What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

Vt-4 was rejected and Oplot was given another chance

Will oplot come with transfer of tech?

Vt-4 was rejected and Oplot was given another chance

Oplot hasent showed up for its summer trial n the summer's r almost gone.....n by the looks of it not coming at all.
While on the other hand vt4 has been in Pak for the last couple of months n it has passed all its technical trials n is currently going through field trials.
Plus the sort of cheap spears that Ukrainians have been providing t80ud for the last year or so is mind boggling....as things stand today oplot is out of the competition unless the Ukrainians offer complete tot. Knowing the Ukrainians n the cheap bast@rds that they have been through out the t80ud deal. PA continuing with them seems highly unlikely

Plus the Chinese have come back with a better offer of the their top of the line tank which might be here very soon.

Oplot hasent showed up for its summer trial n the summer's r almost gone.....n by the looks of it not coming at all.
While on the other hand vt4 has been in Pak for the last couple of months n it has passed all its technical trials n is currently going through field trials.
Plus the sort of cheap spears that Ukrainians have been providing t80ud for the last year or so is mind boggling....as things stand today oplot is out of the competition unless the Ukrainians offer complete tot. Knowing the Ukrainians n the cheap bast@rds that they have been through out the t80ud deal. PA continuing with them seems highly unlikely

Plus the Chinese have come back with a better offer of the their top of the line tank which might be here very soon.
What about that Oplot-P shown one of the Tank threads in this sub forum. Seems odd on part of the Ukrainians to make all that effort to develop a Pak specific variant and then not send it to trial at all. Not good business sense.
As for the Chinese tank coming again, can you please back it up with a credible source. One keeps hearing weird things on the internet.

As for the Chinese tank coming again, can you please back it up with a credible source. One keeps hearing weird things on the internet.

wt i tell is not from some news source n will not make it to the news for a while.
plus i am the one who originally broke the news of PA interest in acquiring another mbt n r looking at various options from which oplot was leading the way back than n at the same time bringing all our current t80ud to oplot standard....long long before it became news.
i was also the one who had said that the production of alkhalid had come to almost a stand still at the time of the ppp govt. this at a time when ppl on this forum were claiming absurd no. of tanks being produced by hit.
n the list goes on n on.

i dont post on this forum a lot but when i do u n the rest must read n listen.

wt i tell is not from some news source n will not make it to the news for a while.
plus i am the one who originally broke the news of PA interest in acquiring another mbt n r looking at various options from which oplot was leading the way back than n at the same time bringing all our current t80ud to oplot standard....long long before it became news.
i was also the one who had said that the production of alkhalid had come to almost a stand still at the time of the ppp govt. this at a time when ppl on this forum were claiming absurd no. of tanks being produced by hit.
n the list goes on n on.

There is no T90 is the picture?

Any interest of PA army to upgrade 85IIAP to 96B stardard?

n the list goes on n on.

Cost of the Oplot System is estimated by the following Source as $5 Million; If it is being considered; any chance the Turkish Altay Tank is being considered as it is probably in the same price range

Also any information Pakistan if planning upgrades to its other tanks; as a stop-gap or just a cost effective mid-life upgrade

Pakistan could consider doing something like the PT-16 Polish upgrade to the pt-91 (their version of the t-72; similar to al-khalid) on the current al-khalid and work with the turks on the armour for a small batch; source the gun from the poles; similar the leopard 2's gun, and the engine, active and passive defenses from the ukrianians

There are rumors that the VT-4 has passed combat trials in the Cholistan Desert, Pakistan.

There is no T90 is the picture?
The offer by the Russians still stands ie t90s. Even though we have alright relations with the Russians at the moment but chances of Pak buying from Russia r very slim..same goes for Ukraine as even though the cost of the tank it self was very reasonable but it has cost PA b arm n a leg to pay for the spares n right now the upgrade is costing PA more than the price of the actual tank....this leaving aside the piss poor quality of the spares n the endless delays....the oplot still has not showed up for retrials n if it does not show up for an other month or so than it might not show up at all as their is no point....the only thing that has showed up from Ukraine is a few beautiful girls though.
So the most likely option right now is vt4 or the copy of t90 that they have come up with or even t99 it self ie if they pass the trials ....
T85 is a stop gap n will be replaced in due course.
They won't be any more alzarrar upgrades either ie its reached its end of the line n all remaining t55/59 r being/ have been transferred to f.c

There are rumors that the VT-4 has passed combat trials in the Cholistan Desert, Pakistan.
Under trials as we speak....not passed

The offer by the Russians still stands ie t90s. Even though we have alright relations with the Russians at the moment but chances of Pak buying from Russia r very slim..same goes for Ukraine as even though the cost of the tank it self was very reasonable but it has cost PA b arm n a leg to pay for the spares n right now the upgrade is costing PA more than the price of the actual tank....this leaving aside the piss poor quality of the spares n the endless delays....the oplot still has not showed up for retrials n if it does not show up for an other month or so than it might not show up at all as their is no point....the only thing that has showed up from Ukraine is a few beautiful girls though.
So the most likely option right now is vt4 or the copy of t90 that they have come up with or even t99 it self ie if they pass the trials ....
T85 is a stop gap n will be replaced in due course.
They won't be any more alzarrar upgrades either ie its reached its end of the line n all remaining t55/59 r being/ have been transferred to f.c

Under trials as we speak....not passed
Damn I suppose Ukraine is still not able to get things back to order. Sad. Hopefully good news comes soon regardless of the tank winning!

Back
Top Bottom