What's new

Any regular swimmers ?

When I was a child .. My father took me to the pool... I was kinda scared at first.. Than I was in the water and that's how I learnt swimming lol.

A good teacher would have prevented that.:nono:

I know a douche who almost drowned... We told him the water was shallow .. (10 ft).. The moron jumped... We laughed .. Till the life guard told his whiny whimpy ... out ... He was almost 20.. Me & pals were 12.

N

And then X-files ruined my whole relationship with water :blink:
i rember the xfiles episode which had a pond in a house and the pond was covered by transparent tiles... as if you are walking on water

I had great ninja/taekwondo teachers-good tennis teachers - regarding weight training, I read arnolds book.. after that hhh's however i didnt get good swimming trainers

heheheh....maybe.... then again I didnt really tell her.....she was concentrating on other swimmers :ashamed:

I still blame X-files :p:
Damn those X-files.:pissed::pissed::pissed:
When I was a child .. My father took me to the pool... I was kinda scared at first.. Than I was in the water and that's how I learnt swimming lol.

I know a douche who almost drowned... We told him the water was shallow .. (10 ft).. The moron jumped... We laughed .. Till the life guard told his whiny whimpy ... out ... He was almost 20.. Me & pals were 12.
He was lucky then,was it at the beach or a swimmingpool?

i rember the xfiles episode which had a pond in a house and the pond was covered by transparent tiles... as if you are walking on water

The only time I remember x-files is when I am in a pool...in the beggining it was soo bad I couldnt even be in our bath tub! I had to shower with the door open in case I had to run out when I see the alien....the victim in the x-files didnt get out of the shower in time hence died :ashamed:

I had great ninja/taekwondo teachers
No you didnt :angry: they would have ninja-ed you for confusing the 2 martial arts :pissed:

I had a terrible karate sensei....The guy was actually growing fat- prob change of interest and maybe a sudden interest in Sumo (no he wasnt that fat but I was a kid he looked enormous)

good tennis teachers
I prefer Badminton - taught myself that ;)

I heard from @SvenSvensonov that the US Navy has a way of teaching people to swim that's kind of fun.

You'll be asked, "can you swim?"

Yes - line 1. We're done here.
No - line 2. We'll teach you how.

Sven told me that during his basic one guy said he wasn't sure if he could or not... he was pushed into a pool and quickly learned how to swim:partay:. Survival instincts are funny that way.

On a more serious note, try asking @Technogaianist she's an avid swimmer.
it does not work all the time my fat cousin was thrown in to the pool and sank like a stone. the crap thing was the life guard on duty was tiny and multiple life guards pulled him out. the bad thing was that it was funny as f*ck and i could not stop laughing.

@Manticore swimming is easy swim in a pool thats about 1.2[4ft] meters deep. just lean your body forwards slowly and when there barely no weight on your feet kick up and start kicking you feet at a decent pace now use your hands like a doggy paddling. that will keep you floating and stationary kinda. using your hands as paddels and feet as a rudder now you can steer and move.

once you are confidant. put your back against the wall and kick against it and stroke your arms either froggy style or the usual way.

or if your feeling ballsy stand in the pool and very slowly fall your back into the pool you will notice if your very slow, you will float. dont worry if you drown the water is not that deep providing its not taller than upto your neck.

Today was my third day of swimming with an instructor.

I have fairly good gym stamina of cardio + wt training of 2 hours/day-4 days a week however my whole body is aching now after 3 sessions of 1.5 hours each. Funny thing is that the muscles like shoulders which i train heavily in the gym are also aching a lot----- during the sessions i dont feel exhausted but as soon as i get out of water the whole world weighs down on me

Try laying on your back in the water,you will float,dont be scared.
my legs go down

Good luck....What my instructor did was asked us to hold the side and literally buried our faces in water ...
thats the quickest way to learn --- to be one with the force

--
Instructor said that i will need 2 more sessions to completely learn free style

during the sessions i didnt feel exhausted but as soon as i get out of water the whole world weighs down on me
yea happened to me too when I used to swim and also happened when I played badminton....Also happens when I am at work (as long as I am in the lab I dont feel the pain the postdoc was complaining while working with me and I am like you are tired already? And we saw the time, we were standing for almost 4hrs continuously and I was fine but the min I got home I was on the sofa for the rest of the evening :undecided:....Its probably me :unsure:

my legs go down
ain? relax kero after a while they technically should go up (float) because of the air in your body and also buoyancy or something...Give it about 2-5 mins....the min you relax you should float...I float for like 5 sec than sink due to panic and manage to exhale every drop of air from my lungs making me sink like a rock! :(

If you still cant float my instructor had told me to hold my legs and curl up like a ball...at first you will sink but eventually you will float ....

thats the quickest way to learn --- to be one with the force
sometimes it felt like torture :unsure:

Instructor said that i will need 2 more sessions to completely learn free style
thats good! you learnt to do the breathing while turning the face? I found that tough!

Dont wory about the legs,did you float or not?
chest and upper face floats when i am floating on my back, face looking at ceiling

full body floats when i am on my belly looking in pool

I heard from @SvenSvensonov that the US Navy has a way of teaching people to swim that's kind of fun.

You'll be asked, "can you swim?"

Yes - line 1. We're done here.
No - line 2. We'll teach you how.

Sven told me that during his basic one guy said he wasn't sure if he could or not... he was pushed into a pool and quickly learned how to swim:partay:. Survival instincts are funny that way.

On a more serious note, try asking @Technogaianist she's an avid swimmer.
I think ive chlorine allergy:(
lemon in water or vit-c in water might be home remedy ?

moisturiser creams

Once you learn that peeing in pools is totally acceptable, your life changes forever.

Back
Top Bottom