What's new

Arab royal hunts down 2,100 houbara bustards in three week safari

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have I to do with this? Am I that prince that supposedly hunted those 2100 Houbara birds? Am I a member of the House of Saud? How can I comment on something that I do not know the authenticity of? Am I spokesman of 1 prince out of hundred if not a few thousand members of the House of Saud?

In any case the blame should be put on the Pakistani government for allowing something like that if the bird is endangered.

In KSA you have Houbara bustards as well but you are not allowed to hunt them and there are rules regarding hunting of endangered species in general.
Ah of course, of course. The blame is with Pakistan (funny how Pakistanis thanked you too :tup: ) A similar logic is given by retards vis-a-vis the rapes and molestation cases - the girl is not covered enough blah blah. As if guys are like insects and bound to sit on any 'uncovered' girl and devour them. :coffee:

Question is a basic understanding of morality. I mean from x,y,z I can understand, but from the royalty - it shows the people in bad light.

Try not to draw parallel with us to justify your relative standing. When there are sanitation, rape or other issue, Indians and also to a large extent Pakistanis introspect (sometimes violently) about their own shortcomings.

Besides - what hunting rules do you have for endangered species - I was wondering? Cloning in a secret lab and then freeing to bird - only to hunt it down? Just curious.

Not trying to be rude here - just find the apathetic attitude of the general population and the society that such incidents of the royal family are regularly brushed under the carpet.

BHAGWANDAS
5354c412e913a.jpg

This file photo shows a houbara bustard. - File Photo

KARACHI: A Saudi prince has poached over 2,100 internationally protected houbara bustards in 21-day hunting safari in Chagai, Balochistan, during which the royal also indulged in illegal hunting in protected areas, says a report.

The report titled ‘Visit of Prince Fahd bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud regarding hunting of houbara bustard’ prepared by Jaffar Baloch, divisional forest officer of the Balochistan forest and wildlife department, Chagai at Dalbandin, says the prince hunted for 21 days – from Jan 11, 2014 to Jan 31– and hunted 1,977 birds, while other members of his party hunted an additional 123 birds, bringing the total bustard toll to 2,100, sources said.

They said that hunting of the internationally protected bird was banned in Pakistan also, but the federal government issued special permits to Gulf states’ royals.

Permits, which are person specific and could not be used by anyone else, allow the holders to hunt up to100 houbara bustards in 10 days in the area allocated, excluding reserved and protected areas.

The report dated Feb 4, 2014 (No: 216-219 HB/CHI) says that during the 21-day safari the prince hunted the birds for 15 days in the reserved and protected areas, poached birds in other areas for six days and took rest for two days.

Giving a breakup of date-wise as well as area-wise details of the prince’s expedition, the report says that he hunted 112 houbara bustards in the Gut game sanctuary (Arbe pat) which is a reserved and protected area on Jan 11, 2014.

The next two days on Jan 12 and 13th he hunted 116 and 93 birds in the Gut game sanctuary (Sai Rek) which is also a reserved and protected area. Then for the next two days Prince Fahd, who is also governor of Tabuk, visited Sato Gut and hunted 82 and 80 houbaras on Jan 14 and 15, respectively. On Jan 16, he visited Gut-i-Barooth and hunted 79 houbaras. Both these areas are not protected areas, says the report.

For the next six days the Saudi royal camped in the Koh-i-Sultan state forest, which is a reserved and protected area, and hunted 93, 82, 94, 97, 96 and 120 houbara bustards on Jan 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22, respectively.

On Jan 23 and 24, he continued his hunting spree in the Gut game sanctuary (Dam), which is a reserved as well as protected area, and hunted 116 and 197 houbara bustards, respectively.

The prince carried out hunting of the protected bird in Thalo Station and hunted 89 houbara bustards on Jan 25 and spent the next two days hunting the birds in Pul Choto, killing 34 and 89 birds on Jan 26 and 27, respectively. Both of these areas are neither reserved nor protected, says the report.

The remaining four days, Prince Fahd spent in the Gut game sanctuary, a reserved as well as protected area, and hunted 92, 94, 119 and 97 birds on Jan 28, 29, 30, and 31, respectively. The royal guest took rest on Feb 1 and 2 at the Bar Tagzai base camp after bringing the grand total of his trophies to 1,977.

The report says: “123 birds were hunted by local representatives and other labourers of the hunting party. The total bustards hunted by Prince Fahd bin Abdul Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud are 1,977 and total bustards hunted by local representatives and other labourers are 123 bringing the grand total to 2100”.

BHAGWANDAS
5354c412e913a.jpg

This file photo shows a houbara bustard. - File Photo

KARACHI: A Saudi prince has poached over 2,100 internationally protected houbara bustards in 21-day hunting safari in Chagai, Balochistan, during which the royal also indulged in illegal hunting in protected areas, says a report.

The report titled ‘Visit of Prince Fahd bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud regarding hunting of houbara bustard’ prepared by Jaffar Baloch, divisional forest officer of the Balochistan forest and wildlife department, Chagai at Dalbandin, says the prince hunted for 21 days – from Jan 11, 2014 to Jan 31– and hunted 1,977 birds, while other members of his party hunted an additional 123 birds, bringing the total bustard toll to 2,100, sources said.

They said that hunting of the internationally protected bird was banned in Pakistan also, but the federal government issued special permits to Gulf states’ royals.

Permits, which are person specific and could not be used by anyone else, allow the holders to hunt up to100 houbara bustards in 10 days in the area allocated, excluding reserved and protected areas.

The report dated Feb 4, 2014 (No: 216-219 HB/CHI) says that during the 21-day safari the prince hunted the birds for 15 days in the reserved and protected areas, poached birds in other areas for six days and took rest for two days.

Giving a breakup of date-wise as well as area-wise details of the prince’s expedition, the report says that he hunted 112 houbara bustards in the Gut game sanctuary (Arbe pat) which is a reserved and protected area on Jan 11, 2014.

The next two days on Jan 12 and 13th he hunted 116 and 93 birds in the Gut game sanctuary (Sai Rek) which is also a reserved and protected area. Then for the next two days Prince Fahd, who is also governor of Tabuk, visited Sato Gut and hunted 82 and 80 houbaras on Jan 14 and 15, respectively. On Jan 16, he visited Gut-i-Barooth and hunted 79 houbaras. Both these areas are not protected areas, says the report.

For the next six days the Saudi royal camped in the Koh-i-Sultan state forest, which is a reserved and protected area, and hunted 93, 82, 94, 97, 96 and 120 houbara bustards on Jan 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22, respectively.

On Jan 23 and 24, he continued his hunting spree in the Gut game sanctuary (Dam), which is a reserved as well as protected area, and hunted 116 and 197 houbara bustards, respectively.

The prince carried out hunting of the protected bird in Thalo Station and hunted 89 houbara bustards on Jan 25 and spent the next two days hunting the birds in Pul Choto, killing 34 and 89 birds on Jan 26 and 27, respectively. Both of these areas are neither reserved nor protected, says the report.

The remaining four days, Prince Fahd spent in the Gut game sanctuary, a reserved as well as protected area, and hunted 92, 94, 119 and 97 birds on Jan 28, 29, 30, and 31, respectively. The royal guest took rest on Feb 1 and 2 at the Bar Tagzai base camp after bringing the grand total of his trophies to 1,977.

The report says: “123 birds were hunted by local representatives and other labourers of the hunting party. The total bustards hunted by Prince Fahd bin Abdul Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud are 1,977 and total bustards hunted by local representatives and other labourers are 123 bringing the grand total to 2100”.

Just for the sake of clarification, IMO hunting of one or hundred.... both is wrong, when it is not done for the purpose of eating or protection of human life.
At the same time, i see people violating message of Quran on regular basis, as you did by posting this piece from Mr. Bhagwandas! as Quran says: 'any news brought to you by munafiqin should be thoroughly investigated' and this particular news has already been posted by Indians and discussed by your tribe to death.

Just for the sake of clarification, IMO hunting of one or hundred.... both is wrong, when it is not done for the purpose of eating or protection of human life.
At the same time, i see people violating message of Quran on regular basis, as you did by posting this piece from Mr. Bhagwandas! as Quran says: 'any news brought to you by munafiqin should be thoroughly investigated' and this particular news has already been posted by Indians and discussed by your tribe to death.

My "wannabe Arab" friend , why do you find it obligatory to defend every wrong doing of your Saudi masters ??
And How can you say that Bhagwandas is Munafiq ?? Go and read more from Holy Quran so you may know who are the real "Munafiqeen" !!

ge
Do you know Quran says spreading fitna is bigger sin than murder, hence all Muslims should deal with fitna seeders as they deserve. Strike them in their hearts instead of answering them, as you already know them very clearly....
These people would run genocide of Muslims in Iran, Syria and Iraq and Afghanistan but would not say a sorry.

So you all the munafiqeens from Middle East shouldn't be believed is that what you are trying to say?.

Bhagwandas is Pakistani, don't call him traitor for being hindu.

My "wannabe Arab" friend , why do you find it obligatory to defend every wrong doing of your Saudi masters ??
And How can you say that Bhagwandas is Munafiq ?? Go and read more from Holy Quran so you may know who are the real "Munafiqeen" !!

Dear Arab hater, you are blinded in your Arab hate, otherwise you would clearly see, i have not defended any one.
Thanks for your advice, i have started reading Quran and with it for the first time, i start to learn about the good religon, Islam.

Bhagwandas is Pakistani, don't call him traitor for being hindu.

Did I called any one traitor in this thread? that's news for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom