What's new

Amid Boko Haram Insurgency, Nigeria To Buy JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jets From Pakistan For $25M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness! ... Wow ... so just to recap ... your the same person that was saying that India won't let Pakistan get involved in ANY defense deals in any capacity with the nations such as Bangladesh, Srilanka etc. through India's influence and now you yourself are stating instances in which we've already done that .... exceptions that totally tear your theory of "Indian influence" apart --- :haha::haha:

Half your posts are about --- well---how "real" your posts are, and how they are hitting us like "trucks" or how "biting" your posts are ... Yet for some reason, I only recall how you getting owned in all 3 of the threads in which you raised the same question ... Funniest thing ... In each of the thread you somehow failed to provide one, single solitary source for the claims that you make... heck you even blew your own original claims for us by stating the exceptions right here ... (thanks for that btw)--
Lolzz looks like you suffer from reading comprehension issues.

India bought Hasina in BD and Sirisena in SL to power as they are loyal to India.

Also If you read my post I clearly mentioned 'major defense deal'.No body gives a crap about some steel rings or gaskets.But India will continue successfully blocking the sale of all major equipment like tanks, ships and jets thanks to it's power and might in the region.:lol:

JF-17 export price is around 30 to 35 million how can they get multiple jets in 25 million ?
For testing purposes, that's why. They're getting 3 basic JF-17s to evaluate, before buying.

3 JF-17s for $25m? really?
Again, only for testing purposes. This is most likey insurance price, nothing more.

Lolzz looks like you suffer from reading comprehension issues.

India bought Hasina in BD and Sirisena in SL to power as they are loyal to India.

Also If you read my post I clearly mentioned 'major defense deal'.No body gives a crap about some steel rings or gaskets.But India will continue successfully blocking the sale of all major equipment like tanks, ships and jets thanks to it's power and might in the region.:lol:

Oh ... hiding behind " I also said that" :rofl:

Okay ... Anyone can go and read the posts that you made, first regarding "involvement" of Pakistan, then you shifted to "manufacturing" ... On both counts your theory was disproven as shown with proof about the Pakistani involvement in the stated projects and as far as manufacturing went .. you yourself stated some of the instances in which Pakistani manufactured products were infact exported to these countries ... Now you go and stand behind the one statement you made ....saying I also said " Major defense deal"

Here you go ...

"It was the Pakistani defence cooperation with Sri Lanka as the largest suppliers of high-tech military equipment that played a major role in the ultimate defeat of the LTTE at the hands of the Sri Lankan army," The News daily quoted well placed sources in the Pakistani establishment as saying.

According to the report, Pakistan supplied weapons and ammunition worth USD 190 million for the past one year and the Colombo's shopping list supplied by its army chief Sarath Fonseka included 22 Al-Khalid main battle tanks and other high tech arms.

As part of the cooperation, Pakistan Air Force pilots had participated in several successful air strikes against several military bases of the LTTE in August 2008, the report said.
Islamabad had positioned a highly trained group of Pakistani armed officers in Colombo to guide the Sri Lankan security forces in their operations against the LTTE.

'Pak played key role in Lanka's victory over Tamil Tigers' - Indian Express

Last edited:
Sri Lanka –
During 2008 a Sri Lankan Army General ordered 22 Al-Khalid tanks, however Sri Lanka’s Defence Secretary subsequently cancelled the order

wwwtanknutdavecom/the-al-khalid-main-battle-tank/

Put dot after wwww and before com to visit the link

@abdulbarijan

From your link-
Pakistani media has claimed.
:rofl:

It was just a fake report by Pakistan media similar to the fake reports on JF-17 deal spread by Pakistan media.

Last edited:
Pakistan Airforce one of Best Airforces uses JF17 thunder and has 65 crafts in its forces is enough of credibility for the platform
jf-17_thunder_mark-84_mark-82_laser_guided_bombs.jpg

The external customers are a bonus
Main Customer is Pakistan Air-force !

JF-17+Thunder+No+16+26+Squadron+%2527Black+Spiders%2527+FC-1+Xiaolong++Pakistan+Air+Force+at+the+China+Zhuhai+Air+Show+2012+13141516raad+h2+h4+ls6+ft2+supersonic+No.+16+Black+Panthers++%25285%2529.jpg

Looking forward to the 25 Thunder production Goals

Last edited:
Instead of replying like a kid why don't you provide sources which say that Pakistan is involved in the sale of K-8s and MBT to Myanmar and Bangladesh?

So kid. Are you here just to rant and question without proving anything in return. Different members have provided various sources in answer to your rants. Where the f*ck is your source?

All you have is one line or two line questions. Come on kid. Bring us your sources. If you have any which I doubt.

From your link-

It was just a fake report by Pakistan media similar to the fake reports on JF-17 deal spread by Pakistan media.

Seriously bharati kid? This is all you can do? Source is Pakistani so it would be fake. Even though it is quoted by an Indian newspaper. it is fake? How? Since you say so? What is your source to call it fake? Your bharati as$??

Show some source to call it fake. Come on. Prove your existence worthy and share some source with us. :)

So kid. Are you here just to rant and question without proving anything in return. Different members have provided various sources in answer to your rants. Where the f*ck is your source?

All you have is one line or two line questions. Come on kid. Bring us your sources. If you have any which I doubt.

Seriously bharati kid? This is all you can do? Source is Pakistani so it would be fake. Even though it is quoted by an Indian newspaper. it is fake? How? Since you say so? What is your source to call it fake? Your bharati as$??

Show some source to call it fake. Come on. Prove your existence worthy and share some source with us. :)

Little girl, Pakistan media has habit of publishing fake news just like fake w ikileaks.Few days back fake reports of Pakistani sale of JFT to SL was also proven fake and SL defence secretary also threw the rumours into garbage.

Anyways Sri Lanka defence Secretary himself cancelled the deal of Al-Khalid purchase:

How many Al Khalid tanks were in Sri Lanka? None. But none other than General Sarath Fonseka purchased 22 AL Khalid tanks at a cost of US$100 million a few years ago! Where are the tanks?

That’s not all, he bypass all the anti-corruption mechanisms in place and entered into the purchase transaction himself. He himself finalized the deal!

“It was exactly a year ago, in the first week of May 2008, that Sri Lankan Army Chief Lt Gen Fonseka visited Pakistan and held detailed talks with his Pakistani counterpart Chief of Army Staff General Asfaq Parvez Kayani to finalise the purchase of high-tech arms for the Lankan armed forces, which were embroiled in an intense battle with the LTTE forces even at that time.

According to the report, during the talks with Pakistani military authorities, Lt Gen Fonseka had finalised a deal under which Pakistan supplied 22 Al-Khalid main battle tanks to Sri Lanka worth USD 100 million.”

Here is third party indisputable evidence of it.

Sri Lanka’s Defence Secretary subsequently cancelled this order due to the wrongful nature of the purchase procedure, violating the gazette notification of the 30 July 2007 - violates number 16 of the prohibited list) and Sri Lanka didn’t purchase or operate the Al-Khalid tank.

SOURCES:

wwwlltllk/pdf/annexa_government_gazzette.pdf

httpwwwvoter2010blogspotcom/2010/01/investigate-possible-corruption-and_04.html?m=1

Sri Lanka cancelled $200 million arms purchase from Pakistan and China.

SOURCE:

httpwwwreuterscom/article/idINCOL48742420090715?irpc=932

Pakistan supplied Sri Lanka with defective fuses leading to deaths of Lankan soldiers from howitzers blowing up.

The reports said a major problem faced by Sri Lankan forces was that of electronic fuses for bombs supplied by Pakistan.

Of the 500 fuses of types AB-103 and AB-104 supplied by Pakistan earlier, 200 were found faulty because of which Sri Lankan forces suffered huge reverses against the LTTE. Islamabad had agreed to take them back, the reports said.

Sri Lankan daily Island has reported that the country`s forces need two UAVs, cluster and fuel air bombs, laser- precision and guided bomb kits, deep penetration bombs, 80mm rockets with fuel explosive warheads, anti-tank guided missile launcher, Tandem warhead missiles, mortars, radios and night vision goggles.

The reports said that alleged commissions or kickbacks paid to defence agents representing Pakistan were as high as 20 to 25 per cent, with 15 to 20 per cent allegedly going to Sri Lankan officials. The alleged kickbacks would amount to about 15 to 20 million dollars, they said.

The Pakistanis were sourcing supplies from third countries like Ukraine and re-exporting them to Sri Lanka at inflated costs, the reports said.

Source:

httpwwwlankanewspaperscom/news/2007/2/12443.html

Just add dot after wwww and before com to visit the links.

@abdulbarijan @Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER @Spy Master

Last edited:
That thunder makes sale of 14-25 Jets / year to Pakistan Air Force , and thus KAMRA who makes the plane has a big customer already

Also the Exclusivity right make the planes allure even more great

JF-17+MultiRole+Fighter_1.jpg

PAC-Kamra-01.png

4829846627_76b28bb99e_b.jpg

Arab%2BDelegation%2Bat%2BPAC%2BKamra.jpg

553fdcfdcc8c9.jpg

Pla7c.jpg

Last edited:
Little girl, Pakistan media has habit of publishing fake news just like fake w ikileaks.Few days back fake reports of Pakistani sale of JFT to SL was also proven fake and SL defence secretary also threw the rumours into garbage.[/USER]
news are not proven wrong unless you have some strong source to prove it. Just because you claim it, it doesn't make it fake. Now coming at the sources that you used. It is good that you tried to do some hard work. I appreciate this change. :tup:

Anyways Sri Lanka defence Secretary himself cancelled the deal of Al-Khalid purchase:

I never claimed that Pakistan sold Al khalid tanks to SL. Neither any other Pakistani member as far as I know. So why providing source about something which I never claimed. Acting smart??? :lol:

Pakistan supplied Sri Lanka with defective fuses leading to deaths of Lankan soldiers from howitzers blowing up/

Even this has nothing to do with the topic. But at least you are trying. I like that. But even that proves Pakistan supplied weapons in your backyard to kill terrorists that were created by India.

It was Pakistani weapons that killed Indian sponsored terrorists.

Pakistan’s crucial role in the death of Tamil Tigers

Not only weapons, Pakistan also trained SL army in SL to fight LTTE terrorists. Our officers were stationed in SL to train SL army to beat LTTE.

Pakistan ‘guiding’ Sri Lanka’s war

A group of Pakistan Air Force officers stationed in Colombo have been guiding the Sri Lankan military in carrying out air-mounted operations against the LTTE, a former counter-terrorism chief of India’s External intelligence says.

So much so that Pakistan's role was key in defeating Indian sponsored LTTE terrorists.

'Pak played key role in Lanka's victory over Tamil Tigers' - Indian Express

Last edited by a moderator:
My munni Indians also have a long lasting relationship with rapes. That doesn't make every Indian a rapist. Does it? Obviously no. So news are not proven wrong unless you have some strong source to prove it. Just because you claim like a dumbas$ that it is fake doesn't make it fake. Now coming at the sources that you used. It is good that you tried to do some hard work instead of acting like a d!ckhead. I appreciate this change. :tup:

And smart as$ I never claimed that Pakistan sold Al khalid tanks to SL. Neither any other Pakistani member as far as I know. So why providing source about something which I never claimed. Acting smart??? :lol:

Even this has nothing to do with the topic. But at least you are trying. I like that. But even that proves Pakistan supplied weapons in your backyard to kill terrorists that were created by India.

It was Pakistani weapons that killed Indian sponsored terrorists.

Not only weapons, Pakistan also trained SL army in SL to fight LTTE terrorists. Our officers were stationed in SL to train SL army to beat LTTE.

So much so that Pakistan's role was key in defeating Indian sponsored LTTE terrorists.

Lolzz Sri Lanka PM himself said India helped Sri Lanka defeat LTTE:

wwwthehinducom/news/international/india-helped-us-in-war-against-ltte-ranil/article6966953.ece

Sri Lanka is actually buying naval ships from the country which according to you backed LTTE.

httparticleseconomictimesindiatimescom/2013-09-05/news/41802521_1_sri-lankan-navy-defence-ties-defence-minister

My above post also confirms my above statement that whenever Pakistan will attempt to sell major defence equipment like Jets, tanks, ships etc to SL.It will be successfully blocked by India.
India doesn't give a crap about small arms and ammo like grenades,mortars etc.

wwwtanknutdavecom/the-al-khalid-main-battle-tank/

Put dot after wwww and before com to visit the link

@abdulbarijan

From your link-

Little girl, Pakistan media has habit of publishing fake news just like fake w ikileaks.Few days back fake reports of Pakistani sale of JFT to SL was also proven fake and SL defence secretary also threw the rumours into garbage.

SOURCES:

wwwlltllk/pdf/annexa_government_gazzette.pdf

httpwwwvoter2010blogspotcom/2010/01/investigate-possible-corruption-and_04.html?m=1

Sri Lanka cancelled $200 million arms purchase from Pakistan and China.

SOURCE:

httpwwwreuterscom/article/idINCOL48742420090715?irpc=932

Pakistan supplied Sri Lanka with defective fuses leading to deaths of Lankan soldiers from howitzers blowing up.
Source:
httpwwwlankanewspaperscom/news/2007/2/12443.html
Just add dot after wwww and before com to visit the links.
@abdulbarijan @Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER @Spy Master
Lolzz Sri Lanka PM himself said India helped Sri Lanka defeat LTTE:
wwwthehinducom/news/international/india-helped-us-in-war-against-ltte-ranil/article6966953.ece
Sri Lanka is actually buying naval ships from the country which according to you backed LTTE.
httparticleseconomictimesindiatimescom/2013-09-05/news/41802521_1_sri-lankan-navy-defence-ties-defence-minister
My above post also confirms my above statement that whenever Pakistan will attempt to sell major defence equipment like Jets, tanks, ships etc to SL.It will be successfully blocked by India.
India doesn't give a crap about small arms and ammo like grenades,mortars etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fake Pakistani news" -- yet your own link claims that a deal existed of Alkhalids back in 2008 -- Whatever the outcome of that deal, the fact that the deal did not go through is irrelevant because the narrative your defending is that India will never allow a "major sale" to these nations ...

and now your forced to counter arguments involving different sales to Srilanka from Pakistan... that says alot if you ask me ... but since you still claim that, and want to live in the fantasy world where India has such and such influence, then all you have to do is go and read up on the fighters and trainers in service with the BAF, the Myanmar airforce and the SLAF, all of which field the K-8 trainer and J-7 -- so there's the "indian influence" for ya ...
First off I commend you on your "neutrality" and selection of sources, I mean Indian express quoting the Pakistani media as per you is "fake" -- but a blogspot post is the most credible thing that we have .. right ?? Secondly, among the "sources" that you mention ... the link to the gazette given by you as follows doesn't work ... It'll be better if you upload a media file here to show us what it says though ...
http://www.lltl.lk/pdf/annexa_government_gazzette.pdf

Lets now take a look at different articles, reports including your own sources and try to make sense of the situation, this might be quite long for you, so just to assist -- I've put the entire thing Under a quotation (I've used blue & red for quoted stuff, while green remains for the links, the lines in black are, my own input) --

Lets come to the story of malfunction of fuses appropriately titled for some inexplicable reason as "Pakistan eyes larger share of SL`s arms market" ...
Remember this is from Feb of 2007 where reports of malfunctions were surfacing --- additionally, for some reason you forgot to mention this part from the same article ..

Colombo has placed orders worth up to 100 million dollars with Pakistan for tanks, armoured vehicles, different kinds of bombs, explosives, ammunition and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), premier journal Jane`s Defence Weekly and Sri Lankan media reports have said, confirming that the value of the deals could go up to 200 million dollars in the next 18 months.
Sri Lanka SECURITY:: Pakistan eyes larger share of SL`s arms market

Lets come to 2008 ... after the entire episode of malfunctions ...

Faced with stiff resistance from Tamil Tiger guerrillas, Sri Lanka has ordered emergency military supplies from Pakistan, according to official sources here. In a development noted with some concern by the Indian establishment, the Sri Lanka Army has sought 150,000 rounds of 60 mm mortar ammunition and as many hand grenades for immediate delivery, the sources said.
Sri Lanka has also requested $25 million worth of 81 mm, 120 mm and 130 mm mortar ammunition to be delivered within a month, the sources told IANS

Sri Lanka’s SOS to Pakistan for urgent arms supplies - Thaindian News

Coming to 2009, here you have the deal worth 200 million dollars being cancelled (including the whole tank deal etc.) right after the war with LTTE ended ... by quoting this Reuters piece ...
You being your usual neutral self forgot to quote the part, which states the reason for which Srilanka cancelled the deal ..

General Sarath Fonseka, who as army commander was one of the chief architects of the campaign to destroy the separatist Tigers and end a 25-year war, on Sunday was named to the newly created post of chief of defence staff. "We stopped the orders of $200 million worth of ammunition from China and Pakistan with the war's end," Fonseka said at his swearing-in. He is now in overall command of the military.
Sri Lanka cancels $200 mln China, Pakistan weapons buy| Reuters

What you have is just the last three years ... in which Srilanka was at war with the LTTE --- what about the previous 5 or 6 years ??Let's go back to 2006 ...

Pakistan is one of the main suppliers of military equipment to the Sri Lankan government. Defense cooperation between Sri Lanka and Pakistan has been growing rapidly in recent years. The attack is a signal of Tiger displeasure with the close relationship between the governments of Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
Defense cooperation between the two governments is said to have expanded considerably, especially since early this year. According to a report in Jane's Defense Weekly, Sri Lanka asked Pakistan to facilitate the purchase of military equipment worth about US$60 million. While the army's shopping list is said to cost about $20 million, the requirements of the air force have been pegged at $38.1 million.
Others in Colombo also recall that Islamabad and China have always come to Sri Lanka's rescue in times of serious crisis- when India was seen to have dithered. In 2000, when Jaffna was on the verge of falling to the LTTE, China was "among the first to respond to the Sri Lankan government's appeal for emergency military supplies".

The Hindustan Times' Colombo correspondent, P K Balachandran, writes that "it was with the help of the multi-barrel rocket launchers (MBRLs) supplied by Pakistan that the Sri Lankan army was able to drive the LTTE out of Jaffna" in 2000. And the MBRLs are now back to haunt the Tigers. "In the ongoing war," writes Balachandran, the MBRLs supplied by Pakistan are tormenting the LTTE in both the northern and eastern fronts.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/HH16Df02.html
A group of Pakistan Air Force officers stationed in Colombo have been guiding the Sri Lankan military in carrying out air-mounted operations against the LTTE, a former counter-terrorism chief of India’s External intelligence says.
“About 12 to 15 members of the Pakistani Armed Forces, including four or five from the Pakistan Air Force, are stationed in Colombo to guide the Sri Lankan security forces in their counter-insurgency operations,” Mr. B. Raman, wrote on August 18, quoting reliable Tamil sources.

“The Pakistan Air Force officers have reportedly been guiding the SLAF officers in effectively carrying out air-mounted operations against the LTTE,” he said.
“They have also been reportedly involved in drawing up plans for a decapitation strike from the air, with bunker-buster bombs, to kill [LTTE leader Vellupillai] Pirapaharan.”

Technical personnel of the PAF play an important role in the repairs and maintenance of the aircraft and other equipment of the SLAF. Sri Lankan aircraft have been sent to Pakistan for overhauling.
Pakistan ‘guiding’ Sri Lanka’s war
and I recall you saying that Pakistan wasn't even involved in any overhauling etc. of any of these aircrafts from these nations ... so here you have this as well ...
Sri Lankan air force [SLAF] authorities requested PAC Board for overhaul of its one FT-5, three F-7 and two FT-7 aircraft. For this purpose a contract was signed on 20 February, 2002. The aircraft were inducted in April, 2003 and were handed over to SLAF after overhaul, in a ceremony on 10 March, 2005 at Sri Lanka. .
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC)
Lets now discuss this in totality ... Pakistan's cooperation with Srilanka ... during the LTTE conflict ...
A 100 page report produced by (Lindberg,Orjuela,Wezerman, Åkerström, 2011) states the following regarding Pakistan, India and China when it came to the conflict of Srilanka with LTTE ...
"Even when the Sri Lankan government in 2000, faced with a strong LTTE offensive, pleaded for ’emergency assistance’ in desperation, this was generally ignored. At that time, only Pakistan, China and the Czech Republic provided some weapons in response, some as aid and some as commercial sales.7 After further requests of military aid, India and the usa provided some very limited aid"
"The ceasefire period from 2002 and the period of renewed fighting from mid-2006 to mid-2009 did not see large deliveries of major weapons. While this seems contradictory, it largely reflects the possibility of tracking major weapons much easier than smaller weapons, ammunition and other military equipment. Sources indicate that the government forces concentrated more on small arms and light weapons for its rapidly expanding infantry forces and on the import of large volumes of ammunition to sustain military operations at a high level."
"Pakistan has more recently developed into a major supplier, mainly of ammunition.20 Some earlier limited aid was supplied in 1985, but in 2000 Pakistan was the first to supply weapons as aid when the Sri Lankan government asked for ‘emergency assistance’ against a major LTTE offensive; delivering several multiple rocket launchers (mrl).21 Subsequently, the arms relation has broadened, probably partly encouraged by Pakistani offers of credit lines to pay for the weapons. There has been considerable confusion about the value of Pakistani supplies. This has been reported either as total usd50 million by December 2007 or as usd50 million per year and with an increase in the credit line of usd31 million to usd80 million per year in December 2007."

"Offers for aid (by India) in late 2003, including transport helicopters and training, did not result in deliveries. In more recent years India provided limited amounts of weaponry to the government, but what little equipment was supplied could be considered or at least presented as quite defensive - an opv and several air surveillance radars. However, India still seems to have felt uneasy about these transfers.
The political rivalry between India and Pakistan and between India and China became an important issue in supplies to Sri Lanka. The increase in Chinese and Pakistani arms supplies caused India to face the issue of Indian ‘pre-eminence’ in the regions above and ‘forced’ India to provide more support

"In 2007, India reacted even more strongly against increasing Chinese and especially Pakistani aid and sales to Sri Lanka and offered a usd100 million loan to buy Indian equipment, including vehicles and air defence systems, but the non-deadly or non-offensive clause remained.Sri Lanka has ‘defended’ the purchases from Pakistan by pointing out that it has tried at first to get weapons from India, but India has refused to sell."
Post LTTE war ... we have had these statements coming from Colombo ..
President Maithripala Sirisena paid a glowing tribute to Pakistan yesterday and said that not only the government of Sri Lanka but the entire country was grateful to Pakistan for the enormous assistance it had given this country to defeat the terrorists.Sri Lanka today is a peaceful unitary state because of your support, he told the new Pakistani High Commissioner Maj. Gen. (Rtd.) Syed Shakeel Hussain, who presented his credentials yesterday (12) at the Presidential Secretariat.
SL grateful to Pakistan for help in fighting terrorism ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News
And with all the "indian influence" here we are ..
COLOMBO: After signing agreements with India and Russia on the peaceful uses of atomic energy, Sri Lanka entered into a similar deal with Pakistan in Islamabad on Monday.
The MoU on peaceful applications of nuclear science was signed in the presence of the visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and the Pakistan President Nawaz Sharif.

Among other agreements signed is one between the National Defense University of Pakistan and the Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute of International Relations and Strategic Studies of Sri Lanka. This is the first time Lanka and Pakistan have signed an agreement to share knowledge on strategic and international affairs.
Concluding from the sources cited ..

-Documented defence deals of smaller arms (b/w Pak and SL) value over 80 million dollars during the LTTE conflict.
-During the same time frame SLAF was operating the JV (PAK/China) K-8's
-PAF/PA pilots/officials, were stationed at Colombo and have assisted SL armed forces in planning and carrying out the counter-insurgency ops, and according to some sources even participated in raids.
-Even with the whole "Indian pressure" jargon, SL is still more reliant on Chinese arms.
-SLAF has already been a PAC customer for the overhauling their aircrafts.
-At the time of need, it was Pakistan and China that came to Srilanka's aid, not india.
-Sri Lanka at one point even showed Indians the middle finger, when they were being pressurized over weapon deals (being provided by Sino/Pak) by India, by pointing out, it was Pakistan and China that came to their aid in 2000's and even when Srilanka knocked on the Indian door for help, it didn't get any at the time of need.
- After the war, the "Indian influenced" Srilanka's president went as far as to say the "entire country" was grateful to Pakistan.
-After the whole 200 million dollar deal cancellation, Srilanka has entered in a nuclear deal with Pakistan, merely months after it entered in a similar deal with India.

So you can go and tell the tales of "Indian influence" elsewhere because the facts are telling something quite different.

Last edited:
"Fake Pakistani news" -- yet your own link claims that a deal existed of Alkhalids back in 2008 -- Whatever the outcome of that deal, the fact that the deal did not go through is irrelevant because the narrative your defending is that India will never allow a "major sale" to these nations ... but the fact is,this is not the only deal that Pakistan had with Srilanka ... now your forced to counter arguments involving sales on a big level ... that says alot if you ask me ... but since you still claim that and want to live in the fantasy world where India has such and such influence, then all you have to do is go and read up on the fighters and trainers in service with the BAF, the Myanmar airforce and the SLAF, all of which field the K-8 trainer and J-7, while the BAF -- so there the "indian influence" for ya ...

First off I commend you on your "neutrality" and selection of sources, I mean Indian express quoting the Pakistani media is well "fake" -- but a blogspot post is the most credible thing that we have .. right ?? Secondly, among the "sources" that you mention ... the link to the gazette given by you as follows doesn't work ... It'll be better if you upload a media file here to show us what it says though ...

Lets now take a look at different articles, reports including your own sources and try to make sense of the situation, this might be quite long for you, so just to assist -- I've put the entire thing Under a spoiler --
Lets come to the story of malfunction of fuses appropriately titled for some inexplicable reason as "Pakistan eyes larger share of SL`s arms market" ...
Remember this is from Feb of 2007 where reports of malfunctions were surfacing --- additionally, for some reason you forgot to mention this part from the same article ..

Lets come to 2008 ... after the entire episode of malfunctions ...

Coming to 2009, here you have the deal worth 200 million dollars being cancelled (including the whole tank deal etc.) right after the war with LTTE ended ... by quoting this Reuters piece ...
You being your usual neutral self forgot to quote the part, which states the reason for which Srilanka cancelled the deal ..

What you have is just the last three years ... in which Srilanka was at war with the LTTE --- what about the previous 5 or 6 years ??

Let's go back to 2006 ...

and I recall you saying that Pakistan wasn't even involved in any overhauling etc. of any of these aircrafts from these nations ... so here you have this as well ...

Lets now discuss this in totality ... Pakistan's cooperation with Srilanka ... during the LTTE conflict ...

A 100 page report produced by (Lindberg,Orjuela,Wezerman, Åkerström, 2011) states the following regarding Pakistan, India and China when it came to the conflict of Srilanka with LTTE ...

Post LTTE war ... we have had these statements coming from Colombo ..

And with all the "indian influence" here we are ..
Concluding from the sources cited ..

-Documented defence deals of smaller arms (b/w Pak and SL) value over 80 million dollars during the LTTE conflict.
-During the same time frame SLAF was operating the JV (PAK/China) K-8's
-PAF/PA pilots/officials, were stationed at Colombo and have assisted SL armed forces in planning and carrying out the counter-insurgency ops, and according to some sources even participated in raids.
-Even with the whole "Indian pressure" jargon, SL is still more reliant on Chinese arms.
-SLAF is already a PAC customer for the overhauling their aircrafts.
-At the time of need, it was Pakistan and China that came to Srilanka's aid.
-Sri Lanka at one point even showed Indians the middle finger, when they were being pressurized over weaponry by pointing out, it was Pakistan and China that came to their aid in 2000's and even when Srilanka knocked on the Indian door for help, it didn't get any at the time of need.
- After the war, the "Indian influenced" Srilanka's president went as far as to say the "entire country" was grateful to Pakistan.
-After the whole 200 million dollar cancellation, Srilanka has entered in a nuclear deal with Pakistan, merely months after it entered in a similar deal with India.

So you can go and tell the tales of "Indian influence" elsewhere because the facts are telling something quite different.
Lol.The Al-Khalid deal got cancelled after Sri Lanka realized India's wrath and showed Pakistan the middle finger buy cancelling the deal.The exact same thing happened recently with JF-17s.

All Bangla and Burmese K-8s and MBT2000s were fully manufactured and entirely maintained by China.The Pakistani contribution in them are less than Luxembourg's contribution in War in Mali:lol:

As I said you have been able to provide zero evidence for sale of Major defence equipment to Sri Lanka by Pakistan.All Pakistani attempts to sale them like AK tanks and JFTs have ended in garbage bin.
Mortars and grenades are not major equipment.

Lastly the nuclear deal between Pakistan and Sri Lanka covered only the fields of nuclear medicine and nuclear agriculture whereas the one with India also has establishment of atomic energy infrastructure in Lanka along with training Lankan scientists.This is the reason why Pakistan did not release details of the deal as the deal would look like a joke in front of India's deal with SL.

BTW India provided radars and anti aircraft guns to SL.SL used them to shoot down LTTE aircraft.
IAF personellwere stationed in Vavuniya and Anuradhapura.

httpwwwthehinducom/todays-paper/tp-international/india-supplies-more-radars-to-sri-lanka/article1886616.ece

More importantly Sri Lankan PM himself thanked India for defeating LTTE:

httpwwwthehinducom/news/international/india-helped-us-in-war-against-ltte-ranil/article6966953.ece

BTW since 2009 while Pakistan has failed to sell arms to Lanka whereas India signed a deal for 2 naval ships and will get order for two more soon:

httpwwwtimesofindiacom/india/After-Mauritius-India-to-export-warships-to-Sri-Lanka/articleshow/45585454.cms

Last edited:
All Bangla and Burmese K-8s and MBT2000s were fully manufactured and entirely maintained by China.The Pakistani contribution in them are less than Luxembourg's contribution in War in Mali:lol:

Could you please provide the source for this claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom