What's new

Ancient Buddhist history and architecture of Pakistan

While reading this thread...I couldn't just help but chuckle thinking "what if the Buddha was a Pathan"? :rofl:
"Khocha h̶um tumko zindagi ka chaar such bataey gi"

Muslims of Pakistan reverted to Islam to escape the tyranny of Buddhism.

I am already on my knees.

Please....

1647625707749.png

The Bustan samples were outliers found from Uzbekistan in a BMAC archeological site.

The Aigyrzhal samples were found Kyrgyzstan and are the oldest of the ancient samples here.

The Alalakh outlier sample is from Hatay, Turkey. Alalakh was a major bronze-age city.

Outlier here means that the samples are genetically distinct from other samples found in the same area.

The most mind-boggling sample here to me is the Bustan Outlier 2. It is astonishing that this sample is from the Bronze Age and not even from the region, yet is genetically close to Pakistani and NW Indian ethnic groups. What do you think the origins of this person would have been?

View attachment 825295

The Bustan samples were outliers found from Uzbekistan in a BMAC archeological site.

The Aigyrzhal samples were found Kyrgyzstan and are the oldest of the ancient samples here.

The Alalakh outlier sample is from Hatay, Turkey. Alalakh was a major bronze-age city.

Outlier here means that the samples are genetically distinct from other samples found in the same area.

The most mind-boggling sample here to me is the Bustan Outlier 2. It is astonishing that this sample is from the Bronze Age and not even from the region, yet is genetically close to Pakistani and NW Indian ethnic groups. What do you think the origins of this person would have been?
Great balls of fire!

Great balls of fire!
My theory is that the Bustan Outlier 2 sample would have belonged to IVC settlers or traders that had intermingled with the inhabitants of BMAC. This isn't too far-fetched as IVC did have a trading settlement along the Oxus.

While the Aigyrzhal samples may have belonged to early Steppe migrants that intermingled with BMAC.

I'm not too sure about BO 1. The most significant difference between BO 1 and 2 is that BO 1 has significantly less AASI admixture. Perhaps it belonged to a group of IVC settlers or traders as well, but from a different (more Western) region of the IVC like North Balochistan (Pirak).

Last edited:
Budha was known as saka-muni.Saka were scythian people.They called their nation saka and ethnicity as getae(plural;as described by Herodotus;pronounced with "J").Jats of greater Punjab,including muslim jats, are descendendents of those saka and were followers of saka-muni for centuries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom