What's new

APCs,Anti tank tracked & wheeled systems

I don't know why but when I saw that I though of the T-1
14989_0883_1_lg.jpg

BTR-4 is the best bang for your buck APC in the world in my opinion. $1,000,000 a pop.

wonder if it could survive against this type of mine

You need something like Armscor Casspir, Buffel, Mamba to just walk over it. No qualms.

Casspir is basis for Maxxpro and oshkosh series vehicles.

Last edited:
You need something like Armscor Casspir, Buffel, Mamba to just walk over it. No qualms.

Casspir is basis for Maxxpro and oshkosh series vehicles.
South Africa and Rhodesia are the ones that we can all thank for MRAPS. They were dealing with serious insurgencies and didn't have the ability to sacrifice a ton of soldiers so they developed great vehicle designs for COIN.

... makes Schwarzenegger's Hummer look like sh!t.

South Africa and Rhodesia are the ones that we can all thank for MRAPS. They were dealing with serious insurgencies and didn't have the ability to sacrifice a ton of soldiers so they developed great vehicle designs for COIN.
Like Ystervark
0016q4zb

and Zumlac
2175841_zumlac_jpeg52a64504ac91d6f7fd2c3bc1421d0f38

zumlac2.jpg

Wer'wolf Mk2
haqq335.jpg

Buffel
Buffelpersoneeldraer.JPG

Samil 20 Rhino
4ffd428049375_large.jpg

Samil 50
Samil%2050%20Kwe%203.JPG

Samil 100
ar_mrl_valkiri_v2.jpg

... makes Schwarzenegger's Hummer look like sh!t.

Like Ystervark
0016q4zb

and Zumlac
2175841_zumlac_jpeg52a64504ac91d6f7fd2c3bc1421d0f38

zumlac2.jpg

Wer'wolf Mk2
haqq335.jpg

Buffel
Buffelpersoneeldraer.JPG

Samil 20 Rhino
4ffd428049375_large.jpg

Samil 50
Samil%2050%20Kwe%203.JPG

Samil 100
ar_mrl_valkiri_v2.jpg
This brings back good memories. I trained in Ratels and Buffels with Mambas towards the end. SAMIL trucks were great. One incident was across in a long recce ops, our buffel hit a land mine - just a thud, no shock nothing. We all rolled out... if you look at the buffel, side sheets open and fall outwards with troops being able to jump out and form a defensive posture around the IFV. All we did was to replace the tyre and move on. If it was any other US/European/Russian vehicle, we would have been toasted and counting oats in never never lala land.

Mamba is superb. Just phenomenal vehicle. Give me a squadron of Ratels, Buffels, and Casspir - i will be king across the desert. These vehicles put LAV/BMPs to shame. Just look at any war shit zones and most vehicles flying UN flag are one of these. The Sri Lankans bought our first generation Buffels and used it effectively against the scourge of landmines.

Enjoy... hope your country seriously considers these even refurbished ones... these will prove invaluable.

This brings back good memories. I trained in Ratels and Buffels with Mambas towards the end. SAMIL trucks were great. One incident was across in a long recce ops, our buffel hit a land mine - just a thud, no shock nothing. We all rolled out... if you look at the buffel, side sheets open and fall outwards with troops being able to jump out and form a defensive posture around the IFV. All we did was to replace the tyre and move on. If it was any other US/European/Russian vehicle, we would have been toasted and counting oats in never never lala land.

Mamba is superb. Just phenomenal vehicle. Give me a squadron of Ratels, Buffels, and Casspir - i will be king across the desert. These vehicles put LAV/BMPs to shame. Just look at any war shit zones and most vehicles flying UN flag are one of these. The Sri Lankans bought our first generation Buffels and used it effectively against the scourge of landmines.

Enjoy... hope your country seriously considers these even refurbished ones... these will prove invaluable.
Many innovative solutions were developed by South Africa. Though I really want to distance myself from apartheid.

Many innovative solutions were developed by South Africa. Though I really want to distance myself from apartheid.
apartheid was a curse and it is in its rightful place... graveyard with cow dung on it. worst period in our history. We have a new generation who has voted for the first time which was born and grew up after it was ended.

any country/people that create an aura based on race/colour/religion are doomed in the end to fail. History has taught us that repeatedly. I hope people learn and embrace diversity not use excuses to persecute and sow seeds of hate.

asb1qisdj.jpg

asb2olsie.jpg

asb301ssa.jpg

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

aaarrrd2ta3b.png

Swedish APC CV90 with 40mm autocannon which probably can destroy a T72 500 to 1000 meters away.

Swedish_CV9040.JPG

What a beast, it is basically a tank... lol

Back
Top Bottom