What's new

Apple on lawsuit spree again-

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_hunted

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
You didn't think Apple is done with the lawsuits after its victory against Samsung last week, were you? The Cupertino company has filed another patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung, adding an additional 22 devices to the list of alleged offenders.

The new list of smartphones and slates includes Samsung heavy hitters such as the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Note 10.1. They were not included in the lawsuit Apple won last week - that one actually involved mostly products which are hardly available on the market these days. There are some devices, which were part of the original suit. This time however, they are listed for infringing different patents.
Here goes the full list of devices:
Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy S III (Verizon)
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mobile)
Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Illusion
Samsung Captivate Glide
Samsung Exhibit II 4G
Samsung Stratosphere
Samsung Transform Ultra
Samsung Admire
Samsung Conquer 4G
Samsung Dart
Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0
Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Apple files another lawsuit against Samsung, adds more devices - GSMArena.com news

wow.. what's going on? No JOBS.. means no money? Nice new way of making few bobs after the demise of Steve Jobs...:lol:

and still more to come. looks like Samsung clearly follows the student's assignment formula of "copy-paste"

This is how Samsung paid apple.

samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-trucks-full-of-5-cents-coins.jpg

Samsung Trolls Apple, Pays $1 Billion With 5 Truckloads Of Coins? | Autoomobile

Google is trying to play mediator between Samsung and Apple over this issue.

BTW< Samsung is also getting prepared to file a lawsuit when the Iphone 5 comes, on the contacts sync thing. Apple copied it from Samsung.

BTW< this way, HTC first came up with this touch screen thing, so why don't they sue both of apple and samsung???

Cry babies Apple. After 5 years, they wake up and realize that Samsung is copying them?

wow.. what's going on? No JOBS.. means no money? Nice new way of making few bobs after the demise of Steve Jobs...:lol:

Well their One and Only Steve job gone so Apple run out of Ideas . Steve was truly the foundation of Apple without him Apple is a rotten apple

As much as I love Apple products, I think that continuously filing lawsuits against other products is just messed up. It hinders competition & reduces choice for the consumers, in the end; they are the only ones to suffer. I wouldn't say that it's entirely Apple's fault though, they have the right to defend their patents. The blame also lies with the US Patent Office, seeing as they allow Apple to patent some obvious user interface designs; gesture unlock being one of them. There is also a chance of negative publicity for Apple as a result of this trial, that means that while the Cupertino based company may win the trial, they will earn the resentment of Samsung's & Android's loyal user base. Samsung too deserves its share of blame, they shouldn't have taken so much "inspiration" from iOS while designing the TouchWiz UI. Since the Galaxy Nexus is involved in the case too, it would be interesting to see what Google's response is. In any case, lets just see how the trial goes.

Some people may find the link below interesting, it contains an embedded file of the amended complaint. I haven't read the entire document or complaint yet, nevertheless it seems to be an interesting read.

Apple goes after Galaxy S3, Note in new court filing

In the amended complaint filed today, Apple says "infringing Samsung products include the at least 21 new smartphones, media players, and tablets that Samsung has released beginning in August 2011 and continuing through August 2012" and it lists the Galaxy S3, the Galaxy S3 -- Verizon, and the Galaxy Note smartphones, as well as the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, among the other products.

Apple would no doubt like to put the kibosh on the Galaxy S3, which has enjoyed brisk sales and has, according to analysts, helped increase Samsung's lead over Apple in the two companies' smartphone sales competition. The Note seems to be doing OK too, if numbers released by Samsung are any indication.

Has anyone noticed a similarity between the "Apple vs Samsung" & the "Apple vs Microsoft" trial many years ago? Apple sued Microsoft for copying the look, feel, & the overall user experience of Apple's graphical user interface in the past. If I recall correctly there were a variety of patents Apple held at that time. One of which was the ability to place one GUI's window over the other. The idea for that came from the ability to place one sheet of paper over the other, & that was a feature available only on the Macintosh until the advent of Windows 2.0. I have never used that version of Windows of course, but some older people may remember that. During the trial, the judge ruled in Microsoft's favor because he or she thought that Apple wanted to monopolize the market by having complete control over the graphical user interface.

The similarity between then & now is quite amazing, the only difference is that instead of the trial being over desktop operating systems, it's over mobile operating systems instead. Could there be a possibility that Samsung might use that case's judgment & present it as an argument against the plaintiff? The result of that case might give Samsung an edge over Apple, seeing as Apple's tactics are quite similar to that of the past. If that doesn't work out, it's best to hope that the plaintiff & the defendants reach some sort of a settlement involving a patent licensing agreement or something.

Arrey Samsung infringed on the patents of Apple.....So Samsung has to pay !!...whats the issue here....

IF Pakistan produce the first workable water run vehicle engine and Indian Motor Industry brings out a whole range of Water based vehicles...Are you guys gonna say..........Pakistan ,stop your lawsuit spree ??

Has anyone noticed a similarity between the "Apple vs Samsung" & the "Apple vs Microsoft" trial many years ago? Apple sued Microsoft for copying the look, feel, & the overall user experience of Apple's graphical user interface in the past. If I recall correctly there were a variety of patents Apple held at that time. One of which was the ability to place one GUI's window over the other. The idea for that came from the ability to place one sheet of paper over the other, & that was a feature available only on the Macintosh until the advent of Windows 2.0. I have never used that version of Windows of course, but some older people may remember that. During the trial, the judge ruled in Microsoft's favor because he or she thought that Apple wanted to monopolize the market by having complete control over the graphical user interface.

The similarity between then & now is quite amazing, the only difference is that instead of the trial being over desktop operating systems, it's over mobile operating systems instead. Could there be a possibility that Samsung might use that case's judgment & present it as an argument against the plaintiff? The result of that case might give Samsung an edge over Apple, seeing as Apple's tactics are quite similar to that of the past. If that doesn't work out, it's best to hope that the plaintiff & the defendants reach some sort of a settlement involving a patent licensing agreement or something.

The judges and jury are often the dumbest people in such trials - rendering out useless legislation.
As far as US patent office is concerned - one can patent farts as long a someone else has not done it before already.

The judges and jury are often the dumbest people in such trials - rendering out useless legislation.
As far as US patent office is concerned - one can patent farts as long a someone else has not done it before already.

Previously, in the "Apple vs Microsoft" case, the ruling was in Microsoft's favor to prevent Apple from monopolizing the desktop market. If Apple was to win these cases, if it turns out features such as gesture unlock are truly patentable, wouldn't that be another attempt at Apple monopolizing the US market? As I recall, a variety of cases in the past were judged on the basis of similar cases preceding them. Shouldn't the judge rule in favor of the defendant again at least as far as the GUI is concerned?

The patent office should be held accountable as well, many of the patents granted to Apple are actually common sense if someone thinks about it. The design of the user interface is bound to be similar, it's impossible to differentiate it too much. The design of a tablet seems obvious too, if a company was to attempt to create a tablet without violating Apple's patents, the tablet would end up looking like a hexagon with a screen in the middle. In fact I recall seeing an artist's depiction of what a tablet would look like if it didn't violate Apple's guidelines. I can't find that picture anymore, but lets just say that it would look like an unusable piece of crap. It seems that patents are more about who gets to apply for them first instead of actually determining the individuality & uniqueness of the idea before it gets patented.

As much as I love Apple products, I think that continuously filing lawsuits against other products is just messed up. It hinders competition & reduces choice for the consumers, in the end; they are the only ones to suffer. I wouldn't say that it's entirely Apple's fault though, they have the right to defend their patents. The blame also lies with the US Patent Office, seeing as they allow Apple to patent some obvious user interface designs; gesture unlock being one of them. There is also a chance of negative publicity for Apple as a result of this trial, that means that while the Cupertino based company may win the trial, they will earn the resentment of Samsung's & Android's loyal user base. Samsung too deserves its share of blame, they shouldn't have taken so much "inspiration" from iOS while designing the TouchWiz UI. Since the Galaxy Nexus is involved in the case too, it would be interesting to see what Google's response is. In any case, lets just see how the trial goes.

I hope HTC sues APPLE BIG TIME and ends its misery!

And I hope the silly patent office opens its silly mind to allow COMPETITION instead of favouring monopoly but then again I am talking about those people who ONLY KNOW TO MONOPOLIZE! Sad cry babies!

I hope the Chinese phones will come there and kick Apple's ***, I heard one of them had 2GB of Ram ;) and it cost US dollars ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom