What's new

Apple on lawsuit spree again-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny it seems that way when your own internal documents and your software partners emails implicate you

Yup, that should be pretty easy to do. Samesung should give that a try. Fro the next contract cycle maybe.

He didnt allow the initial Samsung design schemas of the phones as evidence.

Parts issues, labor issues, little accidents in the production line( if there is one ) are going to be outside of U.S Jurisdiction. Apple did all these hooplas for nothing. They are not going to get anything out of this.

He didnt allow the initial Samsung design schemas of the phones as evidence.

If any thing those designs proved the willfull infringement of the design patents. Becos those designs looked nothing like the iphone and the implicating internal Samesung documents were dated well after the initial design (which had a keyboard BTW). End of story.

Parts issues, labor issues, little accidents in the production line( if there is one ) are going to be outside of U.S Jurisdiction. Apple did all these hooplas for nothing. They are not going to get anything out of this.

Given that Samesung hasn't tried it and are keen to maintain the supplier relationship with apple indicates otherwise. given how solid apple supply chain management has been, Samesung would probably pay a ridiculous penalty ( one that would dwarf the jury award) for pulling dumb subcontinental cap like that on top losing their reputation in the business world.

What apple is going to get out of this is that it is going to seriously discourage any punks from knocking off their future products. Let face it Apple sold as many iphones as they could possibly make and market will bear. So this whole lawsuit is about the future and not about the past.

Samsung Galaxy S III outsells iPhone 4S, takes top spot - latimes.com[/QUOTE

Congratulations to Samesung on beating a 1 year old product. dude, seriously, quit while are still behind.

From the same link

Samsung's Galaxy S III became the top-selling smartphone in the U.S. in August. Its move up may have been helped by consumers awaiting the iPhone 5.

dude, seriously, quit while you are still behind.

Funny it seems that way when your own internal documents and your software partners emails implicate you

Yup, that should be pretty easy to do. Samesung should give that a try. Fro the next contract cycle maybe.

You do realize that Samsung is the largest chip manufacturer in the world right?
Heck Apple could not even find 1 company who could replace the Samsung screens. They needed to get LG, Sharp and one more company to provide them now. Samsung has massive leverage over Apple, even if Apple wanted to they won't find another company that can produce the quantity of parts they need.

And at least Samsung actually makes something. Apple just takes what is already out there, puts it in a shiny box then sues the people who they copied.

Congratulations to Samesung on beating a 1 year old product. dude, seriously, quit while are still behind.

From the same link

Samsung's Galaxy S III became the top-selling smartphone in the U.S. in August. Its move up may have been helped by consumers awaiting the iPhone 5.

Samsung is now the world's largest phone maker
Unlike fanboys, facts don't lie

Samsung Ends Nokia

You do realize that Samsung is the largest chip manufacturer in the world right?

Heck Apple could not even find 1 company who could replace the Samsung screens. They needed to get LG, Sharp and one more company to provide them now. Samsung has massive leverage over Apple, even if Apple wanted to they won't find another company that can produce the quantity of parts they need.

most of the factories are in china. by that logic its the chinese contract companies which make it. If push comes to shove Apple has the cash and the leverage to go directly to to the factories. i.e, if Samesung wants has the balls to breach contracts. Holler when happens, until then STFU.

And at least Samsung actually makes something. Apple just takes what is already out there, puts it in a shiny box then sues the people who they copied.

You must have gone to vocational school if you think in those terms. God luck

Samsung is now the world's largest phone maker
Unlike fanboys, facts don't lie

Samsung Ends Nokia

yup thats the game. Market share. Ask Dell and HP how that race to the bottom worked out.

1) those are the Korean analysts words. I agree with them
2) all of Samesung's patents are part of SE and they are required to license them according to FRAND terms. Look up what that means.

and your point is ...what?
I don't have to, I know steve jobs was capitalistic greedy tyrant, I don't have to bother to look up stuff because samsung lawyers probably did. There's a video a few pages back which gives a brief account of how many companies apple copied. Give the fanboyism a rest, sheep.

Secondly, my point is if apple is so smart and innovative, and samsung dumb and a copycat, why doesn't apple make their super secret super innovative technologies in some secret underground lab? I mean samsung didn't invent anything right?

I don't have to, I know steve jobs was capitalistic greedy tyrant

Samesung is a company of philathropy...whatever...

I don't have to bother to look up stuff because samsung lawyers probably did. There's a video a few pages back which gives a brief account of how many companies apple copied. Give the fanboyism a rest, sheep.

Learn little bit about IP and IP laws. Apple paid ~$600M for Nokia's IP. No one complianed about nokia. You'll encourage thievery if it means more money in your pocket

Secondly, my point is if apple is so smart and innovative, and samsung dumb and a copycat, why doesn't apple make their super secret super innovative technologies in some secret underground lab? I mean samsung didn't invent anything right?

Brilliant argument...Not! what are you still in high school? Samesung rolled the dice and lost. suck it up deal with it like a man.

