What's new

Anger in Afghanistan at female pilot's US asylum bid

The thing is, US will grant her asylum (the same deal as the Mexican police chief I mentioned in my post) But they will do so quietly, the case will be judge and the inherit risk (even tho she asked to take the risk in the first place) is obiviously too high, I don't see why US will not grant her asylum.

However, that is immoral for her parts, I am okay with US granting her the asylum status under the table, but I would have at least asked the State Department to cancel or taken back her "Women of Courages" award,

As for her, with her asylum bid success or fail, she WILL BE FOREVER branded as a coward. Chances are 2 or 3 years down the road, nobody will ever remember her anymore. The problem is, what she did is to betray the trust of her fellow soldier, I know a few ANA troop back in the days when I was in Afghanistan, they don't sit well with coward like that. This is a shame actually for the people of afghanistan.

For afghanistan, they needed these pilot, set aside this will set a bad example for everyone, it does not take a rocket scientist to see this really hurt the afghan already depleted manpower. As I said, youmay as well grant asylum to all afghan women as this is a very bad PR.
A soldier fights for his country no matter how high the risk. He or she does not withdraw or seek to run away from the country over fear of being killed.

Apparently Afghan officials have written to the U.S. state department stating her accusations regarding harassment at work is false, and they're willing to provide report of their research. Not sure how that will affect her case but yes I said this too, no one will remember her a few years down the line. As far as I know, U.S. has already milked out high profile Afghans from the country, and this woman could be a good extra addition to the U.S.

Btw, are you Afghan?

Well, the thing is, being liberal minded, America would rather take her in than just throw her out to died, that would have been very bad PR, even if that is remotely true, also, another angle is that she might be court martial by the Afghan Military if and when she returned. That will also contribute to the decision making.

On the other hand, this is such a bad move by her anyway, even if she can stay and work in the US, she will most likely ended up working in some crappy job, I think she is famous enough (or now infamous) for people to recongize, and I would not hire a person who just leave when things get tough. If she stays, her fate is sealed. At least I don't think the USAF will be interested in this kind of personal trait. Or any airline in that matter

I am an American born Chinese, I spend 9 months in afghanistan during the war.

A soldier fights for his country no matter how high the risk. He or she does not withdraw or seek to run away from the country over fear of being killed.

Well, this is how it goes, but there are always someone freeze on the front line, some who will run the other way.

There is a gap between training and reality, she is not the first one broke, and she will not be the last one. Again, such a shame for the afghan, many people look up to her and yet she now disappointing many people back home.

I agree completely with you. The "evil" West has tried everything (and spent billions) trying to help improve women's life and role in the country, but seems most of the people there are glad with their cultural backwardness of keeping their women behind close doors and restricting them from doing anything.
There is only so much we can do. We should just let these people carry on with their backwardness, since according to them it's part of their culture. Lol

Anyway, I agree we should offer asylum to this young forward looking brave girl. She actually wants to achieve something in her life, and there is a great security threat against her life in the country, since according to the article even her own family is targeting her for going against the country's backward so called "local culture". We should let them live under their Taliban moral rule and take in those who are willing to advance/move forward with the world. :)

Exactly. :tup:
Why she joined a high risk profession in the first place?

But what she did was slightly unethical she shouldve asked for more security in her home country first

Also this should be a wake-up call for Afghan authorities best reply to those who threatened her would be to hire even more women even if its just tokenism

Or any airline in that matter
7844-004-03F08612.jpg
?

Why she joined a high risk profession in the first place?

But what she did was slightly unethical she shouldve asked for more security in her home country first

Also this should be a wake-up call for Afghan authorities best reply to those who threatened her would be to hire even more women even if its just tokenism

7844-004-03F08612.jpg
?

She should have providing security for Afghanistan in the first place

lol. and I don't see many female crop duster pilot around....

Break the ceiling she could again become first of something :D

You know it was kind of her job and she was suppose to protect others but she chickened out

Well, only to be afraid of bugs and quit..............right?

Well, the thing is, being liberal minded, America would rather take her in than just throw her out to died, that would have been very bad PR, even if that is remotely true, also, another angle is that she might be court martial by the Afghan Military if and when she returned. That will also contribute to the decision making.

On the other hand, this is such a bad move by her anyway, even if she can stay and work in the US, she will most likely ended up working in some crappy job, I think she is famous enough (or now infamous) for people to recongize, and I would not hire a person who just leave when things get tough. If she stays, her fate is sealed. At least I don't think the USAF will be interested in this kind of personal trait. Or any airline in that matter
That's a good point. Personally it's a win-win for her, but professionally a massive loss. By the way, which part of Afghanistan have you worked in?

Well there is always McDonalds if everything else fails :D

Well......maybe working for minimum wages is not acceptable for her too? lol :lol:

On the other hand, isn't pork haram for muslim?? I don't think she can work in Mcdonald if she cannot handle pork.......

That's a good point. Personally it's a win-win for her, but professionally a massive loss. By the way, which part of Afghanistan have you worked in?

Yeah, well, as far as I concern, this is actually quite a bad move for her, she could have waited and then try to get it the right way, using another other way instead of applying for asylum, she could have try to secure a job in the US after her stint with the Afghan Air Force is done, or she could have married a foreign national and move somewhere else, If this is the way this happen, people won't blame her as much if not at all, but applying for asylum after a training stint in the US, everyone would think she is just a coward, well, a high profile coward.

I was stationed in RC South HQ in Kandahar,I have a desk at KAF, but I was a base hopper, I usually flew from Firebase to Firebase all over South East Region, but yeah, I am mostly in the South or South East region.

Well......maybe working for minimum wages is not acceptable for her too? lol :lol:

On the other hand, isn't pork haram for muslim?? I don't think she can work in Mcdonald if she cannot handle pork.......

Yeah, well, as far as I concern, this is actually quite a bad move for her, she could have waited and then try to get it the right way, using another other way instead of applying for asylum, she could have try to secure a job in the US after her stint with the Afghan Air Force is done, or she could have married a foreign national and move somewhere else, If this is the way this happen, people won't blame her as much if not at all, but applying for asylum after a training stint in the US, everyone would think she is just a coward, well, a high profile coward.

I was stationed in RC South HQ in Kandahar,I have a desk at KAF, but I was a base hopper, I usually flew from Firebase to Firebase all over South East Region, but yeah, I am mostly in the South or South East region.
Oh yeah i forgot US Mcdonald has pork ok then i guess KFC is her last hope :D

Yeah better option wouldve been marrying an American Afghan and using him as justification to quiting and moving to US but now her CV has a big black stain on it people just wont trust her

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom