What's new

American TV Show Homeland's protrayal of Pakistan

Mercenary

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just wondering if anyone has watched the TV Show Homeland.

I watched it, its portrayal of Pakistan is quite different than reality. Although some parts were spot on.

Season 4 takes place in Pakistan and in particular Islamabad. The scenes of Islamabad were shot in CapeTown, South Africa.

I watched it, its portrayal of Pakistan is quite different than reality. Although some parts were spot on.

Season 4 takes place in Pakistan and in particular Islamabad. The scenes of Islamabad were shot in CapeTown, South Africa.

Main person behind this drama is a jew staunch supporter of Israel what else you expected

i cant watch the vedio no evil pakistanies in it :(:(?

Main person behind this drama is a jew staunch supporter of Israel what else you expected

Its based on an Israeli TV Show. But just because a Jewish person is producing it does not mean I am going to shun it or condemn the show.

The show is actually pretty good but Pakistan's portrayal has all the negative elements of Pakistan such as Veiled women, angry mobs, people burning American flags, back stabbing ISI agents who speak with British accents.

Show should have spend some money and hired a Pakistani expert to correct some of the scenes.

Its based on an Israeli TV Show. But just because a Jewish person is producing it does not mean I am going to shun it or condemn the show.

The show is actually pretty good but Pakistan's portrayal has all the negative elements of Pakistan such as Veiled women, angry mobs, people burning American flags, back stabbing ISI agents who speak with British accents.

Show should have spend some money and hired a Pakistani expert to correct some of the scenes.
That is exactly what they wanted to portray they are exactly doing as they want it to do

This is not the 1st season which has portrayed Pakistan, there are many others likes last resort in which US actually carries out nuclear strike in Pakistan. Then there was Nikita, a rog mercenary belonging to a group called division (Black water in reality) where they show how kids are trained to become future leaders of third world countries, Pakistan was mentioned again as a country who took out the US president and US sends it carrier group to attack, and Nikita saves the day.

I saw the video,i am not sure where is the negative potryal part.
PS-Most of the foreign TV shows and hollywood movies have negative potrayal Pakistan.

its a feel good show for American audiance

Back
Top Bottom