What's new

Anatomy of the Hatf-VIII Ra’ad Air Launched Cruise Missile

There is no such thing as aproval for use . The aproval is for sale or technology transfered to china .
Each and every weapon of US origin is bound to US approvals for further modifications.

we had that approval in 1965 hence no need to ask them again.

EDIT.
If the Americas ask why did we do this tell them in their own language.
WE DID IT ON GRAND MAMA RIGHT. This is what the Americans say when they have been doing business for a very long time (over 50 Years).
There is no such thing as 'our own language' and other patriotic stuff in military arms agreement. There are clauses which are meant to be followed. If you follow them, you earn the reputation of trust worth customer, if you don't then it create issues. And that's the reason we still fly C130 acquired in early 1964s and have repeatedly failed (till now) to acquire more and modern versions.

I've stared at the Ra'ad enough to know that that is a Ra'ad-1. Also this is recent and reads second phase. So good news I suppose. We should see the JF-17 with Ra'ad soon.

Let me be the first to admit I was wrong about the Ra'ad not being able to fit under the JF-17. The issues must have been of local integration instead.
No i still think it can't fit under the belly but as shown in the pic it can easily fit under the wing pylon.

Each and every weapon of US origin is bound to US approvals for further modifications.

There is no such thing as 'our own language' and other patriotic stuff in military arms agreement. There are clauses which are meant to be followed. If you follow them, you earn the reputation of trust worth customer, if you don't then it create issues. And that's the reason we still fly C130 acquired in early 1964s and have repeatedly failed (till now) to acquire more and modern versions.
really ? then how was pakistani f-16 mentioned as nuclear attack capable in early 2000s ad late 90s ??????
how cobras were using baktar shiken ????
there is no such thing for older weapons pnly new tech have such paper work .

really ? then how was pakistani f-16 mentioned as nuclear attack capable in early 2000s ad late 90s ??????
how cobras were using baktar shiken ????
there is no such thing for older weapons pnly new tech have such paper work .
Because none of it demanded air frame modifications and we have taken advantage of gaps in terms and conditions about which Americans were not so happy but couldn't do any thing as we didn't violate any clauses. In past, We have acquired kits to assumable M113 kits domestically (M113-P) without weapons mount as these armored vehicles don't qualify as weapon systems in shape of kits. Later we installed Chinese 12.7 and raised fleet of hundreds of them despite being under arms embargo. Similarly, We have used our indigenous kits to convert standard Mk80 series of bombs into LGBs and have used it through out WOT. Americans objected initially but were satisfied later on.

Take example of C-130B serial 3751, we wanted a specific major modification on that platform but Americans didn't allow it. Instead a portion of the upgrade was given green light and we see that upgrade applied today.

Last edited:
No i still think it can't fit under the belly but as shown in the pic it can easily fit under the wing pylon.
under = on (that is anywhere on the JF-17). The picture I shared clearly shows on the wing hard-point and my original post shows it's impossible on the centerline hard-point. Sorry for the confusion.

I did some Pixel counting and it seems like Raad-2 has the same dimensions as MBDA Storm Shadow.
It looks like between 5.1 meters and 5.3 meters long and same dia as of Storm Shadow/ SCALP.
Thunder carries fuel tanks under the wings which are 5.5 meters long .
So dimensions may not be an issue with Raad-2.. but the other variant is the weight of the missile, which we dont know yet.
It is surely longer and thinner than Raad-1, but what's the weight?
Obviously Thunder has limitations about what weight it can carry under the wings.

I did some Pixel counting and it seems like Raad-2 has the same dimensions as MBDA Storm Shadow.
It looks like between 5.1 meters and 5.3 meters long and same dia as of Storm Shadow/ SCALP.
Thunder carries fuel tanks under the wings which are 5.5 meters long .
So dimensions may not be an issue with Raad-2.. but the other variant is the weight of the missile, which we dont know yet.
It is surely longer and thinner than Raad-1, but what's the weight?
Obviously Thunder has limitations about what weight it can carry under the wings.
we know thunder can carry 1000 kg under wing hard points.
so i doubt weight will be an issue

Hi,

There are no restrictions on use---. Americans would love to see their equipment chew up indian equipment and then spit it out---.
Agreed Sir ,there is no such thing as bad publicity its always publicity and In hearts kicking Russian equipment with US made ones are part of sales power point examples ,e.g F16 /AIM 120 got publicity by shooting down SU-30

Agreed Sir ,there is no such thing as bad publicity its always publicity and In hearts kicking Russian equipment with US made ones are part of sales power point examples ,e.g F16 /AIM 120 got publicity by shooting down SU-30

Despite USA being India ally, i am sure the USA quite enjoyed the F16 shooting down the Su30MKI. One of the most modern Russian fighters equipped with Russian Radars and Missiles !

Hi,

There are no restrictions on use---. Americans would love to see their equipment chew up indian equipment and then spit it out---.
US will keep selling us better then what india have until India not buying US jets which i can see happens very soon in ongoing confrontation with China

Hi,

No Sir, there are regulations and controls. Americans think far beyond then loving their stuff blowing up stuff of non-American guys.

No Sir, there are regulations and controls. Americans think far beyond then loving their stuff blowing up stuff of non-American guys.

Hi,

You don't know the americans more than I do---. So---let us leave it at that---.

Hi,

You don't know the americans more than I do---. So---let us leave it at that---.
There are numerous types of them, just like numerous types of Pakistanis. And why search the answers among Common people or Armed Forces? The answer is with policy makers who are the actual decision makers.

If you cannot approach either of them, then you can sit with F16 ADF and ask, why Americans didn't allow the integration of Aim120C to this aircraft? Or why certain Turkish solutions cannot find their way into PAF F16s?
Or you can stand on deck of PNS Alamgir, and question that why Americans didn't allow the integration of new radar and air defense systems on this ship to make it 'more lethal'?

Examples are numerous, but you should not use speculation in such subjects. It don't match reality on ground.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom