What's new

Arabs slam Pak stand on Yemen and Call on Pakistani Parliament to Fall in Line

Agreed.

Pakistan will protect the Holy land at all costs, even if we have to do it alone.
The holy land for Muslims is only mecca and medina and a few other areas. It is not the current borders of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the House of Saud.

That what they r asking ? Don't flip flop u see any reaction from the this govt and army ?they r quite like dead fish .my fear is we gonna ruin our relationship with GCC .first thing is govt to clear his position where they stand then we should have full time forgien minister sartag Aziz is 85 yrs man .i believe there is room to work with GCC pak should work with them .

They are giving clear threats of consequences - Anyone with little bit of love for country should be pissed off. Anyway If our relationship with GCC is that much fragile that taking neutral stand in political conflict can sabotage the relations than screw this kind of friendship.

This is totally out of my ignorance but can you list down some of the instances where KSA has openly helped Pakistan economically? I'm not talking about behind the scenes because who what we have done for each other behind the scenes.
i said earlier saudi always supports pakistan economically. many times pakistan was the number one country saudi is supporting and financing. including times of war and terror.

Can Pakistan afford to antagonise the Gulf kingdom?

How long can Pakistan remain neutral in the Saudi Arabia-led Yemen conflict?

Embroiled in controversies over presstitutes, dahi misal and vada pav, Indians have missed the fascinating debate that has been raging in Pakistan parliament over the war in Yemen. Fascinating, because rarely do you see such an interplay of domestic and foreign policy and a public calibration of power between the army and the civilian government

In early March, the new King of Saudi Arabia, Salman bin Abdulaziz called Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to Riyadh for consultations. Why, it became clear later. Upon his return from Riyadh, after discussions with the chiefs of the three services, Sharif dispatched a team of his two closest lieutenants: Defence Minister Khawaja Asif and Sartaj Aziz, the foreign policy advisor, to Riyadh. Along with them, as monitors, were representatives of the army, navy and air force.

Storm clouds had been gathering over Yemen for some time. Saudi Arabia shares a border with Yemen and on the request of ousted Yemen President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, on March 26, Saudi Arabia initiated air strikes and a naval blockade against the Iran-backed Shia Houthi rebels who had captured the Yemeni capital of Sana'a.

Saudi Arabia called for a (Sunni) coalition of the willing to defend not just the Kingdom but also the two holy mosques. Qatar, Morocco, Kuwait, the UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, and Sudan signed up. The laggards were Turkey and our very own Pakistan.

Why?

Sharif was loath to turn down a request from Saudi Arabia to whom he owes so much. It was Riyadh that gave the Sharif family shelter when Pervez Musharraf overthrew the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz government in a 1999 coup. The Sharif family has extensive personal business in Saudi Arabia.

Indulging Saudi Arabia made eminent political sense as well. Islamic radicals and moderates alike could hardly fault him for providing military help to defend Mecca and Medina. But what Riyadh was asking was much more.

It wanted to use Pakistani soldiers to go into Yemen and do the fighting -- they wanted Pakistan air force aircraft, pilots and possibly even the infantry.

Sharif didn't know how to get out of that one. So, he told Riyadh he would have to consult parliament. He found defence forces lukewarm to the idea of fighting Saudi Arabia's war for it -- despite a 600,000 strong standing army, with 10,000 soldiers on peace-keeping duties, two hot borders with India and Afghanistan, and the Zarb-e-Azb counterinsurgency operations, the defence forces are stretched to capacity.

But could Pakistan afford to antagonise Saudi Arabia? The country that gave Islamabad $1.5 billion last year to shore up foreign exchange reserves? Of all Pakistan's foreign remittances in FY14, $4.7 billion came from Saudi Arabia, from Pakistani workers, legal and illegal, who endure harsh working conditions, ill-treatment and worse to slog and send money home.

It was illegal Pakistani workers in the Kingdom who had suffered the most when Saudi Arabia launched its Nitaqat programme in 2013 to drive illegal workers out and replace them with Saudis. If Riyadh were to threaten another round of prosecutions under Nitaqat...

But Sharif met hostility to military engagement in Yemen from unexpected sources. The opposition came from both the Sunni and Shia communities (Pakistan is majority Sunni but has a less than 20 per cent Shia population).

Neither community wanted Pakistan to take sides -- faced with growing attacks on Shias, members of parliament, especially from Balochistan which has a sizeable Shia population, said Pakistan should not fight other people's war. This was also the stand of Imran Khan, of the Tehreek-e-Insaf party.

Others were more blunt. If we decide to help Saudi Arabia, what will Saudi Arabia do for us, MPs asked. Will the coalition of the willing come to Pakistan and guard us when India rattles sabres or threatens to attack? The Muttahida Qaumi Movement asked whether preemptive strikes should be supported, as the Saudis had done in Yemen. What if India were to launch a preemptive strike on Pakistan?

The Parliamentary debate is still going on, even as Foreign Minister of Iran, Javad Zarif has been to Islamabad with a 21-member delegation to tell Pakistan that although Iran is not backing the Houthis (yeah, yeah) it wouldn't like to see Pakistan putting the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline in jeopardy.

Sharif has obligingly said Pakistan is in no hurry to take a decision -- after all, a full democratic consultation process must be allowed to play out.

What the civilian government's equivocation will do to its relations with the armed forces is not clear. Although experts feel the question of civil-military relations in Pakistan is a settled one, at least for the moment, could the Pakistan military live with an assertive Parliament? Today, it is a military engagement in Saudi Arabia, tomorrow it could be something else...

Ultimately, Pakistan will send soldiers but only to defend Saudi Arabia, and will press for a negotiated settlement in Yemen. Make no mistake -- the Pakistani democracy is as voluble as India's.

Can Pakistan afford to antagonise the Gulf kingdom? - Rediff.com India News

i think u not getting my point I don't care U give fck or not fck to anyone issue is its politics nothing more we have to see what good for us there is no neutral positons in this conflict pak has to decide what UAE said clear UR position not flip flop it won't work

United airline Vice chairman pakistani .silicon valley is full of Pakistanis too don't say that

To what % of pakistani's are working in Silicon valley ?

Akhi, I think what Pakistanis are incensed at are the words of the Emirati minister because they not only come across as threatening but also insulting as if a lesser Nation is being addressed by the Emirati gentlemen; because we Pakistanis are very conscious about our self-respect (whatever our Government may do)...the reaction is one of anger.
Incorrect. The Government is made up of people from Pakistan and has continuously since 1947. Your Government is a reflection of your people.

It is a charade that Pakistani people try to better their own images in their own eyes by saying 'the government is this', 'we are not'.

Hi
Perhaps its true, As soon as eneter Jeddah immigration the deeply insulting behaviour on guests of Allah ( for umrah) then the typical ANA Saudi attitude in Arbia, with colonial era rules such Iqam(modern slavery) with banning of Pkaistani man marrying local saudi woman and the list goes on. lets just stick to the topic. Cheers

Nonsense. If what you say was the reality then KSA would not be second to the US when it comes to remittances and would not be home to migrants from virtually every corner of the planet. Nor would KSA be one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the ME (contrary to popular belief).

Slavery? What the hell are you talking about? Honestly?:lol:

That's a bunch of nonsense as literary 1000's of foreigners have married Saudi Arabian women in recent years. Yet you are trying to tell me that Saudi Arabian men cannot marry certain foreigners while women are allowed to marry whoever they want to almost?

Foreigners married over 13,000 Saudi women last year | Arab News

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT REGARDING CITIZENSHIP/MARRIAGE LAWS ETC. in KSA:

Request Rejected

I think that I already disproved that nonsense 1 year ago.

Lastly last time I checked the highest number of actual slaves understood at least in the modern sense are found in South East Asia/South Asia (by far) and not the GCC/ME.

All reports show that there are more slaves in South Asia than anywhere else. The conditions are horrible for the workers there. Qatar is nothing in comparison. This is the truth that some people like to ignore while complaining about Arabs and other Middle Eastern people.

I have seen the conditions of underage children in dangerous work places in Bangladesh, India in the thousands upon thousands (if not millions) working for nothing and in shameful conditions.

Yet people from those countries and region have the nerve to lecture others. PATHETIC.

Modern-day slavery widespread in India | Asia | DW.DE | 25.10.2013

I have also seen how South Asians treat each other in the GCC. Not always in the best of ways either.

So don't play those games with me. Find an idiot to play with.

Last edited:
@Shamain

The Pakistani elite members you quoting are the once who trolls on almost all Indian internal issue threads with utter nonsense. I agree many Indian members here trolls so thus Pakistani as well as chineese. But biggest trollers are Bangladeshi's in here. Do visit other country forums too. You will get to know who are sensible poster & who are not. Just because you hate Indians, dont just develop a steriotype zbout us.
On topic: Pakistan has every right not to interven. Arab should solve their own issues. UAE being largets arms imported in the world(2014) should use their own armed forces to counter Houthi rebels. Their wahabi attitude otherwise gonna lead them nowhere.

