What's new

any updates on status of T-14 Armata?

Georg

Reaction score
Country
Germany
it is realy quiet about the T-14 Armata currently since the begin of the Ukraine war.

The latest news I read was from begin of 2022 befor the russian invasion of Ukraine a quote in the TASS... which claimed according to russian ministry of economy the production of the T-14 start "later" this year (2022) with a whopping 16 T-14 on order.(the 5 or 6th time they claim production start soon since 2018)
Today I run over a youtube video of a guy talking about Ukraine war in general and why there are no T-14 figthing... he claims that the whole firecontroll of the T-14 is from Thales / France and because of sanctions not avaible ... which he claims is the end of the T-14.

Now I would like to hear if there are any informations about is the T-14 in production or not... if it is how much are planed...are there already production T-14 seen or are we all still looking at the same preproduction prototypes since 2015.

A other story I had read that russia had send 5 (other sources claimed 3) T-14 for front line testing to Syria and that one of the preproduction testmules was completely destroed in a ambush... any information about that avaible?

Unique and powerful piece of hardware but like all high profile Russian projects it's on the backburner.
Russians don't have the money or economy to produce these machines in large numbers, same problem with SU57.
Last i checked Russia had the Armatas in single or double digits, that's the issue countries like America can field their high tech stuff in masses and corner Russia, look at SU35 and American F35 program.
Russia has the tech to design stuff but not mass produce it.
That's why they wanted us to invest heavily in dev cycle of SU57 and buy it in large numbers (Joint Project) so their economy can benefit from the sales. But in the end we left after the initial interjection of 250 million USD in development cycle, too costly, not as per requirements of IAF, product in development hell and it's way more beneficial to go for locally made stuff.

Last edited:
it is realy quiet about the T-14 Armata currently since the begin of the Ukraine war.

The latest news I read was from begin of 2022 befor the russian invasion of Ukraine a quote in the TASS... which claimed according to russian ministry of economy the production of the T-14 start "later" this year (2022) with a whopping 16 T-14 on order.(the 5 or 6th time they claim production start soon since 2018)
Today I run over a youtube video of a guy talking about Ukraine war in general and why there are no T-14 figthing... he claims that the whole firecontroll of the T-14 is from Thales / France and because of sanctions not avaible ... which he claims is the end of the T-14.

Now I would like to hear if there are any informations about is the T-14 in production or not... if it is how much are planed...are there already production T-14 seen or are we all still looking at the same preproduction prototypes since 2015.

A other story I had read that russia had send 5 (other sources claimed 3) T-14 for front line testing to Syria and that one of the preproduction testmules was completely destroed in a ambush... any information about that avaible?
I saw photos of an Armata in Ukraine (from what the Russians say).

Its halted, Russia has bigger production priorities right now.

Back
Top Bottom