What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Cant KSA use American turbo engines in Antay? ...
USA will not have reasons to stop the sale of it..

If never let their engine worked on a competitor Tank (Altay), that they will never permit. :partay:

Ukrainian Engines might be also an alternative for Saudi Arabia.

Not enough reliable (Tested in Saudi Arabia). ;)

Last edited:
I was sipping my Turkish Coffee and munching on some Almonds, when I had an awesome idea for Hard Kill active protection system. Just wanted to run it by you guys before I submit it to ar-ge - TSKGV :-)

Okay, okay here it goes. It's naval inspired, automated reloading of hard kill projectile ! Yes, M-26 launcher Style! of course miniaturized, Aselsan has the technical ability as shown with FAARV.

mermikavrama.jpg

Benefits of such a system if conceived
  1. Automated reload while under armor
  2. Projectile capacity
  3. Marketing, no country to my knowledge has developed such a system. Arabs would love it. :)
Perceived disadvantages, I can think of a few
  1. Reliability and Maintenance - moving parts, it'd have to be bomb proof...
  2. Weight
  3. Cost

Mk26_System.gif

What you lot think, should I submit my idea to TSKGV ? :)

I was sipping my Turkish Coffee and munching on some Almonds, when I had an awesome idea for Hard Kill active protection system. Just wanted to run it by you guys before I submit it to ar-ge - TSKGV :-)

Okay, okay here it goes. It's naval inspired, automated reloading of hard kill projectile ! Yes, M-26 launcher Style! of course miniaturized, Aselsan has the technical ability as shown with FAARV.

mermikavrama.jpg

2. Projectile capacity
  3. Marketing, no country to my knowledge has developed such a system. Arabs would love it. :)
  2. Weight
  3. Cost

Mk26_System.gif

- Can you calculate diamensions of the system ? Can it be located in the turret ?

Seems sensible for me....which makes me think, why aselsan didn't thought about it in the first place ?

mermikavrama.jpg

2. Projectile capacity
  2. Weight
  3. Cost

Mk26_System.gif

Brother I congratulate you for thinking creatively and outside the box ! it's great to see a Turk who uses creativity and logical thinking to look for a solution to a problem instead of pretending there is no problem.

Unfortunately I may have bad news, if I remember correctly the Israeli trophy reloads itself automatically from inside a storage section in the turret also.

Brother I congratulate you for thinking creatively and outside the box ! it's great to see a Turk who uses creativity and logical thinking to look for a solution to a problem instead of pretending there is no problem.

Unfortunately I may have bad news, if I remember correctly the Israeli trophy reloads itself automatically from inside a storage section in the turret also.
Yes, Trophy does.
Trophy shoots bullets, what he's talking about (to my understanding) is like self reloading version of Iron Fist.
Next version of Trophy will include countermeasures against kinetic shells aswell (I'm looking forward to see how they're going to make it happen), which will basicly make the system immune to most of tank's weaknesses (except IED).
self reloading protection system is having enormous advantage than a not reloading one in the modern battle.

- Can you calculate diamensions of the system ? Can it be located in the turret ?

Seems sensible for me....which makes me think, why aselsan didn't thought about it in the first place ?

I haven't delved that far into it :-) I reckon the basket at the rear of the turret could be dismantled and replaced with the unit. Having anything mounted on the sides could hinder engine maintenance, APU or whatever the phuck those dome things are. SARP or radio antenna might cause a clearance problem..

I know this is the mockup prototype turret, but it'll work for illustration purposes. Plenty of space at the back :)
cmuuo.jpg

Oh yes, I know about the Trophy system. The down side is that Trophy does not have capability to defeat KE threats only has single launcher each side (well planned salvo attack on one side could defeat the system). I've read they've started work on something for KE threats, but it's looking likely that they'll go same route as Russians, Koreans, Brits and ze Germanz.. close proximity timed or proximity fused blast projectile.

Yes, Trophy does.
Trophy shoots bullets, what he's talking about (to my understanding) is like self reloading version of Iron Fist.
Next version of Trophy will include countermeasures against kinetic shells aswell (I'm looking forward to see how they're going to make it happen), which will basicly make the system immune to most of tank's weaknesses (except IED).
self reloading protection system is having enormous advantage than a not reloading one in the modern battle.

Yep, a self reloading Iron Fist with spent cartridge ejec..... I bet you lot have developed it already. Wasn't there some sort of cooperation between makers of Trophy and Iron Fist ?

Yep, a self reloading Iron Fist with spent cartridge ejec..... I bet you lot have developed it already. Wasn't there some sort of cooperation between makers of Trophy and Iron Fist ?
Well, trust the talented people of Rafael to develop a solution, like they always have in the past.
Where does the move initiated by IMOD, to integrate in the Trophy system the interceptor of the Iron Fist system by IMI, currently stand?

“Let’s just say that the dialog is still on-going,” says Oron Oriol.

Following Operation Protective Edge, which option did you finalize with the IDF, a new version of the Trophy system or an upgrade of the existing version?

Any weapon system that we manufacture for the IDF, following operational activity and most certainly after gaining operational experience – we will upgrade. It is not yet a new version. We received an order for the same system we sold in the past with a number of improvements.”

Source: Rafael' senior member - “The national leaders should promote defense exports”

The system is designed to work against all types of anti-tank missiles and rockets, including handheld weapons such as rocket propelled grenades. The system can simultaneously engage several threats arriving from different directions, is effective on stationary or moving platforms, and is effective against both short- and long-range threats. Newer versions of the system include a reloading feature for multiple firings. The Trophy development plan includes an enhanced countermeasures unit to be available in the future for protection against kinetic energy penetrators.

Trophy (countermeasure) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A chain feed Akkor reload system would be very easy and fast reloading. But the downside could be, a whole ammo box of APS shells coupled to the system could slow its maneuverability.

Keep the emphasize on visual stuff guys. Nobody likes to go trough 7 pages of discussion no matter how related it is to Altay.

EasygoingNimbleHochstettersfrog.gif

Finally , latest news about Altay Tank serial production.
  • SSM requested Altay Tank serial production offer from OTOKAR first.(expected date is 18th of Jan)I if the price is high, SSM will request additional offers from other companies
  • Single tank production cost foreseen 13 million 750 thousand $ (1/40 of total project cost)
  • Cost calculation is considered for 250 +250 tank production at the beginning
  • Target is to get TUMOSAN domestic engine asap
Seri üretim teklifi haftaya

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom