What's new

An Article about the Hazaras

Some pictures from the Hazara Civil war in the 80's:
11255769_689464187843297_4089045031236311584_n.jpg
10468060_708175009305548_6261162806747658770_n.jpg
11224636_691039474352435_6069384984096212881_n.jpg

Orchestrated by none other than Iranian backed Hazara moulvis who the Iranians payed to orchestrate a Civil war in the Hazaras so the Soviets could focus on the Pashtuns only, in exchange for the Soviet union giving 9M113 Kornet wire guided missiles amongst other things to Iran.

Wait Hazaras were fighting each other during the Soviet occupation? :/
Indeed, at first we were fighting the Soviets, but then fighting broke out between two factions one being relatively moderate and the other one extremist. Both were given funding, arms and ammo by the same party, Iran.
Extremist one was completely destroyed. During said civil war, more Hazaras were killed than the Taliban had killed. Thanks alot, Iran! Iran isn't pro "Shiaism", anyone who thinks else needs to get their facts checked, Iran only looks to its own interest, even if Shia's are killed. (Same goes for the Saudis).

Also, don't forget the time the Hezb sent a group of soldiers to fight the Russians in Chechniya, on the Wahhabi insurgent side... Also, payed for by Iran.

Gen Musa was a handsome man!

I saw his pic from the IMA period .. :tup:

Indeed, at first we were fighting the Soviets, but then fighting broke out between two factions one being relatively moderate and the other one extremist. Both were given funding, arms and ammo by the same party, Iran.
Extremist one was completely destroyed. During said civil war, more Hazaras were killed than the Taliban had killed. Thanks alot, Iran! Iran isn't pro "Shiaism", anyone who thinks else needs to get their facts checked, Iran only looks to its own interest, even if Shia's are killed. (Same goes for the Saudis).

Also, don't forget the time the Hezb sent a group of soldiers to fight the Russians in Chechniya, on the Wahhabi insurgent side... Also, payed for by Iran.

Both Iran n KSA use beliefs as fukin political tools for national interests ... They don't give a shyt who lives or dies -- all it matters to them is saving their own azz and spreading their influence... Bahrain,Iraq,Syria - have been destroyed thanks to both these countries.

Here's a small article I've written about my people, The Hazaras:
I will add more parts to this as I get time to write them in follow up posts on this same thread :D
Enjoy!

Origins:

The word Hazara comes from the Persian word “Hazar” which means a thousand. This is a reference to one of Ghengeis Khan's military units, the “Mingghan” a regiment made up of 100 “Arbans” (One Arban is a hundred men).

Most Hazaras came to Afghanistan with Ghengeis Khan during his Khwarezmian campaign.
( It was not originally the intention of the Mongol Empire to invade the Khwarezmid Empire. According to the Persian historian Juzjani, Genghis Khan had originally sent the ruler of the Khwarezmid Empire, Ala ad-Din Muhammad, a message seeking trade and greeted him as his neighbor: "I am master of the lands of the rising sun while you rule those of the setting sun. Let us conclude a firm treaty of friendship and peace”. Which the “Sultan” broke after he beheaded an innocent Mongol caravan.)

After taking a city from the enemy, a Garrison was stationed in the city, Thus the Mongols settled there and somewhat merged with the local population, slowly abandoning Mongolian and shifting to Dari.

The second wave of Hazaras coming to Afghanistan was during the 1251 when Halagu Khan was sent to:

Suppress the Ismaili Ḥashshāshīnrebellion

and to Suppress the Abbasid Caliphate which now had rebelled, when they had agreed to be a Mongol Vassal when Ghengeis Khan had come.

That's your sanitized version of your history. Let me point out the Pashtun version.

1. The word Hazara comes from the Persian word “Hazar” which means a thousand.

Ghengis sent an army under his grandson, Mutugen, to lay India to waste. When I say lay to waste consider what this means. The Mongols at one point seriously considered the Holocaust of the entire people of China so they would have more grasslands for their horses. That's what Ghengis intended to do to the ancestors of the Jatts and the Hindus. At the very least we know he wiped out 25% of the population of Asia and Europe.

Anyway, the Mongol army decided that invading the lands of the Pashtuns (Afghanistan) would be a cakewalk and the Mongols arrogantly demanded the Pashtuns of one city surrender and provide them with provisions so they could go on towards India.

The Pashtuns refused. In the city of Bamiyan, the Pashtuns bravely prepared to defend their homes from a Mongol army sent to conquer the whole of India.

Such was their courage that the Pashtuns of Bamiyan defeated this massive army, and killed Mutugen.

Ghengis responded by diverting an army he was sending to lay Europe to waste and utterly destroyed the city of Bamiyan. Most of the Afghan population of that city were buried alive by the Mongols.

But because the Pashtuns refused to surrender and continued to fight using guerrilla tactics, he set up units of Hazar soldiers each to hunt down and engage in a Holocaust of the Afghans. According to contemporary chroniclers, 80% of the Pashtun population was wiped out with the rest retreating to mountains and deserts. Consider that according to historians Hitler wiped out 30 - 50% of the Jewish population of the world.

In the city of Herat and its surroundings alone we know that your ancestors killed according to historians 1.6 MILLION people. We know from DNA tests that the virtually the ENTIRE population of Iraq was wiped out by your ancestors.

Do you think many Jews even hundreds of years from now would look kindly upon Germans who wanted to celebrate the achievements of their Nazi ancestors? You claim that the Afghans 'persecuted' the Mongols in the 1700's by asking them to pay taxes. That's called civilization--novel idea I know, right?! On the other hand the persecution of the Afghans at the hands of the Hazaras began 500 years earlier.

2. Most Hazaras came to Afghanistan with Ghengeis Khan during his Khwarezmian campaign.

You make it sound as if one of the greatest holocausts in human civilization was a package holiday. Your ancestors invaded the Pashtun homeland of Afghanistan. They were not invited. They were not welcome. And it wasn't theirs.

Your ancestral homeland is Mongolia not Afghanistan.

3. ( It was not originally the intention of the Mongol Empire to invade the Khwarezmid Empire. According to the Persian historian Juzjani, Genghis Khan had originally sent the ruler of the Khwarezmid Empire, Ala ad-Din Muhammad, a message seeking trade and greeted him as his neighbor: "I am master of the lands of the rising sun while you rule those of the setting sun. Let us conclude a firm treaty of friendship and peace”. Which the “Sultan” broke after he beheaded an innocent Mongol caravan.)

This is false on a number of accounts.

The Khwarizm Shah had excellent reasons for treating the Mongols as hostiles. In his wars with the Suri empire (called 'Ghorid' despite the fact its rulers were Suris), the Khwarizm Shah at one desperate moment had been sent an army by the Qara Khitai. This placed him in a position where he was allied to the Qara Khitai. Kuchlug the leader of the Qara Khitai was regarded as a mortal enemy by Ghengis. This meant it was impossible for the Khwarizm Shah to treat the Mongols as friends without engaging in treachery towards his allies the Qara Khitai.

The Khwarizm Shah had made it clear that Mongols were not permitted in his lands. His governer, Inaljuq of Otrar subsequently discovered that a group of Mongols had entered the kingdom claiming to be merchants, but carrying so much wealth that he believed they were sent to try and recruit spies in the Empire for future missions. He had them executed.

Since the Khwarizm Shah had already made it clear that he was not interested in breaking his links with the Qara Khitai, Ghengis decided to try and sow discord between the Khwarizmian Empire and the Qara Khitai by sending Mongol envoys and pretending that the Khwarezmians were about to abandon the Qara Khitai. This is actually a tactic straight from the Chinese 'Romance of three kingdoms'. It is because of this attempt that the Khwarezmian Shah had the 'envoys' executed, to demonstrate to the Qara Khitai that he was not going to break his treaty with them.

The Khwarizmian Empire fell, millions of people died, and the lights of Baghdad went out, not because because the Shah was 'nasty to the poor honest Mongol envoys'; it fell because the Sunni Caliph was too trusting of his treacherous Shiite minister Ibn Al-Qami.

"The Mongol invasion began like the American invasion: with a disgruntled Shi'ite upstart aspiring to greatness. The Ahmad Chalabi of the 13th century was a character called Ibn al-'Alqami. Al-'Alqami was a minister in the court of the Caliph al-Musta'sim. Like Chalabi, al-'Alqami had desires of leadership of the land and, like Chalabi, he was not above soliciting the assistance of foreign powers to help – even if that assistance would come at great cost to his people or his nation. America was not a superpower in al-Alqami's time so he turned his attentions to the Mongols.

Al-'Alqami wrote a number of letters to the leader of the Mongols, Hulagu Khan, inviting him to invade the land, promising' his support and offering "intelligence" on the Caliph's armies, their strengths and weaknesses, and the overall lay of the land. It would, he assured the Mongols, be a cakewalk and within a short space of time the Mongol Empire could be extended into the previously impervious core of the Muslim Caliphate. At the same time, Al-'Alqami used his position to influence the Caliph to reduce the size of the army thus ensuring that the Mongol invasion would be guaranteed little resistance."

The Mongol Invasion of Iraq: Lessons Never Learned - by Amir Butler

Mongols arrogantly demanded the Pashtuns of one city surrender and provide them with provisions so they could go on towards India.

Look buddy if there's an army of beastly looking Asian men who just went through and killed off most of central asia in a wild killing spree, asking for your surrender, food and provisions, only an idiot would refuse and think that they'd be spared.

You claim that the Afghans 'persecuted' the Mongols in the 1700's by asking them to pay taxes. That's called civilization--novel idea I know, right?! On the other hand the persecution of the Afghans at the hands of the Hazaras began 500 years earlier.
Why not, let me impose a special tax that you get because you're born as a special ethnicity. Ideal Civilization right? Even the Greeks would come to you and beg you to let them use your extremely civilized methord of collecting tax from one ethnicity to fill up their empty coffers.

While ethnic and religious tolerance was extremely high in the great and mighty Mongol empire.

Your ancestors invaded the Pashtun homeland of Afghanistan. They were not invited. They were not welcome. And it wasn't theirs.

Afghanistan is not only Pashtuns, nor was it back then.
I'm sure you wouldn't want to invite, welcome or give your land to INVADERS. It was an invasion, not hey Khorasan province mind if I take you over?

You have no right to tell me where my homeland is when you yourself came with Alexander. And or are remains of a Hebrew tribe.

The Khwarizmian Empire fell, millions of people died, and the lights of Baghdad went out, not because because the Shah was 'nasty to the poor honest Mongol envoys'; it fell because the Sunni Caliph was too trusting of his treacherous Shiite minister Ibn Al-Qami.
You're mixing up two separate things, first you're talking about the totally just and needed for obvious reasons invasion of Khwerezemia.
And then talking about how bagdad fell about half a century later during Halagus invasion.

unni Caliph was too trusting of his treacherous Shiite minister Ibn Al-Qami.

"The Mongol invasion began like the American invasion: with a disgruntled Shi'ite upstart aspiring to greatness. The Ahmad Chalabi of the 13th century was a character called Ibn al-'Alqami. Al-'Alqami was a minister in the court of the Caliph al-Musta'sim. Like Chalabi, al-'Alqami had desires of leadership of the land and, like Chalabi, he was not above soliciting the assistance of foreign powers to help – even if that assistance would come at great cost to his people or his nation. America was not a superpower in al-Alqami's time so he turned his attentions to the Mongols.

Al-'Alqami wrote a number of letters to the leader of the Mongols, Hulagu Khan, inviting him to invade the land, promising' his support and offering "intelligence" on the Caliph's armies, their strengths and weaknesses, and the overall lay of the land. It would, he assured the Mongols, be a cakewalk and within a short space of time the Mongol Empire could be extended into the previously impervious core of the Muslim Caliphate. At the same time, Al-'Alqami used his position to influence the Caliph to reduce the size of the army thus ensuring that the Mongol invasion would be guaranteed little resistance."

I don't think the Vizer would betray the fine and just caliph if he hadn't started sectarian differences. (Or insulted the poor guys poetry)
We got minimal resistance thanks to friends, and drowned the already small army.
Halagus entered with the intention of arranging a few marriages with the caliphs family and other influential people.
That's when one stupid Arab decided to take a potshot at the guy who just took over the city, and hit one of his top advisors. Pissing off the Khan greatly.
The Caliph said "it is the will of God" that you captured the city ect, ect.
And Halagu said "What will happen to you is also the will of God". Before promptly wrapping him in a carpet and getting him trampled by horses.

Look buddy....

While ethnic and religious tolerance was extremely high in the great and mighty Mongol empire.

Afghanistan is not only Pashtuns, nor was it back then.
I'm sure you wouldn't want to invite, welcome or give your land to INVADERS. It was an invasion, not hey Khorasan province mind if I take you over?

You have no right to tell me where my homeland is when you yourself came with Alexander. And or are remains of a Hebrew tribe.

We're not buddies.

"Overall, the Mongol violence and depredations killed up to three-fourths of the population of the Iranian Plateau, possibly 10 to 15 million people. Some historians have estimated that Iran's population did not again reach its pre-Mongol levels until the mid-20th century."

Immortal: A Military History of Iran and Its Armed Forces - Steven Ward

The Yuezhi are the ancestors of the Yousufzai. The Kushans were Yuezhi. The Chinese empire acknowledged the Yuezhi as the rightful and civilized rulers of Central Asia. Nobody. I repeat NOBODY recognized your ancestors as 'civilized'. The Hepthali were also Yuezhi. Pashto is ONE of the languages of our ancestors. The Italians don't speak Latin but we recognize them as the descendants of the Romans.

"The Pashtuns began as a union of largely East-Iranian tribes which became the initial ethnic stratum of the Pashtun ethnogenesis, dates from the middle of the first millennium CE and is connected with the dissolution of the Epthalite (White Huns) confederacy. [...] Of the contribution of the Epthalites (White Huns) to the ethnogenesis of the Pashtuns we find evidence in the ethnonym of the largest of the Pashtun tribe unions, the Abdali (Durrani after 1747) associated with the ethnic name of the Epthalites — Abdal. The Siah-posh, the Kafirs (Nuristanis) of the Hindu Kush, called all Pashtuns by a general name of Abdal still at the beginning of the 19th century."

Gankovsky, Yu. V., et al. A History of Afghanistan, Moscow: Progress Publishers, 1982, pg 382

Regarding your homeland, in your case as the Hindus say, 'Ghar mein Raam, Gali mein Shaam'.

The Hazara Mongolians asked to open a Mongolian Embassy in Afghanistan : InfoMongolia.com : News and information about Mongolia, Mongolian language lessons

That's your sanitized version of your history. Let me point out the Pashtun version.

1. The word Hazara comes from the Persian word “Hazar” which means a thousand.

Ghengis sent an army under his grandson, Mutugen, to lay India to waste. When I say lay to waste consider what this means. The Mongols at one point seriously considered the Holocaust of the entire people of China so they would have more grasslands for their horses. That's what Ghengis intended to do to the ancestors of the Jatts and the Hindus. At the very least we know he wiped out 25% of the population of Asia and Europe.

Anyway, the Mongol army decided that invading the lands of the Pashtuns (Afghanistan) would be a cakewalk and the Mongols arrogantly demanded the Pashtuns of one city surrender and provide them with provisions so they could go on towards India.

The Pashtuns refused. In the city of Bamiyan, the Pashtuns bravely prepared to defend their homes from a Mongol army sent to conquer the whole of India.

Such was their courage that the Pashtuns of Bamiyan defeated this massive army, and killed Mutugen.

Ghengis responded by diverting an army he was sending to lay Europe to waste and utterly destroyed the city of Bamiyan. Most of the Afghan population of that city were buried alive by the Mongols.

But because the Pashtuns refused to surrender and continued to fight using guerrilla tactics, he set up units of Hazar soldiers each to hunt down and engage in a Holocaust of the Afghans. According to contemporary chroniclers, 80% of the Pashtun population was wiped out with the rest retreating to mountains and deserts. Consider that according to historians Hitler wiped out 30 - 50% of the Jewish population of the world.

In the city of Herat and its surroundings alone we know that your ancestors killed according to historians 1.6 MILLION people. We know from DNA tests that the virtually the ENTIRE population of Iraq was wiped out by your ancestors.

Do you think many Jews even hundreds of years from now would look kindly upon Germans who wanted to celebrate the achievements of their Nazi ancestors? You claim that the Afghans 'persecuted' the Mongols in the 1700's by asking them to pay taxes. That's called civilization--novel idea I know, right?! On the other hand the persecution of the Afghans at the hands of the Hazaras began 500 years earlier.

2. Most Hazaras came to Afghanistan with Ghengeis Khan during his Khwarezmian campaign.

You make it sound as if one of the greatest holocausts in human civilization was a package holiday. Your ancestors invaded the Pashtun homeland of Afghanistan. They were not invited. They were not welcome. And it wasn't theirs.

3. ( It was not originally the intention of the Mongol Empire to invade the Khwarezmid Empire. According to the Persian historian Juzjani, Genghis Khan had originally sent the ruler of the Khwarezmid Empire, Ala ad-Din Muhammad, a message seeking trade and greeted him as his neighbor: "I am master of the lands of the rising sun while you rule those of the setting sun. Let us conclude a firm treaty of friendship and peace”. Which the “Sultan” broke after he beheaded an innocent Mongol caravan.)

This is false on a number of accounts.

The Khwarizm Shah had excellent reasons for treating the Mongols as hostiles. In his wars with the Suri empire (called 'Ghorid' despite the fact its rulers were Suris), the Khwarizm Shah at one desperate moment had been sent an army by the Qara Khitai. This placed him in a position where he was allied to the Qara Khitai. Kuchlug the leader of the Qara Khitai was regarded as a mortal enemy by Ghengis. This meant it was impossible for the Khwarizm Shah to treat the Mongols as friends without engaging in treachery towards his allies the Qara Khitai.

The Khwarizm Shah had made it clear that Mongols were not permitted in his lands. His governer, Inaljuq of Otrar subsequently discovered that a group of Mongols had entered the kingdom claiming to be merchants, but carrying so much wealth that he believed they were sent to try and recruit spies in the Empire for future missions. He had them executed.

Since the Khwarizm Shah had already made it clear that he was not interested in breaking his links with the Qara Khitai, Ghengis decided to try and sow discord between the Khwarizmian Empire and the Qara Khitai by sending Mongol envoys and pretending that the Khwarezmians were about to abandon the Qara Khitai. This is actually a tactic straight from the Chinese 'Romance of three kingdoms'. It is because of this attempt that the Khwarezmian Shah had the 'envoys' executed, to demonstrate to the Qara Khitai that he was not going to break his treaty with them.

The Mongol Invasion of Iraq: Lessons Never Learned - by Amir Butler

Do you have any source to back up your claim that people of Bamiyan were Pashtuns i.e Pashto speakers?. I can prove to you that even Ghurids of Ghor were not Pashtuns.

Pashtuns/Afghans did clash with Mongols, but that was in the battle of Parwan (not Parwan province but the village of same name in the vicinity of Ghazni) in 1221. Jalaludin Khwarzemi recruited Afghan tribesmen from the surrounding hills of Ghazni and this combined Turk-Afghan army inflicted their first ever defeat on the Mongols. After battle, the Afghan tribesmen developed dispute with Turks over spoils of battle and left the camp of Jalaludin.

About you labeling Hazaras as foreigners to Afghanistan........Pashtuns themselves are very recent arrivals, in northern provinces like Kunduz, their settlements there date back to 19th century....while Hazaras in central Afghanistan are inhabitants since 13th century.......and Hindkowans can say the same about Pashtun tribes in KPK. The oldest settlement of Pashtuns in KPK will be of Dilazak tribes in Mahmud Ghaznvi tribes while Bulk of Pashtuns (the Khashi tribes) migrated to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in late 15th century

You neglected to mention all the crimes committed by these Mongolian ancestors that you are so proud of.

Last edited:
Hazarajat zindabad, should be separate country. Every Pakistani support independent Hazarajat

Haz4.jpg

Hazarajat zindabad, should be separate country. Every Pakistani support independent Hazarajat

Haz4.jpg
So centrally placed they are and no major city in Hazarajat while Bamiyan is merely a town.

I was reading 19th century account of Hazaras and the British interviewing them realized that Hazaras themselves had no legend or tradition of descent from Mongols, they had not even heard the name of Genghis Khan. Europeans looked at them and clearly saw Mongols in them. When they consulted medieval Persian sources , Hazaras were mentioned to be related to Mongols. Abu Fazal declares them to be descendants of Chagatai army sent by Manku Khan to assist Halaku Khan. So this trend of having surnames "Chengezi" and bragging about achievements of Genghis Khan , is relatively recent. This means that the notion that Afghans (Afghanistan's Pashtuns) were mean to them because Genghis Khan did this and that in early 13th century, is false .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom