What's new

Ancient historical sites in Syria destroyed by the Al-Assad terror regime

@al-Hasani , @MOHSENAM , @MoshteAhani

What happened? Have we had a revolution of sorts on this thread? Why are you not quarreling?

That was big-hearted of all of you, but particularly @al-Hasani , since he struck the conciliatory tone first. I hate when you brothers start quarreling. I did not feel like issuing infractions / warnings. I am glad that I did not do so.

Yeh mate, better engaging in a dialogue than unnecesary fightings.

What happened? Have we had a revolution of sorts on this thread? Why are you not quarreling?

That was big-hearted of all of you, but particularly @al-Hasani , since he struck the conciliatory tone first. I hate when you brothers start quarreling. I did not feel like issuing infractions / warnings. I am glad that I did not do so.

Well, just idiotic and shameful behavior not worthy of an adult person let alone a Muslim. I need to stop engaging in such petty and idiotic fights. But unfortunately such fights and similar fights based on differences (whatever they are and whoever they are between) is what has made our world such a bad place on many fronts and destroyed the ME which could be the best place on earth or one of the best places at least. This is obviously not how any of us behave in reality at least I do not believe so.

If infractions/bans were issued we would be deserving of such a thing.

Good post, dont have any objections on it apart from the Assad issue.

What you are saying about a beautiful Syria is right but it was way back before the crisis begun, Syria was one of the most strongest among the arab nations politically and militarily especially after Gadaffi fell this country was the one that Israel feared the most.

What i dont agree with Syrian opposition is that instead pouring all these resources and energy into a endless bloody conflict they should have put it on the noble cause of returning their lands which are occupied.

This conflict only makes the enemies of the region more happy, including the weapon dealer thugs in the USA and elswhere.

I have always said that the ME deserve better leaders everywhere. Compared to the leaders in Europe and the West (who are neither perfect believe me - I have lived half of my life in the West) then they are almost "saints". Our people deserve better. I could write entire books dealing with this topic but I don't want to offend anyone here, nor other Arabs or compatriots who might disagree with me politically. So I usually keep a distance unless I encounter serious discussions. Me and @Hazzy997 have had very long discussions about the visions of the region and I have discussed this with other users too.

The Syrian issue is complex but the way I see it is that Al-Assad has lost his legitimacy after what he has done. Before this conflict I had nothing against Al-Assad and if he was not doing all those crimes that he has been doing I would not have objected to his rule. The Al-Assad family actually had close ties with the House of Saud and there have even been intermarriages which you can read about if you do some research. Not that I care to be honest with you it just shows that relations were cordial.

I do not consider radicals such as ISIS and others to be representatives of the Syrian opposition. I am not sure if you know it but ISIS has been killing FSA for close to 2 years now. Anyway it is a complex situation and I do not think that we will agree politically. I just don't understand how you can support Al-Assad? I mean what is the problem with letting the Syrians decide? Let them make a coalition government. All I care about is a peaceful Syria so I can visit it again and so its problems are not going to spread to nearby countries (KSA, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Jordan etc.) that would make our region even more bloody and problematic. We don't need that.

For all I care let the Christians Arabs or Assyrians rule Syria. As long as peace prevails and they start from a fresh. They deserve that.

@MOHSENAM mate please delete your posts. We made peace now and we all agreed about it being a silly and unnecessary discussion as usual. We already proven that we can have serious discussions despite some political differences and misunderstandings.

Last edited:
@al-Hasani deserved it. He is acting mature and dignified. You could do the same.

Nah, we all agreed on this step. It should not have happened in the first place. I know @MOHSENAM since quite a long time ago here and we even discussed privately when PM's were an option on PDF so I have some short of perception of his personality based on our interactions. We are both nationalistic and proud of our histories (Arab/Semitic, Persian/Iranian etc.), we tend to defend our countries despite being well aware that not all is perfect and we are rather young and emotional people when we enter debates. Other than that he seems like a friendly person but I cannot know. I think that he has some misconceptions about me and vice versa. Most people would probably get along here if we met in real life.

He probably thinks that I hate Persians which I do not do but on this forum you have a few Persian users who are very anti-Arab and blame all their faults in life on us and some events that took place 1500 year ago almost etc. Of course on the other hand we also reply and know what buttons to push etc. When this happens the trolling starts and it's hard to end before you either come to terms among each other or an moderator (outsider) interferes and gives infractions, bans or closes the thread. Yet I believe that there is a underlined respect anyway due to Arabs/Semites and Persian/Indo-Iranian peoples having played key roles in the region since ancient times. Also people know about the similarities deep down inside too. Yes, they do exist, believe it or not.

Also I believe that we should make it clear in the future that our disagreements are bound in politics etc. rather than anything else. I mean none of us are rulers anyway so. In this way nationalism is a bad thing as it can result in blind idiotic support.

Just my two cents.

@al-Hasani

Done Matey. Sorry for insults. I like every nation include "Arab".

Respect Bro.

I Respect u man and your believes, cause u are Muslim, Shia or Sunni .

@al-Hasani can say hurtful things sometimes which I dont think he always means, and I also believe he has a big heart lol
Same for Iranian users.

@al-Hasani

Done Matey. Sorry for insults. I like every nation include Arab.

Mate, it's not about liking. As I told you I truly do not hate any person or even thing here in this life. I find some unacceptable, annoying and disagree with them for instance. I am excluding criminals etc. and evil persons here. I do not represent every Arab country here and we have our own differences just like you Iranians have. I think that it would be a healthy thing if ME people had exchange programs etc., cultural meetings etc. so we could learn more about each other and appreciate the good things that we can offer. This is the best way to eliminate misconceptions, prejudices etc. I mean what does an average Iranian from Yazd for instance know about an Saudi Arabian from Al-Baha? Or what does an Iranian from Mashhad know about an Jordanian? Or an Iranian from Tabriz about an Egyptian from Alexandria? The list is enormous. Almost nothing, sadly.

KSA has had success with exchange programs to almost all countries of the world. From Australia to Canada and from Poland to Spain. I bet that many Saudi Arabians and locals also had misconceptions about their hosts/guests etc. but they were probably pleasantly surprised most of the time. Without dialogue all this will not change and I people that dialogue is the best solution for most things in life. We all know that from all problems of life. It's better to talk than doing nothing.

Look at all those hate groups such as Neo-Nazis, KKK and other similar groups. Whenever their members are interviewed by the people they are taught to hate something strange happens. They realize that those people that they hate are just as them with slightly cosmetic differences such as skin color, language etc.

@al-Hasani can say hurtful things sometimes which I dont think he always means, and I also believe he has a big heart lol
Same for Iranian users.

Thanks mate. You know my view on you already.

Har du det godt, LOL?

Mate, it's not about liking. As I told you I truly do not hate any person or even thing here in this life. I find some unacceptable, annoying and disagree with them for instance. I am excluding criminals etc. and evil persons here. I do not represent every Arab country here and we have our own differences just like you Iranians have. I think that it would be a healthy thing if ME people had exchange programs etc., cultural meetings etc. so we could learn more about each other and appreciate the good things that we can offer. This is the best way to eliminate misconceptions, prejudices etc. I mean what does an average Iranian from Yazd for instance know about an Saudi Arabian from Al-Baha? Or what does an Iranian from Mashhad know about an Jordanian? Or an Iranian from Tabriz about an Egyptian from Alexandria? The list is enormous. Almost nothing, sadly.

KSA has had success with exchange programs to almost all countries of the world. From Australia to Canada and from Poland to Spain. I bet that many Saudi Arabians and locals also had misconceptions about their hosts/guests etc. but they were probably pleasantly surprised most of the time. Without dialogue all this will not change and I people that dialogue is the best solution for most things in life. We all know that from all problems of life. It's better to talk than doing nothing.

Look at all those hate groups such as Neo-Nazis, KKK and other similar groups. Whenever their members are interviewed by the people they are taught to hate something strange happens. They realize that those people that they hate are just as them with slightly cosmetic differences such as skin color, language etc.

Thanks mate. You know my view on you already.

Har du det godt, LOL?

I know what are u saying man. We all when comes to PDF become nutts :lol:

I have visited some Saudi Shia and Sunnis in Iran and really welcomed and respected them like Iraqis Arabs.

The Saudis women that I have seen in Iran are so veiled and men are pretty handsome.

Same for Iranian users.

He has two sisters. Other than PDF he has a big heart. lol

Saudis and Iranians are bound to put their differences aside eventually, we are geographical neighbours and both of us are here to stay for as long as earth and humans are here, things just got a bit out of hand with the 1979 fiascos, the Iranian revolution coupled with the Saudi socio-political solution for the grand mosque seizure both were devastating for the region.

I don't know enough about the internal politics of Iran so I won't comment on the issue, but at least in Saudi Arabia the religious situation is being reversed, and in a big way. A more lax and liberal government and society is going to be the outcome in KSA in 10 years time at maximum. I hope by that time this whole Sunni-Shia none sense is resolved.

Back
Top Bottom