What's new

An Article about the Hazaras

They're Sunni Hazaras, they went to Hazara division and we went to Quetta.
Most of them are now mixed with Phatans today.
They are still my tribesmen, regardless of their Religion, However most of them don't identify themselves as Hazaras since they fear getting killed for it.

Thanks mate

Here are a few pictures of relatively young Hazaras in different Armed forces:
View attachment 242179
View attachment 242180
View attachment 242186
View attachment 242187

View attachment 242181
View attachment 242183 View attachment 242184
I'm from Haripur and hazara. I have less research over my ancestors. But I do have my lineage listed as direct descendant of Hazrat Abbas (ra). If we belongs to same lineage why is sectarian and language difference? Also in Hazara division all Hazaras speaks hindko which makes me ponder why they have their separate language and traditions? And yes, we have copied much of pathan culture...
I have one jigri frnd from Quetta and he is Hazara like u, some times we argue on this and he shares ur point of view.

Hazaras are one of the most patriotic, educated and peaceful communities of Pakistan. I salute them for their service, it is a pity that not enough is being done to protect them. I wish the state of Pakistan becomes serious in protecting all the people of Pakistan without distinction. I for one will never forget their sacrifices for this nation.

I agree, these people should come back and hunt down those ******* who are wandering around freely targeting the community. Their energies are better served here.
General Musa Khan..

Was that intentional?
By the way Hazaraywals/Hindkowans have nothing to do with your hazaras.
Oh, sorry...

Yes, they do. As I said, they're mixed in with Pashtuns. They don't remember their history, but we remember it.
Does anyone have more information? I know only the basics.
What would you like to know? Ask away.

I'm from Haripur and hazara. I have less research over my ancestors. But I do have my lineage listed as direct descendant of Hazrat Abbas (ra). If we belongs to same lineage why is sectarian and language difference? Also in Hazara division all Hazaras speaks hindko which makes me ponder why they have their separate language and traditions? And yes, we have copied much of pathan culture...
I have one jigri frnd from Quetta and he is Hazara like u, some times we argue on this and he shares ur point of view.

You see, There are MANY Sunni Hazaras, but they donot call themselves Hazaras to save themselves from persecution, there are many who pass themselves as Uzbeks or Tajiks to save themselves. I don't blame them. And the Hazaras in Hazara district, over time, their culture and language has changed, much like when we came, we were speaking Mongolian and our religon we were Buhddists/Christians, and after some time we changed into Muslims and spoke Persian. (Sunni Hazaras were Sunnies before they came to Haripur)
I've only met 2 people from there who look Mongolite. When they arrived, they did not preserve their Traditions or their Language and quickly mixed in with the locals.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Subedar Nasir.. Also called Ghazi e Kashmir ... A leader of Pakistan movement .. And Ghazi of 1948 Kashmir war.

image.jpg

Capt Dost Ali Khan - Hazara Pioneers.

FLT LT Samad Ali Shaheed (SJ) 1971;
image.jpg

Capt Shujaat Ali Changazi Shaheed;
image.jpg

COAS Gen Musa Khan;
image.jpg

image.jpg

@Yazp. (Your grandfather ? )

Air Marshal Sharbat Ali Changazi;

image.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 242357

Subedar Nasir.. Also called Ghazi e Kashmir ... A leader of Pakistan movement .. And Ghazi of 1948 Kashmir war.

View attachment 242358

Capt Dost Ali Khan - Hazara Pioneers.

FLT LT Samad Ali Shaheed (SJ) 1971;
View attachment 242359

Capt Shujaat Ali Changazi Shaheed;
View attachment 242361

COAS Gen Musa Khan;
View attachment 242363
View attachment 242362

@Yazp. (Your grandfather ? )

Air Marshal Sharbat Ali Changazi;

View attachment 242364
Nice! respect.

Yeah, I'm just wandering how close was he to Zia ul Haq as I remember reading he was appointed the governor of Baluchistan by him? Just curious.
Neither too close, neither too far.
Gen. Zia-Ul-Haq respected him as his senior, since in 1965, Zia was a Colonel, I think.
He initially refused governorship, but later on accepted it.

Yeah, I'm just wandering how close was he to Zia ul Haq as I remember reading he was appointed the governor of Baluchistan by him? Just curious.

After Readin a bit about zia .. I think we misunderstand the guy.. Yes he was an Islamist but not a secterian person .. For example .. His pilot (Pak I) was Shia ... The pilots who died in the crash also were shia .. One of them a Hazara officer.

After Readin a bit about zia .. I think we misunderstand the guy.. Yes he was an Islamist but not a secterian person .. For example .. His pilot (Pak I) was Shia ... The pilots who died in the crash also were shia .. One of them a Hazara officer.
Indeed. He even supplied Stingers and important aid to Iran including training the initial batches of the IRGC and Quds force by our SSG during the Iran-Iraq war. At the same time he was supporting the Saudis and the Americans. Even the Chinese too... He was on all the sides;

Lets do a Reboot:

Khajoor-575x262.jpg

Meet the Bosrak, fried, or rather boiled in oil. Flour with I think sugar or something. This stuff is the staple snack. Takes forever to spoil. Lots of calories, and after eating 3 of these small things, one feels full. Usually eaten during supper, or when having tea. Leave this stuff in the open for a few months, and you can use it to crack someones bones in half. (Still edible though) When fresh, it's similar to eating white meat, but with the taste of sweet bread.
Perfect MRE stuff for the Military.
Families cook masses of this stuff in the Summer or Autumn to consume them in the Winters.

Although initially The Baloch (then spelled Baluch) Regimental Center was to be located at Quetta, it was shifted to its current location at Abbottabad. Therefore, Baloch/Hazara officers came in but no Baloch/Hazara soldier was recruited. This changed with the '65 War. In fact in our Bn we had received a platoon of Hazaras. When Hazara soldiers were seen on sentry duty along the CFL crossings, there was hue and cry in Indian press about Chinese soldiers in PA.

11787281_10153384667777931_17589288_n.jpg

Here's an old picture of the 106th Pioneers, back when the British ruled. This is most probably the late 1800s. Third man from the top right is General Musa's father.

11825120_844539165600885_817459561968456945_n.jpg

Bonus, here's I think the US ambassador meeting Quaid-E-Azam.

And here is Nawaz Sharif meeting the US ambassador:
519f1ee50b63c.jpg

Anyone else feel a change over the years?

Back
Top Bottom