What's new

Alternatives to U-214

Is that possible for Pakistan to acquire Nuclear Submarine from China just like India for gaining 2nd strike capability in case of Nuclear War?.

It maybe that the long term strategy is to acquire the best and then work with the Chinese to produce something indigenous which is based on the experience of operating these state of the art subs.
Acquisition of U-214 will be really something special for Pakistan and may usher in a new era of Pakistan China collaboration.

Does this "experience" involve tech-transfer? If so you may want to keep that down till the deal goes through. An informed poster named Jliu once ruffled a lot pakistani feathers here when he predicted that India/Israel would not let this deal go through. One of the things he pointed out was the fear that china would get its hands on subs sold to pak. I was unsure whether to trust his words back then but then now I am less unsure.

Is that possible for Pakistan to acquire Nuclear Submarine from China just like India for gaining 2nd strike capability in case of Nuclear War?.
why do we circle around Nukes?........our navy is not gonna go to Atlantic and challenge USN we need stealthier and smaller platforms. something like U-214 or Gotland. We don't need akula stuff you know.

why do we circle around Nukes?........our navy is not gonna go to Atlantic and challenge USN we need stealthier and smaller platforms. something like U-214 or Gotland. We don't need akula stuff you know.

But dude just to get capability of 2nd Strike to make our defence invincible, what's wrong in having this capability I think in future it will be a compulsory item to have for the defence purposes and for deterence.

Does this "experience" involve tech-transfer? If so you may want to keep that down till the deal goes through. An informed poster named Jliu once ruffled a lot pakistani feathers here when he predicted that India/Israel would not let this deal go through. One of the things he pointed out was the fear that china would get its hands on subs sold to pak. I was unsure whether to trust his words back then but then now I am less unsure.

To learn from the best does not mean illegal transfer of technology...it simply gives you better ideas to help you in making a superior indigenous product.

For example how to arrange different components within a complex battle system like a submarine, if you operate the best submarine you would have a clear idea why there is no redundancy for a particular system as compared to some other system, why something conventional was not adopted in the latest submarine design, what intelligent measures have been taken to fit in maximum hardware in minimum space, how the engine noise has been reduced...etc.
You will understand the pros and cons of such a modern design when you compare to previous products and you develop an insight which helps in a future venture which is tailor made to your needs and within your budget.

Like in JF-17 project the Pakistanis helped a lot in cockpit design based on experience of flying F-16s and open access to other modern western fighters through the Arab states.
The practical hands on knowledge of pilots, engineers and technicians in operating a state of the art and proven multirole fighter helped a lot in designing a similar aircraft.

Low quality post, unless you can prove otherwise with something credible. The PN doesn't owe you any explanations.

U - 214 is also offered to India. Indian requirement is 6 boats.

If Pakistan places order first then India won't be going for U - 214.

However I would also like to put this news.

Choosing French Submarine over German? Rational decision or risking Pakistani defence ?

Choosing French Submarine over German? Rational decision or risking Pakistani defence ? | Pakistan Daily

GB

But dude just to get capability of 2nd Strike to make our defence invincible, what's wrong in having this capability I think in future it will be a compulsory item to have for the defence purposes and for deterence.

we have nuke tipped Cruise missile. our next aim should be to get a diesel sub capable of launching them like U-214 while maintaining silent. India wants to be a Global power, so let them have Big toys like ACC and SSBN and stuff

well there can be other option but there is no alternative to match the class of U214z.. a next generation, modren high stealth machine that perfectly fits into PN code. hopefully PN will eventually get done with this deal, even though it seem quite difficult now!!

regards!

we talk about Chines Subs as anopther option but keep in mind that if we can get the U214 even the PN may turn toward more subs from China in future but at that time we will be in amuch better position to co-produce with China a real fine Submarine. saying thia the U214 seem to be an essential need of time!! i guess many members will agree with this...

regards!

for that again you have to pay France money for designing the sub

Why France? why not HDW or Kockums or even Wuhan shipyard...we have know how of Augosta 90B we can certainly use it for design of new gen of subs

Back
Top Bottom