Note: In last 5 years, maybe this is the 5th or 6th time I am commenting on PDF on a thread other then that posted in Country watch section. :sarcastic:
Its not my first day to interwebs, kartay hongay bangladeshi bhi trolling but what i have seen indians doing is worst and not just on this site everywhere everywhere, i have a very fresh horrific experience, the admin of this site really acted on time and helped out. I could have quit this forum cuz of your cheap indian countrymen.

i said earlier saudi always supports pakistan economically. many times pakistan was the number one country saudi is supporting and financing. including times of war and terror.
Paksitan also helped saudies so many times recently in bahrain.I personally think that Pakistan should not encourage saudia to fight a war in yaman and should take measures to stop this war and Pakistan should protect saudies intrests in yaman while try to mediate between warring factions.

Nonsense. If what you say was the reality then KSA would not be second to the US when it comes to remittances and would not be home to migrants from virtually every corner of the planet. Nor would KSA be one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the ME (contrary to popular belief).

Slavery? What the hell are you talking about? Honestly?:lol:

That's a bunch of nonsense as literary 1000's and other foreigners have married Saudi Arabian women in recent years. Yet you are trying to tell me that Saudi Arabian men cannot marry certain foreigners.

Foreigners married over 13,000 Saudi women last year | Arab News

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT REGARDING CITIZENSHIP/MARRIAGE LAWS ETC. in KSA:

Request Rejected

I think that I already disproved that nonsense 1 year ago.

Lastly last time I checked the highest number of actual slaves understood at least in the modern world are found in South East Asia/South Asia (by far) and not the GCC/ME.

All reports show that there are more slaves in South Asia than anywhere else. The conditions are horrible for the workers there. Qatar is nothing in comparison. This is the truth that some people like to ignore while complaining about Arabs and other Middle Eastern people.

I have seen the conditions of underage children in dangerous work places in Bangladesh, India in the thousands upon thousands (if not millions) working for nothing and in shameful conditions.

Yet people from those countries and region have the nerve to lecture others. PATHETIC.

Modern-day slavery widespread in India | Asia | DW.DE | 25.10.2013

I have also seen how South Asians treat each other in the GCC. Not always in the best of ways either.
So Iqama is total lie ??? when my iqama qas epired because of some clumsy saudi where i couldn't access my own bank funds was lie ??? when A local saudi was favoured in an aciident was that a lie too? When kafeel takes the shit out of people who are under his sponsorship is buull shit? Well, lets not focus on this topic

@salarsikander

My last post regarding this;

Walk Free Foundation – Global Slavery Index 2013 | Findings - Walk Free Foundation - Global Slavery Index 2013

Top 10 list:

(See page 7 on that PDF file)

http://www.ungift.org/doc/knowledge...013/GlobalSlaveryIndex_2013_Download_WEB1.pdf

India number 1, Pakistan number 3 and Bangladesh number 10 in terms of numbers.

Lesson:

MjAxMy03MzY3YTgyYzk4NTNiNjZh.png

So Iqama is total lie ??? when my iqama qas epired because of some clumsy saudi where i couldn't access my own bank funds was lie ??? when A local saudi was favoured in an aciident was that a lie too? When kafeel takes the shit out of people who are under his sponsorship is buull shit? Well, lets not focus on this topic

That does not equal slavery and you know it. Reforms are needed and they will be made but look at the ground realities. You are in NO position AT ALL to lecture anybody about this topic as you are much worse yourself.

Fact.

Now stop derailing this thread. Make a thread about "evil Arabs" somewhere on PDF. Don't care.

Yes, and I was looking for some links which document this because as I said I don't know have much information about it.

Hi,

Please stay out of this , you dont what i m saying is based on what

This will derail the thread but some other time do help us understand why you clearly refereed to the bedouins as sub-humans devoid of any civility.

Last edited:
Yes, and I was looking for some links which document this because as I said I don't know have much information about it.

This will derail he thread but some other time do help us understand why you clearly refereed to the bedouins as sub-humans devoid of any civility.
Hi,
Sure lets stick to the topic

If our relationship with GCC is that much fragile that taking neutral stand in political conflict can sabotage the relations than screw this kind of friendship.
That what u saying on personal level govt level things won't work like that they r doner in pak all reconstruction happened in swat and FATA area money came from gulf don't say that we don't owe them real friendship is only comes at tough times it's about Yemeni war I don't think they will invade to Yemen maximum they will let it go .issue is if pak become partner with saudia and GCC it's good for us and it's good them .this motion which passed in parliment is pro Saudi except one word neutral .its give pm and army power to deploy when they wanted to kingdom .its more to do sence of security to GCC than theior need .

To what % of pakistani's are working in Silicon valley ?
Not sure I know a lot of them U indian have complex that U were at Mars when rest of world was learning to walk this complex have one reason called inferiority .

Can Pakistan afford to antagonise the Gulf kingdom?

How long can Pakistan remain neutral in the Saudi Arabia-led Yemen conflict?

Embroiled in controversies over presstitutes, dahi misal and vada pav, Indians have missed the fascinating debate that has been raging in Pakistan parliament over the war in Yemen. Fascinating, because rarely do you see such an interplay of domestic and foreign policy and a public calibration of power between the army and the civilian government

In early March, the new King of Saudi Arabia, Salman bin Abdulaziz called Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to Riyadh for consultations. Why, it became clear later. Upon his return from Riyadh, after discussions with the chiefs of the three services, Sharif dispatched a team of his two closest lieutenants: Defence Minister Khawaja Asif and Sartaj Aziz, the foreign policy advisor, to Riyadh. Along with them, as monitors, were representatives of the army, navy and air force.

Storm clouds had been gathering over Yemen for some time. Saudi Arabia shares a border with Yemen and on the request of ousted Yemen President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, on March 26, Saudi Arabia initiated air strikes and a naval blockade against the Iran-backed Shia Houthi rebels who had captured the Yemeni capital of Sana'a.

Saudi Arabia called for a (Sunni) coalition of the willing to defend not just the Kingdom but also the two holy mosques. Qatar, Morocco, Kuwait, the UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, and Sudan signed up. The laggards were Turkey and our very own Pakistan.

Why?

Sharif was loath to turn down a request from Saudi Arabia to whom he owes so much. It was Riyadh that gave the Sharif family shelter when Pervez Musharraf overthrew the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz government in a 1999 coup. The Sharif family has extensive personal business in Saudi Arabia.

Indulging Saudi Arabia made eminent political sense as well. Islamic radicals and moderates alike could hardly fault him for providing military help to defend Mecca and Medina. But what Riyadh was asking was much more.

It wanted to use Pakistani soldiers to go into Yemen and do the fighting -- they wanted Pakistan air force aircraft, pilots and possibly even the infantry.

Sharif didn't know how to get out of that one. So, he told Riyadh he would have to consult parliament. He found defence forces lukewarm to the idea of fighting Saudi Arabia's war for it -- despite a 600,000 strong standing army, with 10,000 soldiers on peace-keeping duties, two hot borders with India and Afghanistan, and the Zarb-e-Azb counterinsurgency operations, the defence forces are stretched to capacity.

But could Pakistan afford to antagonise Saudi Arabia? The country that gave Islamabad $1.5 billion last year to shore up foreign exchange reserves? Of all Pakistan's foreign remittances in FY14, $4.7 billion came from Saudi Arabia, from Pakistani workers, legal and illegal, who endure harsh working conditions, ill-treatment and worse to slog and send money home.

It was illegal Pakistani workers in the Kingdom who had suffered the most when Saudi Arabia launched its Nitaqat programme in 2013 to drive illegal workers out and replace them with Saudis. If Riyadh were to threaten another round of prosecutions under Nitaqat...

But Sharif met hostility to military engagement in Yemen from unexpected sources. The opposition came from both the Sunni and Shia communities (Pakistan is majority Sunni but has a less than 20 per cent Shia population).

Neither community wanted Pakistan to take sides -- faced with growing attacks on Shias, members of parliament, especially from Balochistan which has a sizeable Shia population, said Pakistan should not fight other people's war. This was also the stand of Imran Khan, of the Tehreek-e-Insaf party.

Others were more blunt. If we decide to help Saudi Arabia, what will Saudi Arabia do for us, MPs asked. Will the coalition of the willing come to Pakistan and guard us when India rattles sabres or threatens to attack? The Muttahida Qaumi Movement asked whether preemptive strikes should be supported, as the Saudis had done in Yemen. What if India were to launch a preemptive strike on Pakistan?

The Parliamentary debate is still going on, even as Foreign Minister of Iran, Javad Zarif has been to Islamabad with a 21-member delegation to tell Pakistan that although Iran is not backing the Houthis (yeah, yeah) it wouldn't like to see Pakistan putting the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline in jeopardy.

Sharif has obligingly said Pakistan is in no hurry to take a decision -- after all, a full democratic consultation process must be allowed to play out.

What the civilian government's equivocation will do to its relations with the armed forces is not clear. Although experts feel the question of civil-military relations in Pakistan is a settled one, at least for the moment, could the Pakistan military live with an assertive Parliament? Today, it is a military engagement in Saudi Arabia, tomorrow it could be something else...

Ultimately, Pakistan will send soldiers but only to defend Saudi Arabia, and will press for a negotiated settlement in Yemen. Make no mistake -- the Pakistani democracy is as voluble as India's.

Can Pakistan afford to antagonise the Gulf kingdom? - Rediff.com India News
Wow Br Raman and co

Back
Top Bottom