 million
  2. Pashtuns (17.42%) 35.2 million
  3. Sindhis (14.1%) 24.8 million
  4. Seraikis (10.53%) 14.8 million
  5. Muhajirs (7.57%) 13.3 million
  6. Balochs is (3.57%) 6.3 million
  7. Others (4.66%) 11.1 million
However there is one huge flaw in this statistic.

This statistic is mostly based off of province population rather than ethnic population. It does not take in mind that not all Punjabis are Punjabis and it completely ignores the fact that there is a whopping approx. population of 25-30 million Pashtuns in Punjab - better known as Pathans of Punjab and millions of people in Punjab with Muhajir roots.

This bumps up overall Pashtun population to 55-60 million not including Pashtun diaspora in Sindh and Baluchistan and decreasing the Punjab population to 35-40 million including the Punjabi Muhajir population - this in correlation with the 2009 statistics and may be inaccurate compared to our current year.

I ask other members to intellectually contribute to this topic and correct any mistakes in my 'report'.

Here are a list of famous Pashtun Punjabis -

Too many Niazis, Proud to be one!! 8-)

I won't say most, it's 50/50. Especially non-urdu speaking muhajirs in Karachi, and those living with very traditional families.

non-urdu speaking

lol.. i suppose no one consider memons muhajir.. we Karachiites use memon word for them not Muhajir.. Muhajirs are urdu speaking from UP, Dehli, Bihar and Hyderabad..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom