What's new

Are Pashtuns descendants of Bani Israel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all that study does is label and define Iranian people. It doesn't disapprove what the claim in the OP nor is it a valid source from you.

It definately is a valid source it's a researched one by scholars. Haplogroup R is not associated with Semitic populations. No it does not define Iranian people, which is a distinct term from Iranic peoples:

Some tribes are but not all. A DNA study done as part of a cancer study suggested it. They had the same DNA markers as the Shephardic Jews. Specifically Yousafzais.
My paternal grandmother was yusufzai and always maintained her ancestry went all the way back to Yusuf AS who was Beni Israel. Beyond just the interest part, there are some other similarities between Pukhtun and Jewish customs.

Actually he might be right, in our older generation, the loan shark stereotype was associated with khatris aka baniya Hindu caste (although some can be Muslims too) and Pashtuns

So the Jewish origins could come from that too atleast in non Pashtun minds dk what Pashtuns themselves thaught of these origins, and just like most stereotypes it was probably exaggeration and not true but stuck around

It doesn't need to be based in reality

The Pathan belt gets the most positive feedback from foreigners. Is the interest thing true or a joke?

"There are both pre-modern and modern legends about the Jewish origins of Pashtun/Pathan tribes in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Unfortunately for lovers of distant cultural correspondences and romantic myths, these legends are baseless. The Pashtun tribes arrived on the historical scene lately and from nowhere, aspiring to a status similar to that of the Persians; their tribal leaders, who were also poets at the same time, invented for them an Israelite origin. “Persians have literature, courtly culture, and food, we are descendants of the people mentioned in the Qur’an.”

No they are locqls frim bannu peshawar laki marwat and swat

Technically Both Israeli and Arabs are decedents of Ibrahim what is your point?

Israeli don't recognize Hajra, Ibrahim's wife while Muslim do
They believe Sarah as the mother and believe in her lineage

Technically Arabs and Jews are stepbrother/sisters

However, the claim about Pushton is bogus
This is not the most important item related to Pakistan

There is no concept of Punjabi / Sindhi / Pushton / Arab / Non Arab/Balouch in Islamic sense

Last edited:
Wasn't this another long debunked urban myth? I mean sure the Pashtuns might have long noses but that doesn't make on a Jew. I really can't think of any mannerisms or behaviors that would make them remotely Jewish

Once election are held we will revisit this thread again

All of Pakistan has rejected the idiots

Quite a useless thread
Enjoy this wonderful entertainment from best of Patwari

Indeed High IQ

Oh wait let me turn on and watch the Tosha Khana tabloid stories

Last edited:
Wasn't this another long debunked urban myth? I mean sure the Pashtuns might have long noses but that doesn't make on a Jew. I really can't think of any mannerisms or behaviors that would make them remotely Jewish
Most native Pakistanis in general have sharp noses, something I have noticed across ethnic lines (with some variances ofcourse)

Ignore the cuckold Dawn, it's not South Asian lmao, just Pakistan which happens to be in SA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom