What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Maybe you're right but then maybe you're completely wrong so why all those speculations and rumors?
You, as all other as well me incl, have absolutely no idea what engine it is so why just not wait till it's presented?
I don't understand the need to speculate so much, nobody here is a insider so nobody knows what's really going on backstage. Just wait till official info is out, it is so simple.

You are correct. However, my speculation is based on the current sources saying that they will start production with 5 MTU engines, while no domestic engine was seen until now. Maybe these sources are fake.

There are rumors that altay serial production-low- will be start soon ,I think with korean engine.German firms always find an indirect solution to the problems they face to sell their products

Korea doesn't have a reliable transmission.

Funny thing is that it is reported that Turkey indeed contacted Korea for powerpack, but even the Korean government refused to guarantee the quality of their indigenous transmission, so the negotiation was stalled.

And terms that I have heard are a) Turkey has to directly import powerpack from Korea, which means no local production under license nor ToT and b) Turkey is only allowed to use Korean powerpack for their army and not allowed to re-export the engine with their tanks, which means Korea doens't want Turkey to compete against K2 Black Panther in the export market, especially in Middle East.

As far as I concern, Korean powerpack may not be ideal for Turkey, but Turkey is indeed desperate at the moment (so desperate that Dr. Demir talked about a limited production with few remaining spare parts and gave us the meaingless T0 + T18 timeline).

Even if Turkey acquires a suitable powerpack from somewhere, they have to go through all tests again, which means there is going to be more delay.

Last edited:
Erdogan fucked the whole project into the trash bin by allowing his henchmen ethem sancak to destroy the production schedule of Otokar for Altay Tanks. This is not just bribery but HIGH TREASON!!!
when any kompany inwest to produse tank engine, thay need to get orders with high number. otherwise it doesnt worth to put money. If Turkey buy engine from EU, how will you order from Turkish kompany? on the other hand. 100 tank alone is almost 1 billion $, i would rather get 4 I frigates than 100 tank, as Turkey got 1000s of new armored wehikles,

Erdogan fucked the whole project into the trash bin by allowing his henchmen ethem sancak to destroy the production schedule of Otokar for Altay Tanks. This is not just bribery but HIGH TREASON!!!

Okay, otokar took the order instead of BMC. Same thing happens because they won't get the engine and the transistors from Germany because they are refusing to export. How hard is it to understand it won't change because of the company if we don't have the engines.

OTOKAR emphasized two things during the tender process.

1. We are a local and national company, we have experience in producing tanks.
2. We made engine meetings with the German MTU company. There is no problem with the engine.
As a result, BMC, which has no tracked vehicle manufacturing experience and no production facility, won the tender. If it was not enough, BMC also received incentive money from the state for production. If it was not enough, important engineers of the ALTAY project working in OTOKAR were also resigned and transferred to BMC. The Tank Pallet factory, which produced the state-owned Storm howitzers, was transferred to BMC. The result? There are still no tanks.

OTOKAR emphasized two things during the tender process.

1. We are a local and national company, we have experience in producing tanks.
2. We made engine meetings with the German MTU company. There is no problem with the engine.
As a result, BMC, which has no tracked vehicle manufacturing experience and no production facility, won the tender. If it was not enough, BMC also received incentive money from the state for production. If it was not enough, important engineers of the ALTAY project working in OTOKAR were also resigned and transferred to BMC. The Tank Pallet factory, which produced the state-owned Storm howitzers, was transferred to BMC. The result? There are still no tanks.
What are you saying? That if OTOKAR got the contract, MTU would have provided the engines????

Also, what if Turks wanted to export the tank with MTU engine?

Truth is, it is better to produce the tank with domestic engine than one with a foreign engine.

What are you saying? That if OTOKAR got the contract, MTU would have provided the engines????

Also, what if Turks wanted to export the tank with MTU engine?

Truth is, it is better to produce the tank with domestic engine than one with a foreign engine.

HMMM. Come on, produce, then I'm waiting.

The Koreans don´t have domestic transmission but they still manage to export 800 Black panter k2 tanks to Poland. How is that even possible?

mtu gives green light for Korean exports but refuses madman erdogans requests because madman Erdogan keeps syrian territory occupied. Madman erdogan wants whole world as enemy of Turkey, than he can give himself the golden shot like adolf hitler in his bunker. emine erdogan will be an awefull eva braun than...
what did ERDogan do to make enemies? not letting GReek to take whole EGe sea? so you would rather get a tank engine but not to get an aCcess to the sea?
what did ERdogan do to UAE? when you get stronger there will always be people afraid of you and group up... the problem is when you stop fighting, (just compare USSR and 1990s RUssia) they will still follow to break you... so doesnt matter what you do

what did ERDogan do to make enemies? not letting GReek to take whole EGe sea? so you would rather get a tank engine but not to get an aCcess to the sea?
what did ERdogan do to UAE? when you get stronger there will always be people afraid of you and group up... the problem is when you stop fighting, (just compare USSR and 1990s RUssia) they will still follow to break you... so doesnt matter what you do

Erdogan supports Muslim brotherhood a diabolical and criminal Organisation. Erdogan doesn't care for agean. The only thing he desires is money and hell and destruction for his enemies. Erdogan sees the turkish population as his enemy. He wants to destroy Turkey to replace it with a uni religious masonic state called Anatolian republic

Erdogan supports Muslim brotherhood a diabolical and criminal Organisation. Erdogan doesn't care for agean. The only thing he desires is money and hell and destruction for his enemies. Erdogan sees the turkish population as his enemy. He wants to destroy Turkey to replace it with a uni religious masonic state called Anatolian republic
Amkodum beyinsizi, your r a f.cking dizzy stupid. wtf talking about? go back your closed stupid community, f.ck y.self there, not here, then do not waste our valueable time.

Mehmet Cemil Kale is not someone who is religious or Ataturkcu (he has posed both yobaz and Ataturkcu on WAFF, just to curse on people), he is just a psycho trolling around in forums.

The kind we call "attention whore". I see he is now busy with his troll acts in this forum. Can you believe it he has been even a teacher at a university, probably fired there.

Defense Acquisition Program Administration of Korea has applied a license to export for providing technical assistance to Turkey over integration of Korean-made powerpack into Altay MBT.
The document was sumbitted on 23rd September 2020 and Approval is pending.

I understand Turkey is desperate, but it puzzles me why they are settling with a Korean transmission which is known for having problems.

If Turkey goes with this plan, the Turkish army may receive a Altay MBT with a Korean powerpack by 2023.

Back
Top Bottom