Samesung is a company of philathropy...whatever...

Learn little bit about IP and IP laws. Apple paid ~$600M for Nokia's IP. No one complianed about nokia. You'll encourage thievery if it means more money in your pocket

Brilliant argument...Not! what are you still in high school? Samesung rolled the dice and lost. suck it up deal with it like a man.
1st, no samsung might not be an angel, but has some ethics, Samsung could have sued most of the android phones in existence, and vice versa - but they didn't; and that's ethics
Now coming to the second part, you didn't watch the videos right? Just wear your tinfoil hat and close your eyes to the world, oh would you like one with an apple logo on it and costs 999$?
3rdly, you just denied what I said? Samsung won in the rest of the world, biased US courts don't count

meanwhile Samsung has come up with this Gem...Note II

Why didn't they go ahead with a 2Ghz? A lot of companies promised 2GHz a few years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
EOUL: Samsung says global sales of its Galaxy S III smartphone have surpassed 20 million in a little more than three months.

Samsung Electronics Co. launched the flagship smartphone powered by Google’s Android operating system in Europe in late May. The release schedule was about three months ahead of new phone announcement by rivals Apple, Nokia and Motorola.

Samsung says brisk sales of the S III are helping it retain dominance in the smartphone market. Strategy Analytics says Samsung overtook Apple in worldwide smartphone shipments in 2011.

The company is embroiled in legal tussles with Apple around the world over whether Samsung’s mobile devices copied Apple products.

Apple last week added the S III to the “copycat” list in its complaint filed with a US court.

Samsung says Galaxy S III sales hit 20 million | DAWN.COM

If any thing those designs proved the willfull infringement of the design patents. Becos those designs looked nothing like the iphone and the implicating internal Samesung documents were dated well after the initial design (which had a keyboard BTW). End of story.

Given that Samesung hasn't tried it and are keen to maintain the supplier relationship with apple indicates otherwise. given how solid apple supply chain management has been, Samesung would probably pay a ridiculous penalty ( one that would dwarf the jury award) for pulling dumb subcontinental cap like that on top losing their reputation in the business world.

What apple is going to get out of this is that it is going to seriously discourage any punks from knocking off their future products. Let face it Apple sold as many iphones as they could possibly make and market will bear. So this whole lawsuit is about the future and not about the past.

From the same link

You need to quote buddy or STFU.

You didnt see the evidence, don't make stuff up.

Samsung Galaxy SIII sold 20 million units!! WHOA! WTF! Thats a seriously popular phone! Now am jealous of the 20 million people :(

I am not fan of Apple, but there is no doubt hat Samsung copied them:

_61866917_appledes.1346562872.gif

On the other hand its like Westwood suing all strategy game makers for copying their ideas.

Samsung had a wide range of designs before iphone,which included many touchscreen models that looks like apple iphone.

6a0120a619c18e970c016768fa8dff970b-500wi

Screen-Shot-2012-07-31-at-6.00.17-PM.jpg

1st, no samsung might not be an angel, but has some ethics, Samsung could have sued most of the android phones in existence, and vice versa - but they didn't; and that's ethics

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim? All Samsungs hardware patents related to cell phones are part of the SEP. It measn that they have to licence it to everyone at the same price. Other manufacturers also have SEP's so it is a wash. no room for suing anyone.

they have not useable software patents. if they did they wouldn't need android

Now coming to the second part, you didn't watch the videos right? Just wear your tinfoil hat and close your eyes to the world, oh would you like one with an apple logo on it and costs 999$?

Speculation. nothing more. If anything, the other device makers are getting beat up on the price by apple. they are barely able to match apple's prices at this point and loose tons of money.

3rdly, you just denied what I said? Samsung won in the rest of the world, biased US courts don't count

Here is source which keeps track of all the smartphone/tablet lawsuits. Read up.

Is Apple losing all the patent suits it filed outside the U.S.? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

FOSS Patents

Bottom line Samesung has not offensive fire power as far as patents go and they have been loosing defensive battles slowly but surely.

Samsung Galaxy SIII sold 20 million units!! WHOA! WTF! Thats a seriously popular phone! Now am jealous of the 20 million people :(

I'm jealous of those who get the note II

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim? All Samsungs hardware patents related to cell phones are part of the SEP. It measn that they have to licence it to everyone at the same price. Other manufacturers also have SEP's so it is a wash. no room for suing anyone.

they have not useable software patents. if they did they wouldn't need android

Speculation. nothing more. If anything, the other device makers are getting beat up on the price by apple. they are barely able to match apple's prices at this point and loose tons of money.

Here is source which keeps track of all the smartphone/tablet lawsuits. Read up.

Is Apple losing all the patent suits it filed outside the U.S.? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

FOSS Patents

Bottom line Samesung has not offensive fire power as far as patents go and they have been loosing defensive battles slowly but surely.

You're only replying to me who doesnt have time? The above guy seems well researched, apple patents are design only, and the above guy has bust them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom