What's new

Another Indian Plane makes an emergency landing in Karachi citing "technical" faults

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1658103543865.png

An Indian airliner carrying 186 passengers from Sharjah made an emergency landing at Karachi's Jinnah International Airport — the second such incident this month — after reporting a "technical defect" in the wee hours of Sunday, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) spokesman Saifur Rehman said.

The IndiGo airline plane, which was bound for Hyderabad Deccan, landed "safely" at the Karachi airport after seeking permission from the air control tower at 2:14am, the spokesperson added.

The passengers were allowed to disembark the plane and were taken to the transit lounge.

An alternative aircraft of the Indian airline has reached the Karachi airport from Ahmedabad to take passengers to their destination after fulfilling the necessary formalities.

"It will take an hour or so to complete the process," the CAA spokesperson said.

Meanwhile, the airliner IndiGo issued a statement saying that its flight 6E-1406 heading from Sharjah to Hyderabad Deccan was diverted to Karachi after the pilot "observed a technical defect".

"Necessary procedures were followed and as a precaution, the aircraft was diverted to Karachi.” the airline added.

It also said the aircraft was currently being examined at the Karachi airport.

Earlier this month, a Dubai-bound flight carrying nearly 100 passengers from New Delhi had also made an emergency landing at the Karachi airport after it reported an "oil leak".

SpiceJet had confirmed the development on its Twitter handle, but insisted that there was no emergency declared as the landing was normal.

The Directorate General Of Civil Aviation was quoted as saying that the pilots had observed an unusual reduction in fuel quantity and suspected a leak.

However, no evidence of the fuel leak was found after the aircraft landed.

A day later, India's aviation regulator had issued a warning notice to SpiceJet after a review of recent incidents — including an aircraft's emergency landing at Karachi airport — showed "poor internal safety oversight and inadequate maintenance actions" by the airline.

20220718_012042.jpg
20220718_012234.jpg
20220718_012113.jpg
20220718_012137.png

20220718_012525.jpg

Look at the flight path, had they maintained the straight path, they could have landed in Ahmedabad. This looked more deliberate. Not sure how many think so.

Why would they deliberately divert to Karachi?
I don't know what's going on. May be some unloading. It just looked weird as they had to really turn left to reach Karachi when they could have got to Ahmedabad which is also almost at the same distance. Also seems there is no fuel leak as they claimed which is increasing my doubts.

I don't know what's going on. May be some unloading. It just looked weird as they had to really turn left to reach Karachi when they could have got to Ahmedabad which is also almost at the same distance. Also seems there is no fuel leak as they claimed which is increasing my doubts.
Who knows to be honest, this is the third such incident of Indian aircraft diverting to Karachi.

It could be due to many reasons such as the facilities at Karachi Airport could be better than Ahmedabad. The pilot and the staff knew better than us.

Like I mentioned in other thread couple of weeks ago, once my plane was diverted to Delhi when it was about to land at Lahore Airport. They could have attempted a landing in Islamabad or Peshawar Airport but due to technical reasons already mentioned several times in my posts, Delhi sounded like a better option.

Look at the flight path, had they maintained the straight path, they could have landed in Ahmedabad. This looked more deliberate. Not sure how many think so.

At the point of turn Ahmedabad is twice the distance compared to Karachi. If you are suspecting an engine / fuel leak problem of all things you don't want to be adventurous. Their nearest airport in India was probably Jamnagar, but still further away than Karachi. Moreover your chances of finding skilled technicians, ground support equipment, test equipment, replacement parts etc are far higher in Karachi than in Jamnagar. Commercial pilots are loathe to grounding the aircraft due to pressure from management and sometimes they will choose a location from where they can fly out the fastest.

The air worthiness of Indian operated airlines is highly questionable. A moratorium on Indian air traffic over Pakistani airspace is highly recommended as Indian operations post pandemic are ill prepared.

View attachment 862853
An Indian airliner carrying 186 passengers from Sharjah made an emergency landing at Karachi's Jinnah International Airport — the second such incident this month — after reporting a "technical defect" in the wee hours of Sunday, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) spokesman Saifur Rehman said.

The IndiGo airline plane, which was bound for Hyderabad Deccan, landed "safely" at the Karachi airport after seeking permission from the air control tower at 2:14am, the spokesperson added.

The passengers were allowed to disembark the plane and were taken to the transit lounge.

An alternative aircraft of the Indian airline has reached the Karachi airport from Ahmedabad to take passengers to their destination after fulfilling the necessary formalities.

"It will take an hour or so to complete the process," the CAA spokesperson said.

Meanwhile, the airliner IndiGo issued a statement saying that its flight 6E-1406 heading from Sharjah to Hyderabad Deccan was diverted to Karachi after the pilot "observed a technical defect".

"Necessary procedures were followed and as a precaution, the aircraft was diverted to Karachi.” the airline added.

It also said the aircraft was currently being examined at the Karachi airport.

Earlier this month, a Dubai-bound flight carrying nearly 100 passengers from New Delhi had also made an emergency landing at the Karachi airport after it reported an "oil leak".

SpiceJet had confirmed the development on its Twitter handle, but insisted that there was no emergency declared as the landing was normal.

The Directorate General Of Civil Aviation was quoted as saying that the pilots had observed an unusual reduction in fuel quantity and suspected a leak.

However, no evidence of the fuel leak was found after the aircraft landed.

A day later, India's aviation regulator had issued a warning notice to SpiceJet after a review of recent incidents — including an aircraft's emergency landing at Karachi airport — showed "poor internal safety oversight and inadequate maintenance actions" by the airline.

View attachment 862858View attachment 862859View attachment 862860View attachment 862861

View attachment 862862
Very Well done, Sir.
@RescueRanger

Pakistan needs to be on alert. This could be some sort of pattern. I don't know what but we need to be careful.
These planes could be outfitted with spying equipment, being flown by airforce pilots, and all the passengers are actually intel operatives.

It could be due to many reasons such as the facilities at Karachi Airport could be better than Ahmedabad. The pilot and the staff knew better than us.

Like I mentioned in other thread couple of weeks ago, once my plane was diverted to Delhi when it was about to land at Lahore Airport. They could have attempted a landing in Islamabad or Peshawar Airport but due to technical reasons already mentioned several times in my posts, Delhi sounded like a better option.

I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I think I remember your thread.

There are rumors that all these Indian planes landing under pretext of emergency are filled with dollars which is why they are only landing in Karachi where the entire state machinery is under PPP. This is the same money that is being offered to buy MPAs of PTI.
This is also the main reason behind constant dollar increase, as country is being drained of it.
Now these are rumors, I don't have a source for it. Take it as you like.

There are rumors that all these Indian planes landing under pretext of emergency are filled with dollars which is why they are only landing in Karachi where the entire state machinery is under PPP. This is the same money that is being offered to buy MPAs of PTI.
This is also the main reason behind constant dollar increase, as country is being drained of it.
Now these are rumors, I don't have a source for it. Take it as you like.
Yes I also want to know if this is possible. Keeping in mind both Sindh and Central gov are thieves

Back
Top Bottom